Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Rarest tokens list?

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #49

Singsalot wrote: I'm not sure how many Garnet Charms made it out, but I'm fairly sure there were only 3 opportunities to get one, and not everyone with the option took it...

How many part-timers were at PAX South?


It appears several of the VTD volunteers received the Garnet Charms. There are a few listed in the golem trade thread.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #50

The oversized giant token that was auctioned is 1 of 1 as well I believe.

The future Auri's Candles are limited in some way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #51

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 9702

Phil Norton wrote:
The future Auri's Candles are limited in some way.

There could be 500 of them. The honey is limited to 500. I don't know that the candle is.

"Auri's Honeycomb can be transmuted into Auri's Candle at the True Dungeon website. (This premium only available while supplies last.)" Who knows yet....
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #52

I think this is a great thread.

I'd love to see a compiled list of hard to find tokens. Maybe hard but not impossible to find tokens for collectors of all stripes.

Even things like Charm of Enlightenment could be a good add.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #53

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 9702
This goes back to the question of hard to find or few printed. The two can be the same thing but don't have to be, for example the Charm of Enlightenment you mentioned. It was no rarer than any other rare token produced that year. Now how many remain in circulation is very different that the 1000's that had to have been made.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #54

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote:

Phil Norton wrote:
The future Auri's Candles are limited in some way.

There could be 500 of them. The honey is limited to 500. I don't know that the candle is.

"Auri's Honeycomb can be transmuted into Auri's Candle at the True Dungeon website. (This premium only available while supplies last.)" Who knows yet....


We may never know, but it would be interesting out of the maximum of 500 honeycombs how many of them are transmuted into candles and how many stay as honeycombs. I suspect the honeycombs will end up rarer than the candles. I know I'll be transmuting mine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #55

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 9702

Mike Steele wrote:

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote:

Phil Norton wrote:
The future Auri's Candles are limited in some way.

There could be 500 of them. The honey is limited to 500. I don't know that the candle is.

"Auri's Honeycomb can be transmuted into Auri's Candle at the True Dungeon website. (This premium only available while supplies last.)" Who knows yet....


We may never know, but it would be interesting out of the maximum of 500 honeycombs how many of them are transmuted into candles and how many stay as honeycombs. I suspect the honeycombs will end up rarer than the candles. I know I'll be transmuting mine.


Well it also depends if you can make the candle without the honeycomb. The Honeycomb is listed as a Worldbuilders exclusive but the candle isn't so it is possible that it could be made another way.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #56

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote:

Phil Norton wrote:
The future Auri's Candles are limited in some way.

There could be 500 of them. The honey is limited to 500. I don't know that the candle is.

"Auri's Honeycomb can be transmuted into Auri's Candle at the True Dungeon website. (This premium only available while supplies last.)" Who knows yet....


We may never know, but it would be interesting out of the maximum of 500 honeycombs how many of them are transmuted into candles and how many stay as honeycombs. I suspect the honeycombs will end up rarer than the candles. I know I'll be transmuting mine.


Well it also depends if you can make the candle without the honeycomb. The Honeycomb is listed as a Worldbuilders exclusive but the candle isn't so it is possible that it could be made another way.


That is true, there could be an alternate recipe for the candle. My guess is that there won't be though. I do wonder how many (if any) of either will find their way into treasure boxes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #57

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 9702

Mike Steele wrote: That is true, there could be an alternate recipe for the candle. My guess is that there won't be though. I do wonder how many (if any) of either will find their way into treasure boxes.

That is also possible. There is so much we don't know.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #58

  • Trent
  • Trent's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • www.TrentTokens.com
  • Posts: 2363

Phil Norton wrote: The oversized giant token that was auctioned is 1 of 1 as well I believe.

The future Auri's Candles are limited in some way.


This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #59

Singsalot wrote:

Rob F wrote:

smakdown wrote: there were some novelty tokens produced by Tom Gowen (Attack of the GMs).
there were also some prototypes for 2007. someone said they were like pogs?


Pardon my ignorance but what does "pogs" mean?


POGs were small cardboard discs with images - so named for POG juice (Passion/Orange/Guava, common in Hawaii - given out on their inter-island flights) - the original POGs were found under the caps of gallon POG juice.

In the early 90s, POGs became a fad, and a game was played wherein 2 players stacked equal numbers of POGs, then flipped them with "slammers" made of plastic or metal - flipped POGs were collected for points (often POGs games were played for keeps).


This thread was worth reading just to learn that POG stood for something!

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rarest tokens list? 4 months 4 days ago #60

Mike Steele wrote:

jedibcg banjo 2020 is the worst wrote:

Phil Norton wrote:
The future Auri's Candles are limited in some way.

There could be 500 of them. The honey is limited to 500. I don't know that the candle is.

"Auri's Honeycomb can be transmuted into Auri's Candle at the True Dungeon website. (This premium only available while supplies last.)" Who knows yet....


We may never know, but it would be interesting out of the maximum of 500 honeycombs how many of them are transmuted into candles and how many stay as honeycombs. I suspect the honeycombs will end up rarer than the candles. I know I'll be transmuting mine.


Being a fan of The Slow Regard for Silent Things - I made it a point to get enough to keep both a honeycomb and get a candle.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds