Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ebay fraudulent auctions

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #37

Has anybody let Jeff know about these? I hate to bother him with stuff, but if these tokens look authentic they could be stolen by factory workers wherever the tokens are printed. It could be useful for him to know.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #38

Kirk Bauer wrote: Has anybody let Jeff know about these? I hate to bother him with stuff, but if these tokens look authentic they could be stolen by factory workers wherever the tokens are printed. It could be useful for him to know.

read back...these are not stolen. as soon as you buy and pay for the auction, the seller becomes no longer registered. they are stealing old photos (i think this is from the auction a few weeks ago, where the person listed a few lots
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #39

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: Has anybody let Jeff know about these? I hate to bother him with stuff, but if these tokens look authentic they could be stolen by factory workers wherever the tokens are printed. It could be useful for him to know.

read back...these are not stolen. as soon as you buy and pay for the auction, the seller becomes no longer registered. they are stealing old photos (i think this is from the auction a few weeks ago, where the person listed a few lots


Ahh, OK, well that's not all that bad. Much better than somebody having a bunch of ill-gotten tokens.
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #40

It's worse. They are stealing money from people who don't know better.

Several ways these scammers are operating and why.

These fake sellers puts up what looks like normal listing, usually with a Buy Now option. When you purchase it, they usually properly ship the package but mess up your shipping info, making you think that you received someone else’s package. Or ship missing or damaged with return instructions in-case of these mistakes.

Many will return the package to the post office instead of following the Ebay dispute steps. Unfortunately, this marks your package as “Refused” or “Returned,” and that voids the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

The money that you sent to the seller is now his to keep, and you have nothing to show for it. The worst part? This counts as a resolved dispute and you can’t leave feedback after dispute resolutions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #41

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5994

Rebeg wrote: It's worse. They are stealing money from people who don't know better.

Several ways these scammers are operating and why.

These fake sellers puts up what looks like normal listing, usually with a Buy Now option. When you purchase it, they usually properly ship the package but mess up your shipping info, making you think that you received someone else’s package. Or ship missing or damaged with return instructions in-case of these mistakes.

Many will return the package to the post office instead of following the Ebay dispute steps. Unfortunately, this marks your package as “Refused” or “Returned,” and that voids the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

The money that you sent to the seller is now his to keep, and you have nothing to show for it. The worst part? This counts as a resolved dispute and you can’t leave feedback after dispute resolutions.


And all that assumes the dispute window is even open after months and months of shipping back and forth to god only knows where.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #42

Kirk Bauer wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: Has anybody let Jeff know about these? I hate to bother him with stuff, but if these tokens look authentic they could be stolen by factory workers wherever the tokens are printed. It could be useful for him to know.

read back...these are not stolen. as soon as you buy and pay for the auction, the seller becomes no longer registered. they are stealing old photos (i think this is from the auction a few weeks ago, where the person listed a few lots


Ahh, OK, well that's not all that bad. Much better than somebody having a bunch of ill-gotten tokens.


Maybe we all need to try harder to watermark or otherwise label our eBay pictures so they don't have such an easy time of it. I know it won't stop anyone, but the harder we make it the less lucrative it becomes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #43

Joshua Baessler wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Kirk Bauer wrote: Has anybody let Jeff know about these? I hate to bother him with stuff, but if these tokens look authentic they could be stolen by factory workers wherever the tokens are printed. It could be useful for him to know.

read back...these are not stolen. as soon as you buy and pay for the auction, the seller becomes no longer registered. they are stealing old photos (i think this is from the auction a few weeks ago, where the person listed a few lots


Ahh, OK, well that's not all that bad. Much better than somebody having a bunch of ill-gotten tokens.


Maybe we all need to try harder to watermark or otherwise label our eBay pictures so they don't have such an easy time of it. I know it won't stop anyone, but the harder we make it the less lucrative it becomes.

we as a community are doing a good job of reporting them
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #44

Picc wrote:

Rebeg wrote: It's worse. They are stealing money from people who don't know better.

Several ways these scammers are operating and why.

These fake sellers puts up what looks like normal listing, usually with a Buy Now option. When you purchase it, they usually properly ship the package but mess up your shipping info, making you think that you received someone else’s package. Or ship missing or damaged with return instructions in-case of these mistakes.

Many will return the package to the post office instead of following the Ebay dispute steps. Unfortunately, this marks your package as “Refused” or “Returned,” and that voids the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

The money that you sent to the seller is now his to keep, and you have nothing to show for it. The worst part? This counts as a resolved dispute and you can’t leave feedback after dispute resolutions.


And all that assumes the dispute window is even open after months and months of shipping back and forth to god only knows where.

these sellers, have been unregistering right after purchase

not even sending items
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #45

OK this one is probably a legit item. But seriously, $80. for a Brawler's Horn?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #46

Rebeg wrote: OK this one is probably a legit item. But seriously, $80. for a Brawler's Horn?


If anyone wants one for half that price, please see me first!

B)
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #47

China's back. This time for a 25,000 GP bar. Yours for only $28.98

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ebay fraudulent auctions 2 years 11 months ago #48

Rebeg wrote: China's back. This time for a 25,000 GP bar. Yours for only $28.98

Reported it as well. I tried to guess which seemed most appropriate, given that I have never reported anything before.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds