Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Dungeon Character Generators (App)

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #133

How does one go about marking they are getting a +1 level from Smakdown's artifact?
GM and Producer of Tales From Mauxferry an actual play Blades in the Dark podcast.

Co-founder of RollPlus Con a yearly gaming getaway somewhere in southern Indiana. Many call it a D&D B&B~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #134

Joshua Long wrote: How does one go about marking they are getting a +1 level from Smakdown's artifact?

You will need to set a Charm slot to Smakdown's Charm of Comraderie
There is no good way to handle that, given the framework. I could upgrade the levels in the Party Card, if someone has that equipped, but you could not edit the character correctly, as the character would be 4th level during edit. Artifacts are just too varied and too few to cover all the features. (sorry Smak)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #135

For those using the Android version, I recommend NOT using the Clone feature. A bug crept into the code, and it does not work properly. If you need to copy a character, you may want to email it to yourself and import it from there. That should still be working.

I apologize for the problem and will get it fixed on the next revision. I expect to get the next revision out before the end of November.

Thanks
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #136

Cranston wrote:

Joshua Long wrote: How does one go about marking they are getting a +1 level from Smakdown's artifact?

You will need to set a Charm slot to Smakdown's Charm of Comraderie
There is no good way to handle that, given the framework. I could upgrade the levels in the Party Card, if someone has that equipped, but you could not edit the character correctly, as the character would be 4th level during edit. Artifacts are just too varied and too few to cover all the features. (sorry Smak)


Perhaps put it as a special since you already have to add 6th level bonus?
GM and Producer of Tales From Mauxferry an actual play Blades in the Dark podcast.

Co-founder of RollPlus Con a yearly gaming getaway somewhere in southern Indiana. Many call it a D&D B&B~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #137

Joshua Long wrote:

Cranston wrote:

Joshua Long wrote: How does one go about marking they are getting a +1 level from Smakdown's artifact?

You will need to set a Charm slot to Smakdown's Charm of Comraderie
There is no good way to handle that, given the framework. I could upgrade the levels in the Party Card, if someone has that equipped, but you could not edit the character correctly, as the character would be 4th level during edit. Artifacts are just too varied and too few to cover all the features. (sorry Smak)


Perhaps put it as a special since you already have to add 6th level bonus?

The Charm needs to stay in the Charm slot, but adding an entry under Special for Smak's Party might be worth considering. No promises.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #138

Cranston wrote:

Joshua Long wrote:

Cranston wrote:

Joshua Long wrote: How does one go about marking they are getting a +1 level from Smakdown's artifact?

You will need to set a Charm slot to Smakdown's Charm of Comraderie
There is no good way to handle that, given the framework. I could upgrade the levels in the Party Card, if someone has that equipped, but you could not edit the character correctly, as the character would be 4th level during edit. Artifacts are just too varied and too few to cover all the features. (sorry Smak)


Perhaps put it as a special since you already have to add 6th level bonus?

The Charm needs to stay in the Charm slot, but adding an entry under Special for Smak's Party might be worth considering. No promises.


Exactly, a "Smak's Party Member" special. I wont hold my breath though~ ;)
GM and Producer of Tales From Mauxferry an actual play Blades in the Dark podcast.

Co-founder of RollPlus Con a yearly gaming getaway somewhere in southern Indiana. Many call it a D&D B&B~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #139

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Away
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1537
I usually just put down I have a charm of heroism and manually change my HP if I had to bump out a HP charm, even a charm of synergy since HP doesn't affect party card you are generally better off going this route.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #140

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7845

James J Krot wrote: I usually just put down I have a charm of heroism and manually change my HP if I had to bump out a HP charm, even a charm of synergy since HP doesn't affect party card you are generally better off going this route.


The Charm of Awakened Synergy will make that strategy a little less viable. But you could track initiative bonus manually as well
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #141

Harlax wrote:

James J Krot wrote: I usually just put down I have a charm of heroism and manually change my HP if I had to bump out a HP charm, even a charm of synergy since HP doesn't affect party card you are generally better off going this route.


The Charm of Awakened Synergy will make that strategy a little less viable. But you could track initiative bonus manually as well


Rod of 7 parts VOUCHER?

I dont think any of the rod classes have changes to the party card, just different special abilities on character card. So you could put the voucher in a 'special' slot to get 5th level, and if asked explain that it is for smaks charm +1 level, not an actual voucher.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #142

kurtreznor wrote:

Harlax wrote:

James J Krot wrote: I usually just put down I have a charm of heroism and manually change my HP if I had to bump out a HP charm, even a charm of synergy since HP doesn't affect party card you are generally better off going this route.


The Charm of Awakened Synergy will make that strategy a little less viable. But you could track initiative bonus manually as well


Rod of 7 parts VOUCHER?

I dont think any of the rod classes have changes to the party card, just different special abilities on character card. So you could put the voucher in a 'special' slot to get 5th level, and if asked explain that it is for smaks charm +1 level, not an actual voucher.


Some classes have different CHA and so can change their ability to equip figurines - so no cheating if you do that...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #143

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7845
RoSP does not add to CHA
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 10 months ago #144

Harlax wrote: RoSP does not add to CHA


Behold!

Before RoSP voucher (which is what we were discussing):

truedungeon.com/images/stories/5thLevelCharacter/5thwizard2016.jpg

Cha = 11

After RoSP voucher:

truedungeon.com/images/stories/rodsCard/Subwizard2016.jpg

Cha = 19

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds