Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rarest tokens list?

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #73

How do you define "token"?
  • Does it have to be a woody or a chippy?
  • Does it have to be manufactured by TD's printer in China?
  • Is it a "token" if it just looks like a token but is made of atypical token materials?
  • When defining what a token is, does the size of the item play a part in the decision?
  • Does it need to be an "official" token to count?
    · If so, how do you define "official?
  • If Jeff peeled the sticker off a real token, printed a graphic on his office printer, cut out that graphic in a 34 mm circle, and adhered the circle of cheap paper on the blank, does that count?
    · Would it be a "real" token if Lori did that?
    · If I did that, would it count??
    · Can any TD employee do that and still have it count?
    · Can any volunteer do that and still have it count?
    · Can any player do that and still have it count?
  • Does peeling the sticker off a real token and putting that sticker on a poker chip count?
  • Does a picture of a real token count as a "real" token?
    · If so, if the picture were to be altered, would that picture still be a "real" token?
  • Do novelty tokens count?
  • Do virtual tokens count?
    · If so, do fauxkens count?
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Druegar. Reason: corrected spelling of "fauxkens"

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #74

Druegar wrote: How do you define "token"?

  • Does it have to be a woody or a chippy?
  • Does it have to be manufactured by TD's printer in China?
  • Is it a "token" if it just looks like a token but is made of atypical token materials?
  • When defining what a token is, does the size of the item play a part in the decision?
  • Does it need to be an "official" token to count?
    · If so, how do you define "official?
  • If Jeff peeled the sticker off a real token, printed a graphic on his office printer, cut out that graphic in a 34 mm circle, and adhered the circle of cheap paper on the blank, does that count?
    · Would it be a "real" token if Lori did that?
    · If I did that, would it count??
    · Can any TD employee do that and still have it count?
    · Can any volunteer do that and still have it count?
    · Can any player do that and still have it count?
  • Does peeling the sticker off a real token and putting that sticker on a poker chip count?
  • Does a picture of a real token count as a "real" token?
    · If so, if the picture were to be altered, would that picture still be a "real" token?
  • Do novelty tokens count?
  • Do virtual tokens count?
    · If so, do fauxens count?


Oh man, there just has to be some clues in this post for that next mystery Token... :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #75

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6292

Rob F wrote:

Druegar wrote: How do you define "token"?

  • Does it have to be a woody or a chippy?
  • Does it have to be manufactured by TD's printer in China?
  • Is it a "token" if it just looks like a token but is made of atypical token materials?
  • When defining what a token is, does the size of the item play a part in the decision?
  • Does it need to be an "official" token to count?
    · If so, how do you define "official?
  • If Jeff peeled the sticker off a real token, printed a graphic on his office printer, cut out that graphic in a 34 mm circle, and adhered the circle of cheap paper on the blank, does that count?
    · Would it be a "real" token if Lori did that?
    · If I did that, would it count??
    · Can any TD employee do that and still have it count?
    · Can any volunteer do that and still have it count?
    · Can any player do that and still have it count?
  • Does peeling the sticker off a real token and putting that sticker on a poker chip count?
  • Does a picture of a real token count as a "real" token?
    · If so, if the picture were to be altered, would that picture still be a "real" token?
  • Do novelty tokens count?
  • Do virtual tokens count?
    · If so, do fauxens count?


Oh man, there just has to be some clues in this post for that next mystery Token... :)


I would say if it comes form HQ, and we have not been told it doesnt count (ie a counterfeit coa or something) it counts.

For example, I know of a old version COA that has the bosses sign off. IMO that counts.

The hammer of fosaltrus would count regardless of where it was made.

Things like the giant token or virtual glasses of milk are more borderline for me. But IMO anything made in good faith counts, trent tokens or team synergy for example also count for me even though they are none official.

To quote a famous legal argument, I'll know it when I see it.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #76

What are fauxens?
I play Wizard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #77

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 9704

Anthony Barnstable wrote: What are fauxens?

Faux + Token = fauxen
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #78

Rothfuss showed on his stream with Lori that he has Taborlin's Coin which is one-of-a-kind.

www.twitch.tv/videos/829099382 timestamp 3:07:55

Can't read the text though :(
Classes Played: Barbarian (30 times), Monk (26), Ranger (20), Rogue (17), Cleric (12), Fighter (10), Dwarf Fighter (7), Druid (7), Paladin (6), Bard (4), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #79

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 9704

Jeff321 wrote: Rothfuss showed on his stream with Lori that he has Taborlin's Coin which is one-of-a-kind.

www.twitch.tv/videos/829099382 timestamp 3:07:55

Can't read the text though :(


DRUEGAR this token should be in the tokendb!!!....lol
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #80

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote: 1 of 200?
Complete Rod of Seven Parts


They are numbered 100 through 250 I think? So 150 max? At least that have been issued. No idea how many have been printed. Also, since they are individually numbered, they are kind of one-of-a-kinds :)

Supreme Ring was mentioned earlier too. That is a good question if there are more or less of those.
Classes Played: Barbarian (30 times), Monk (26), Ranger (20), Rogue (17), Cleric (12), Fighter (10), Dwarf Fighter (7), Druid (7), Paladin (6), Bard (4), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #81

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6292

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote:

Jeff321 wrote: Rothfuss showed on his stream with Lori that he has Taborlin's Coin which is one-of-a-kind.

www.twitch.tv/videos/829099382 timestamp 3:07:55

Can't read the text though :(


DRUEGAR this token should be in the tokendb!!!....lol


2nded even if it's just like warmaul in the sense that what it does is a secret.

P.s. I absolutely love that Jeff does one offs like this.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #82

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote:

Anthony Barnstable wrote: What are fauxens?

Faux + Token = fauxen

my figurine power of DA Bear

forgot about that one
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #83

edwin wrote:

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote:

edwin wrote: The following three items should be removed:


I am still waiting to hear why they should be removed. If there is a rarer token doesn't mean they should be removed.


Cool. Figure the first several years of onyx tokens of all rarities are rarer than 200,. Figure hundreds of tokens to add.


I'm still looking for a complete 2009 R/U/C Onyx set. I've got all the rest. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #84

I saw what was essentially an "IOU" from Jeff as a white token once or maybe twice?

I think Laz had one?

Am I totally mis-remembering that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds