Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TD Character Creator (Web Site)

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #361

jedibcg Banjo 513 Lover wrote: The Druid’s Sacred Vestments provide +2 healing when you choose Pass on the skill check.


Noted, I don't think I have seen anyone use that in at least three years. Doing a rare and under build I am guessing.
Have a question? Check the Token DataBase

Have you seen https://tdcharactercreator.com yet?

Check out my latest Build Acherin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #362

Acherin wrote:

jedibcg Banjo 513 Lover wrote: The Druid’s Sacred Vestments provide +2 healing when you choose Pass on the skill check.


Noted, I don't think I have seen anyone use that in at least three years. Doing a rare and under build I am guessing.


Nope it is the shirt my Druid has always worn. It is great value for its rarity. Only shirt I would replace it with is a Shirt of Focus, but I don't own one nor am I looking to acquire one, and even if I did acquire one it would likely go on the cleric.

I also didn't see you add this note so my last post I added something about the Nightshade’s +2 Short Sword, just wanted to make sure you saw that as well.

Again I am loving all the little details, like advancing the room regens you if you have regeneration. That is a nice little detail that I missed when I first was trying it out.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #363

Glad you appreciate the little details they took the most time, you know the whole devil in the details thing.

About nightshades it is that the +2 from the 8 is always being added it's something I wanted to fix before this weekend but ran out of time.
Have a question? Check the Token DataBase

Have you seen https://tdcharactercreator.com yet?

Check out my latest Build Acherin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #364

When equipping several of my party’s builds, I get a warning “ Sheilds used for range and melee must be the same”.

I can find no rule in the players handbook that says shields must match.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #365

Endgame wrote: When equipping several of my party’s builds, I get a warning “ Sheilds used for range and melee must be the same”.

I can find no rule in the players handbook that says shields must match.

That is a rule.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #366

jedibcg Banjo 513 Lover wrote:

Endgame wrote: When equipping several of my party’s builds, I get a warning “ Sheilds used for range and melee must be the same”.

I can find no rule in the players handbook that says shields must match.

That is a rule.

Where is it a rule? I did ask about this before my party bought a bunch of lucky shields, and pointed it out in token design and the closest I got was “technically, it’s legal”

Edit to say that the app allows equipping 2 shields as well, such as lucky shield and shield of the scholar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Endgame.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #367

Endgame wrote:

jedibcg Banjo 513 Lover wrote:

Endgame wrote: When equipping several of my party’s builds, I get a warning “ Sheilds used for range and melee must be the same”.

I can find no rule in the players handbook that says shields must match.

That is a rule.

Where is it a rule? I did ask about this before my party bought a bunch of lucky shields, and pointed it out in token design and the closest I got was “technically, it’s legal”


I will see where I can find it, but it has been a rule for a couple years that you cannot shield sleaze. You can do a bucker and a shield but if you are equipping a shield it must be the same in both.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #368

I admit I am having trouble finding the ruling but I can find where it was discussed by
Amorgen Burke and Cranston about working it into their character generators because of the ruling. I don't know if the TD Character Creator predates their conversation or not but he also incorporated it.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #369

I just wanted to say thanks for the incredible amount of work I know went into this. I used the site for all four of my runs, and it seemed to work out great for me. I use your site as the primary repository for my characters, so it was much more convenient to just use those characters in VTD rather than rebuilding them in the app.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #370

jedibcg Banjo 513 Lover wrote: I admit I am having trouble finding the ruling but I can find where it was discussed by
Amorgen Burke and Cranston about working it into their character generators because of the ruling. I don't know if the TD Character Creator predates their conversation or not but he also incorporated it.

It doesn’t exist in the PHB or the DM guide, and I just double checked both. No one could point me to a place during 2020 token design either, where I asked several times to make sure we didn’t get burned buying lucky shields.

The app and the excel (I haven’t checked the excel this year) both also let you equip 2 different shields.

Assuming no clarifications or changes to the DM guide or the PHB, I intend on buying a lucky cloak so I can wear both the redoubt and lucky set by distributing the shields in different slots. It would be nice to use the website, but the shields must match warning is a bit of a deal breaker for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #371

Endgame wrote: It doesn’t exist in the PHB or the DM guide, and I just double checked both. No one could point me to a place during 2020 token design either, where I asked several times to make sure we didn’t get burned buying lucky shields.

The app and the excel (I haven’t checked the excel this year) both also let you equip 2 different shields.

Assuming no clarifications or changes to the DM guide or the PHB, I intend on buying a lucky cloak so I can wear both the redoubt and lucky set by distributing the shields in different slots. It would be nice to use the website, but the shields must match warning is a bit of a deal breaker for that.


I know it was discussed and Cranston wrote that he was putting into to the app (dunno if he took it out). Druegar will have the final say in it of course, but I pretty sure this was decided maybe in the 2019 token design threads that no longer exist.

Sorry I cannot help you that no one brought it up. Maybe it was ruled that way and then was changed and I don't know of the change. All I can say is that I remember this being discussed way back when. I can also find a post where Cranston said he was going to make it so you could not do that. I cannot find anything as to why exactly. I cannot find a reversal either. So we will need to let Druegar chime in.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Character Creator (Web Site) 4 months 1 week ago #372

Jeff321 wrote: It did take a while to get used to where all the buttons are. I'd suggest moving the Attack/Spells/Defense/Buffs buttons to just below the Roller/Statistics/Notes/Settings buttons. That would be a more natural flow of clicks to drill-down (from the top and moving down).


+1 to this suggestion

Awesome work on TDCC; had a great experience using it for my two V1b runs! :)
dmrzzz's trade thread

Yes, my AC is lower than the Wizard's. No regrets!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds