Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
In 2013 our plans call for us to add an additional adventure to the event. There will be two consecutive adventure modules, and each module will have two variations of either a combat or puzzle orientation. The first module called “Lycans Afoot” tasks the party to travel through a dark forest in search of a tower, while the second module called “Golembane” challenges the party to reach the top of tower.

TOPIC: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #277

  • Jeff Martin
  • Jeff Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Don't lose your dinosaur
  • Posts: 8483
Thank you all again for the good posts here.

My thinking is that the white-backed tokens would be a fun addition to the game. It would give the $2K collectors a nice little bit of extra fun. It would also give the $4K collectors a complete set as a perk, so that might encourage/reward some collectors.

I will pour through all the posts again, and then make up a final list. They should be re-prints -- and mostly basic stuff.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #278

You know, if the idea is to have some fun with retro stuff, why not stick to reprints from 2003/2004? There's enough basic stuff there to get by, plus I think it would be fun to include the Rare Special and Hourglass of Answers in the random stuff!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot armor tokens didn't exist till 2005. :pinch: Still, tokens from 2003/2004/2005 would be cool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BrainScan.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #279

My main objection to high-value reprints is as a class-specific. And consumables are worthless if you don't consume them, unlike others.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #280

Mike, that seems like a well thought-out and balanced list. I like it!

Though, I think you meant Holy Symbol of Pelor (+2 to damage while turning) instead of the Greater Holy Symbol of Pelor (doubles turning damage). But I wouldn't say no to the latter. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #281

The only thing I didn't like about Mike's list is there are too many class specific tokens. If each person get 8 random tokens out of a 18 pool that means on average there will be just under 4 of each in a 10 man run. 4 Cleric, Bard, or Rogue (any class) specific tokens is too many in my opinion. I would rather the those classes start with those items and have a weapon or armor they can use in the general pool. You should get 4 of them so shouldn't hard to get a weapon or armor if you really need one.

Also as neat as it might be to have number 18. I don't think we should include any special tokens. The run itself is special. The tokens are just to fill a void until you have a relic to take itself place.

Lastly at 2k (minimum to get into the event) not all people are going to have relics for all slots. I have spent 8k total in the last two years. Before the super pulls this GenCon. I owned a +3 Bracers, a Ring of Imp Evas (that I traded to get the UR to make), 3 Girdle of Frost (one of the UR's for which was pulled from a treasure box so should only have 2), 3 Draco-Lich Claw Charms and a Great Cloak (I do have a supreme ring but not counting it because I had to buy half the ingredients from secondary markets). So I figure a relic per 1k spent roughly (very roughly). So if someone only has spent 2k to get into this event they are only likely to have 2 relics maybe. So don't not include things in slots just because there are relics in those slots. This is more of a reminder for years to come that specifically about this years tokens.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #282

Garrison wrote: Mike, that seems like a well thought-out and balanced list. I like it!

Though, I think you meant Holy Symbol of Pelor (+2 to damage while turning) instead of the Greater Holy Symbol of Pelor (doubles turning damage). But I wouldn't say no to the latter. :)


Garrison, you're right, I didn't mean to include an Ultra-Rare on the list :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #283

jedibcg wrote: The only thing I didn't like about Mike's list is there are too many class specific tokens. If each person get 8 random tokens out of a 18 pool that means on average there will be just under 4 of each in a 10 man run. 4 Cleric, Bard, or Rogue (any class) specific tokens is too many in my opinion. I would rather the those classes start with those items and have a weapon or armor they can use in the general pool. You should get 4 of them so shouldn't hard to get a weapon or armor if you really need one.

Also as neat as it might be to have number 18. I don't think we should include any special tokens. The run itself is special. The tokens are just to fill a void until you have a relic to take itself place.

Lastly at 2k (minimum to get into the event) not all people are going to have relics for all slots. I have spent 8k total in the last two years. Before the super pulls this GenCon. I owned a +3 Bracers, a Ring of Imp Evas (that I traded to get the UR to make), 3 Girdle of Frost (one of the UR's for which was pulled from a treasure box so should only have 2), 3 Draco-Lich Claw Charms and a Great Cloak (I do have a supreme ring but not counting it because I had to buy half the ingredients from secondary markets). So I figure a relic per 1k spent roughly (very roughly). So if someone only has spent 2k to get into this event they are only likely to have 2 relics maybe. So don't not include things in slots just because there are relics in those slots. This is more of a reminder for years to come that specifically about this years tokens.


Hi BC! Not to defend the list, but just to explain my reasoning, I was attempting to capture all the armor and weapons in the fixed portion, so that none was needed in the random portion. Otherwise you have some classes that already have a weapon/armor and then get more that they don't need. This way is kind of like 2003/4, where you got your weapon and armor up front, and the tokens filled in the others stuff.

I'm fine however the list ends up. Jim's original list had a lot of goodness to it also :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #284

A thought, if you gave each class 3 fixed tokens, you'd be able to include the class specific stuff also, and the combat classes could get a shield or helm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #285

Ohhh I trust Jeff (with JimC's help and our feedback) will come up with a good list. But that won't stop me from thinking and commenting about it till it is done.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #286

jedibcg wrote: Ohhh I trust Jeff (with JimC's help and our feedback) will come up with a good list. But that won't stop me from thinking and commenting about it till it is done.


Agreed! Jeff with JimC's help will come up with a great final list, and we can have fun discussing it until he announces it (and after) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #287

well, i think most people are looking at these white tokens the wrong way. as cool as it would be to have good/usable white-backed tokens, that is not the point. these are only being done because there are some classes that cant function without certain items, and those items dont exist at the level being showcased at this event. These white-backed tokens should NEVER detract from the specialness of the relics, etc.
i think each class should get 2 or 3 tokens essential to the class (ie. a weapon, so you can fight), and they should be common or uncommon. i am still undecided on if i think 'armor' is essential.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Feedback Needed on Relic/Legend Event Idea 6 years 11 months ago #288

kurtreznor wrote: well, i think most people are looking at these white tokens the wrong way. as cool as it would be to have good/usable white-backed tokens, that is not the point. these are only being done because there are some classes that cant function without certain items, and those items dont exist at the level being showcased at this event. These white-backed tokens should NEVER detract from the specialness of the relics, etc.
i think each class should get 2 or 3 tokens essential to the class (ie. a weapon, so you can fight), and they should be common or uncommon. i am still undecided on if i think 'armor' is essential.


I listed mostly rares on my list, but I'd be all for downgrading them to uncommons or commons, to emphasize the value of the Relics.

I remember 2005 I think, the first year that they introduced weapon and armor tokens. We didn't get 10 packs at the start, but they did have a box of weapon tokens that you could randomly pick one out of at the start of the Dungeon (the Ranger got to pick two). They were mostly common weapons, but one or two of us got an uncommon. That is similar to what you're recommending.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Steele.
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds