Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Feeling the itch?

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #1

Is anyone else getting really impatient about 2020 token orders...

Aaagh, I think the earlier shipping schedule is making the itch worse...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #2

I'm actually feeling more anxious about other things.

There are all these things we've said we're going to do
Class card redesign
Wis/Int abilities
I think there was a third thing (Maybe 2021 token design)

And we haven't really started doing any of them.

If we as players aren't really responsible, great.

If we are, and these things are supposed to debut at Origins 2020, it feels like we should get started (and I am a procrastinator from way back).

That said, yes, I'll be extremely excited when my 2020s arrive.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #3

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I'm actually feeling more anxious about other things.

There are all these things we've said we're going to do
Class card redesign
Wis/Int abilities
I think there was a third thing (Maybe 2021 token design)

If it helps, I don't think those first two things are separate, it's more like "one really big thing". Does that help? Heh.

But, I bet either:

a) Jeff has already solved it, just waiting to announce until maybe after PAX South, or
b) It gets delayed again because TD is spending effort expanding to more conventions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #4

Braxton wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I'm actually feeling more anxious about other things.

There are all these things we've said we're going to do
Class card redesign
Wis/Int abilities
I think there was a third thing (Maybe 2021 token design)

If it helps, I don't think those first two things are separate, it's more like "one really big thing". Does that help? Heh.

But, I bet either:

a) Jeff has already solved it, just waiting to announce until maybe after PAX South, or
b) It gets delayed again because TD is spending effort expanding to more conventions.


Part "b" is why I've tried to send little nudges about those items a few times over the last several months.

I'd be surprised to hear that Wis and Int are solved or that the card redesign is done, without some feedback in L&L forum. Not that Jeff has to provide a review opportunity, just that he has been kind enough to take our input on such things in the past.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #5

Fiddy wrote:

Braxton wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I'm actually feeling more anxious about other things.

There are all these things we've said we're going to do
Class card redesign
Wis/Int abilities
I think there was a third thing (Maybe 2021 token design)

If it helps, I don't think those first two things are separate, it's more like "one really big thing". Does that help? Heh.

But, I bet either:

a) Jeff has already solved it, just waiting to announce until maybe after PAX South, or
b) It gets delayed again because TD is spending effort expanding to more conventions.


Part "b" is why I've tried to send little nudges about those items a few times over the last several months.

I'd be surprised to hear that Wis and Int are solved or that the card redesign is done, without some feedback in L&L forum. Not that Jeff has to provide a review opportunity, just that he has been kind enough to take our input on such things in the past.


I'm with you guys. And I'm hoping this comes sooner than later. I sense the wave of apathy that has been building over the last few years is coming to head for many long-time players and this could be the SHOT that everyone needs to get reinvigorated for TD.
Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #6

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I'm actually feeling more anxious about other things.

There are all these things we've said we're going to do
Class card redesign
Wis/Int abilities
I think there was a third thing (Maybe 2021 token design)

And we haven't really started doing any of them.

If we as players aren't really responsible, great.

If we are, and these things are supposed to debut at Origins 2020, it feels like we should get started (and I am a procrastinator from way back).

That said, yes, I'll be extremely excited when my 2020s arrive.

There was also the discussion of Wits, Luck, and Mettle.
And the discussion about the player level 10 reward.
2021 token design could be added to the list too, and the arguable separate discussion of one or two Legendaries for fighter/dwarf fighter (as well as Wizard/elf Wizard).
I play Wizard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #7

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5846

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Braxton wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I'm actually feeling more anxious about other things.

There are all these things we've said we're going to do
Class card redesign
Wis/Int abilities
I think there was a third thing (Maybe 2021 token design)

If it helps, I don't think those first two things are separate, it's more like "one really big thing". Does that help? Heh.

But, I bet either:

a) Jeff has already solved it, just waiting to announce until maybe after PAX South, or
b) It gets delayed again because TD is spending effort expanding to more conventions.


Part "b" is why I've tried to send little nudges about those items a few times over the last several months.

I'd be surprised to hear that Wis and Int are solved or that the card redesign is done, without some feedback in L&L forum. Not that Jeff has to provide a review opportunity, just that he has been kind enough to take our input on such things in the past.


I'm with you guys. And I'm hoping this comes sooner than later. I sense the wave of apathy that has been building over the last few years is coming to head for many long-time players and this could be the SHOT that everyone needs to get reinvigorated for TD.


I feel more like its exhaustion then apathy. A lot of the people I've talked to have expressed sentiments like to much to fast etc. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #8

I agree, Picc. Burnout is the opposite of apathy.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #9

Brad Mortensen wrote: I agree, Picc. Burnout is the opposite of apathy.


Burnout is a weird thing. I thought I was pretty burned out after Gencon, and was almost regretting having already booked GHC trip. But I had hella fun at GHC running with different groups.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #10

I recall (and I don't have any references to back this up) that the character card redesign along with the stats changes would be done in 2020 prior to the 2021 token development. My understanding is that the new character cards wouldn't be used until 2021. The idea being that we could design the 2021 tokens with the new character cards in mind.

If I'm correct on that, then we have ~6-7 months to figure the big stuff out and then go into 2021 token development if we use the same schedule as this year.

I'm not saying we should continue to procrastinate, but I am saying that I'm not worried yet. I do know that Jeff has some great ideas (as usual). I don't have any details but I know he has been thinking about it and I like some of the ideas he has had.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kirk Bauer.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #11

Braxton wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: I agree, Picc. Burnout is the opposite of apathy.


Burnout is a weird thing. I thought I was pretty burned out after Gencon, and was almost regretting having already booked GHC trip. But I had hella fun at GHC running with different groups.


I wonder if part of it it that TD is now appearing at more cons than a lot of people can reasonably handle going to all in the same year, though they still give it a shot. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Feeling the itch? 7 months 2 weeks ago #12

Azzy wrote:

Braxton wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: I agree, Picc. Burnout is the opposite of apathy.


Burnout is a weird thing. I thought I was pretty burned out after Gencon, and was almost regretting having already booked GHC trip. But I had hella fun at GHC running with different groups.


I wonder if part of it it that TD is now appearing at more cons than a lot of people can reasonably handle going to all in the same year, though they still give it a shot. :D


Pretty sure Trent will see this as a challenge!
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds