Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Dungeon Character Generators (App)

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #217

Bob Chasan wrote: So trying to email a character, I can click on the word email but then it brings up a window saying no email has been set up. I have emailed a character once before so I’m not sure what has happened. How do I set up an email?


I have what may be a related problem. When I hit "email", the app simply seems to do nothing. This is on a Google Pixel running Android 8.1. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, and get the same behaviour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #218

The brawlers horn doesn’t have a damage %.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #219

Bob Chasan wrote: So trying to email a character, I can click on the word email but then it brings up a window saying no email has been set up. I have emailed a character once before so I’m not sure what has happened. How do I set up an email?

Email is an app like any other. The Character Generator initiates a request to the email process, which allows the user to select which email app is used. If you are running Android, you can download an email app from Google Play (there should be at least one free email app) and install. If you are on Apple, there is a stock email app, but if needed you can download it from the iTunes Store.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #220

Fiddy wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote: So trying to email a character, I can click on the word email but then it brings up a window saying no email has been set up. I have emailed a character once before so I’m not sure what has happened. How do I set up an email?


I have what may be a related problem. When I hit "email", the app simply seems to do nothing. This is on a Google Pixel running Android 8.1. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, and get the same behaviour.

Remember that you need to highlight the character you want to email, before tapping the Email button. So tap the character to send, and then tap Email.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #221

jon wrote: The brawlers horn doesn’t have a damage %.

Ok. A little confused. The Brawler's Horn adds +2 to hit when used in the melee offhand (+2 only applies to melee weapons). I have checked and it works correctly. I am not sure what you are asking.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #222

Cranston wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote: So trying to email a character, I can click on the word email but then it brings up a window saying no email has been set up. I have emailed a character once before so I’m not sure what has happened. How do I set up an email?

Email is an app like any other. The Character Generator initiates a request to the email process, which allows the user to select which email app is used. If you are running Android, you can download an email app from Google Play (there should be at least one free email app) and install. If you are on Apple, there is a stock email app, but if needed you can download it from the iTunes Store.



Using an Apple 7s
I currently use Outlook and google mail on the phone
Just not sure how to configure it in your app
The exact message is
No Mail Accounts
Please set up a Mail account in order to send email.

My only option is the OK button which exists me back to the character screen.

Also Yes I am aware that I need to highlight the character. As I said, I have done this once before but it doesn't seem to work anymore.
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #223

Monks and Rangers can use it as a 2nd
Weapon there in no average damage
Number, Orb of Might has it,
Almost the same thing.
When a Falcon's Strike breaks the body
of its prey, it is because of timing.
Sun Tzu
Art of War 500 B.C.

D&D, been playing 35 years
GenCon, been going 23 years Straight
True Dungeon, been playing 16 years Straight and all 4 events last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #224

The Falcon wrote: Monks and Rangers can use it as a 2nd
Weapon there in no average damage
Number, Orb of Might has it,
Almost the same thing.

Brawlers Horn,

Also thanks for everything,
Your app really helps out a lot.
When a Falcon's Strike breaks the body
of its prey, it is because of timing.
Sun Tzu
Art of War 500 B.C.

D&D, been playing 35 years
GenCon, been going 23 years Straight
True Dungeon, been playing 16 years Straight and all 4 events last year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #225

Cranston wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote: So trying to email a character, I can click on the word email but then it brings up a window saying no email has been set up. I have emailed a character once before so I’m not sure what has happened. How do I set up an email?


I have what may be a related problem. When I hit "email", the app simply seems to do nothing. This is on a Google Pixel running Android 8.1. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, and get the same behaviour.

Remember that you need to highlight the character you want to email, before tapping the Email button. So tap the character to send, and then tap Email.


I not only have to select the character, but also appear to have to hit "edit" before the "email" option shows up. Then, when I click "email", nothing appears to happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #226

Fiddy wrote:

Cranston wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote: So trying to email a character, I can click on the word email but then it brings up a window saying no email has been set up. I have emailed a character once before so I’m not sure what has happened. How do I set up an email?


I have what may be a related problem. When I hit "email", the app simply seems to do nothing. This is on a Google Pixel running Android 8.1. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the app, and get the same behaviour.

Remember that you need to highlight the character you want to email, before tapping the Email button. So tap the character to send, and then tap Email.


I not only have to select the character, but also appear to have to hit "edit" before the "email" option shows up. Then, when I click "email", nothing appears to happen.

Have I mentioned recently how much I hate Android?

The methods for attaching files to emails has changed, with the previous method deprecated. No obvious notice, just it fails for permission problems. It will take some work to figure out how to do this correctly under the new limitations.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 4 months ago #227

Android version 5.4 is available for update.

It should correct the email problems. Google changed the file transfer permission structure in either 7.1 or 7.2 without providing notice. Both the Import and Email export functions were broken. I did test on a 7.1 tablet and Pixel with 8.1, and both worked correctly. Gmail is standard, so that was the email package I tested with.

You will be asked for permission for file access, the first time you use the Email and again for the first use of Import.

Thanks for the heads up, and please let me know if you have any additional email problems.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 3 months ago #228

So I just got an iPhone X and when I calculate that screen doesn’t scroll so I can’t see the last row spell stats. Page.2 scrolls however. Also I have 2 email programs and the app still gives me the same error message when I want to email it “No mail accounts set up”
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.270 seconds