Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #37

Scot Martin wrote: Oh, also the bug room wasn't particularly fun. Especially because we tried Soundburst to clear them out and we all took 8 damage. The spell says it does damage to "all monsters" not "all creatures in an area". I always believed the magic caused it to effect monsters only and we weren't in danger from it. While I'm okay with the bugs being immune to avoid the easy solution, allowing us to waste the spell and eat the damage without any warning is frustrating and silly.

-Scot


You're not alone, I also nuked the party for 8 damage trying to get them all off and tried to argue that the spell only targeted monsters with the DM. I was unsuccessful. So I ended up blowing Soundburst and Soothe Wounds in that room to make up for it. :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #38

My party got off lucky, then. I only tried Horn of Blasting.

"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #39

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6847

Brad Mortensen wrote: My party got off lucky, then. I only tried Horn of Blasting.


Ditto, the second time through the room where the DM described the insects burrowing under your skin in graphic detail it made more sense but I'll admit to being a little confused as to why your couldn't just AOE them down the first time.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #40

With them being partially/mostly inside you, the damage is understandable. Also, the torches doing a few points of 'unresistable' fire seems right as you are sticking hot embers into your body. At least you didn't have a purped out wizard trying to chain lightning the bugs :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #41

balthasar wrote: With them being partially/mostly inside you, the damage is understandable. Also, the torches doing a few points of 'unresistable' fire seems right as you are sticking hot embers into your body. At least you didn't have a purped out wizard trying to chain lightning the bugs :)


I don't know any wizard who would Chain Lightning creatures who are physically attached to his fellow adventurers for around 60 damage each...
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #42

Kirk Bauer wrote:

balthasar wrote: With them being partially/mostly inside you, the damage is understandable. Also, the torches doing a few points of 'unresistable' fire seems right as you are sticking hot embers into your body. At least you didn't have a purped out wizard trying to chain lightning the bugs :)


I don't know any wizard who would Chain Lightning creatures who are physically attached to his fellow adventurers for around 60 damage each...


It may have been a different spell, but some wizards really hate Stirges.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #43

balthasar wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote:

balthasar wrote: With them being partially/mostly inside you, the damage is understandable. Also, the torches doing a few points of 'unresistable' fire seems right as you are sticking hot embers into your body. At least you didn't have a purped out wizard trying to chain lightning the bugs :)


I don't know any wizard who would Chain Lightning creatures who are physically attached to his fellow adventurers for around 60 damage each...


It may have been a different spell, but some wizards really hate Stirges.

Maybe you should talk to Adeya.... ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #44

Both runs, failed miserably.

Although, I'm convinced I would get it done on run number 3!!!
Do well and you will have no need for ancestors. - Voltaire

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #45

I loved the giant spider puppet. He was awesome and creepy. I'm fairly certain the Barbarian in my party soiled himself a bit when he was 'grabbed'by the monstrous thing.

I hated the mushroom puzzle so much! I'm the party rogue and I got the clue. This narrowed it down to three mushrooms. We listened to those three talk and narrowed it down to two. The party Paladin took a bite of one (he was wrong) and so we found our solution but the room DM ruled that as brute forcing the puzzle and so we didn't get the treasure stamp. We figured out the puzzle with only one wrong answer but got screwed out of treasure.
~The Drunken Rogue~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #46

Incognito wrote:

balthasar wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote:

balthasar wrote: With them being partially/mostly inside you, the damage is understandable. Also, the torches doing a few points of 'unresistable' fire seems right as you are sticking hot embers into your body. At least you didn't have a purped out wizard trying to chain lightning the bugs :)


I don't know any wizard who would Chain Lightning creatures who are physically attached to his fellow adventurers for around 60 damage each...


It may have been a different spell, but some wizards really hate Stirges.

Maybe you should talk to Adeya.... ;)


This is why I said 'some' :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #47

galandros wrote: My favorite was probably the blocks puzzle for sable puzzle side.
...

i

I'd agree save for the DM who dinged us for forming the correct letters the "wrong" way... Really? How is an equilateral X wrongly rotated 90 degrees?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Favorite and least favorite puzzles and combat 7 years 1 month ago #48

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 10th Level
  • Supporter
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1980

joshua baessler wrote: I enjoyed all of the puzzles, though my least favorite was probably the lava puzzle on the Underdark side - the letters were a bit far apart, I'm in decent shape and still stutter-stepped into the lava after landing on the correct tile from trying to jump to it. My favorite puzzle was the mushrooms, it took several tries to figure out to listen to both the sex and the mood of each to find the one true one. The elevator effect was neat on the first Underdark puzzle.

The combats were all great, the only thing that was irritating was fighting the giant spider and blowing my backstab only to find out it was an illusion - but that's exactly what it's supposed to do, get you to waste your good attacks, so it was well designed (still irritating though!).

True Grind was amazing, excellent use of multiple environment and combat mechanics. I definitely learned I need psychic defense more than I thought I would (I spent half of each of my grinds on Team Incognito!) - plus it's a good idea to keep different weapon types on hand, always.

My sole negative experience was the one PUG I did - a group of nine, all family/friends with kids, newbies to TD - and me. The first combat room DM on the Sable Gauntlet side was really rude and short with them - like it was a huge bother to him that they didn't know what they were doing. After I pointed out to him quietly that they were all new and maybe he should cut them some slack he was a little nicer, but it spoiled the experience for the group - luckily the remaining DMs were fantastic.

All in all, I had a great time, and got to run with great people. :)


Were you the group I (the DM) gave the little girl and another adult two of my Legendary weapons to use because they were the only two still alive in my Room 7?
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds