Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Scrolls Decoded

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #49

jedibcg Banjo 5150 Lover wrote: The 2021 scrolls use a different font it seems.

Think I solved Scroll Holy Fire. Let's just say Laz does not agree.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Having a much more difficult time with Scroll Lightning Bolt
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Like.
Turn 03: You purchase a dagger, bow and two potions.
Shopkeep: "If your looking to earn gold you should speak to the Cleric, she may have need of someone with your skills."
╔═════════╗
║ (ᴗ ͜ʖ ᴗ) ║
║[℧] ║
║  ║
╚════  ═══╝
[Shop: Spellbook 5gp]

Options:
[Find Cleric][Leave Town][Other]

[HP: 5][Inventory: 0GP, Rum, †(Dagger), €(Bow), 2x(♥)]

Want to control the story? rules here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #50

  • Spud
  • Spud's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • Posts: 200
Is someone a Queen fan? JediBCG

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?
Thunderbolt and lightning very, very frightening me.
I'm not going to lie to you, I've been drinking .....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #51

  • Reap
  • Reap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Diablo Fan
  • Posts: 1978

jedibcg Banjo 5150 Lover wrote: The 2021 scrolls use a different font it seems.

Once they get added to the tokendb and we get good images of them solving them might be doable. Or if someone finds that other font....

I think though they are each 3 words

Scroll Holy Fire
4 letter word 2 letter word then not certain because I don't know what counts as letters

Scroll Lightning Botl
4 letter word possibly same 4 letter word then again uncertain how many letter.


It might be Mara's Eye Font. Of note apparently this font is used in the Indiana Jones ride at Disney...


Think I solved Scroll Holy Fire. Let's just say Laz does not agree.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Having a much more difficult time with Scroll Lightning Bolt
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Nice!
Classes Played: Barbarian (29 times), Monk (23), Ranger (19), Rogue (15), Cleric (12), Fighter (9), Dwarf Fighter (7), Druid (6), Paladin (5), Bard (3), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #52

jedibcg Banjo 5150 Lover wrote: The 2021 scrolls use a different font it seems.

Once they get added to the tokendb and we get good images of them solving them might be doable. Or if someone finds that other font....

I think though they are each 3 words

Scroll Holy Fire
4 letter word 2 letter word then not certain because I don't know what counts as letters

Scroll Lightning Botl
4 letter word possibly same 4 letter word then again uncertain how many letter.


It might be Mara's Eye Font. Of note apparently this font is used in the Indiana Jones ride at Disney...


Think I solved Scroll Holy Fire. Let's just say Laz does not agree.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Having a much more difficult time with Scroll Lightning Bolt
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

That scroll is dead to me
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #53

  • Reap
  • Reap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Diablo Fan
  • Posts: 1978
The uncommon (Scroll Stone to Flesh) is "once I was afraid".

www.dafont.com/maras-eye.font?text=once+i+was+afraid
Classes Played: Barbarian (29 times), Monk (23), Ranger (19), Rogue (15), Cleric (12), Fighter (9), Dwarf Fighter (7), Druid (6), Paladin (5), Bard (3), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #54

I didn't even realize it was on other scrolls or I would have looked.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #55

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

jedibcg Banjo 5150 Lover wrote: The 2021 scrolls use a different font it seems.

Once they get added to the tokendb and we get good images of them solving them might be doable. Or if someone finds that other font....

I think though they are each 3 words

Scroll Holy Fire
4 letter word 2 letter word then not certain because I don't know what counts as letters

Scroll Lightning Botl
4 letter word possibly same 4 letter word then again uncertain how many letter.


It might be Mara's Eye Font. Of note apparently this font is used in the Indiana Jones ride at Disney...


Think I solved Scroll Holy Fire. Let's just say Laz does not agree.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Having a much more difficult time with Scroll Lightning Bolt
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

That scroll is dead to me


The other has words from Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

"...Thunderbolt and lIghtning, very, very frightening....".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #56

I was petrified. ... I see a Halloween theme here

Jeff321 wrote: The uncommon (Scroll Stone to Flesh) is "once I was afraid".

www.dafont.com/maras-eye.font?text=once+i+was+afraid

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #57

The movie or the season? I see a theme around good songs.

jon wrote: I was petrified. ... I see a Halloween theme here

Jeff321 wrote: The uncommon (Scroll Stone to Flesh) is "once I was afraid".

www.dafont.com/maras-eye.font?text=once+i+was+afraid

--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #58

guess we need a scroll of "raise dead" so the text can be "don't fear the reaper"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #59

Endgame wrote: guess we need a scroll of "raise dead" so the text can be "don't fear the reaper"


Maybe “ah ah stayin alive” or possibly “baby I’ve been here before” though that is a bit long in the script.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scrolls Decoded 6 months 2 weeks ago #60

macxdmg wrote:

Endgame wrote: guess we need a scroll of "raise dead" so the text can be "don't fear the reaper"


Maybe “ah ah stayin alive” or possibly “baby I’ve been here before” though that is a bit long in the script.


I suggest "L'Chaim"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds