Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Dungeon Character Generators (App)

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 3 years 6 hours ago #121

Since only half the classes use wands, maybe just up the number of "special" slots to 35(?) and put wands there? Then people can add a dozen if they want. Or not.

Bluetooth = awesome sauce
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brad Mortensen.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 3 years 2 hours ago #122

Tom,

Would it be possible to either flip the rarity filter the opposite direction so we can look at just commons, uncommons, and rares? Or better still pick just the rarities we want like rare and ultra rare?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #123

Brad Mortensen wrote: Since only half the classes use wands, maybe just up the number of "special" slots to 35(?) and put wands there? Then people can add a dozen if they want. Or not.

Present plan is to provide 5 slots for wands for 2018 and later without charges. Wands from earlier years, with charges, would be listed in the Special slots. I will have to provide the proper wording on the slot name, but it could help to differentiate the two types.

I also plan to shift the Runestone slots before the Special slots, so you don't have to scroll through 30 slots to get to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #124

Cranston wrote:

Brad Mortensen wrote: Since only half the classes use wands, maybe just up the number of "special" slots to 35(?) and put wands there? Then people can add a dozen if they want. Or not.

Present plan is to provide 5 slots for wands for 2018 and later without charges. Wands from earlier years, with charges, would be listed in the Special slots. I will have to provide the proper wording on the slot name, but it could help to differentiate the two types.

I also plan to shift the Runestone slots before the Special slots, so you don't have to scroll through 30 slots to get to them.


Still hoping beyond hope that we get a reversal on the old wands so that all wands are created equal (chargeless). Fingers crossed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #125

Good news!

I have the Bluetooth communication working for IOS devices. From the main screen on one device, tap Transmit and it brings up a view with a Start Listening button. On the other device, highlight a character and tap Transmit. It brings up a view with a Transmit Character button. Tap that and the character build transfers in about 2-3 seconds. The device receiving the character then has a choice to save the character or not, in case the wrong character is received. I am a little concerned in the coaching area if several people are transferring at the same time, the wrong character could be received. We will have to check it out.

I have sample code for Android, but have not started working on it yet.

One minor issue for IOS is devices made at or before the original iPad 2, introduced in 2011. The Bluetooth chip does not support LE mode, and will not work. Android will have a similar problem with some devices that do not support Bluetooth LE mode. More investigation is needed there.

But local transmission from one device to another without using Wifi is possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #126

Cranston wrote: Good news!

I have the Bluetooth communication working for IOS devices. From the main screen on one device, tap Transmit and it brings up a view with a Start Listening button. On the other device, highlight a character and tap Transmit. It brings up a view with a Transmit Character button. Tap that and the character build transfers in about 2-3 seconds. The device receiving the character then has a choice to save the character or not, in case the wrong character is received. I am a little concerned in the coaching area if several people are transferring at the same time, the wrong character could be received. We will have to check it out.

I have sample code for Android, but have not started working on it yet.

One minor issue for IOS is devices made at or before the original iPad 2, introduced in 2011. The Bluetooth chip does not support LE mode, and will not work. Android will have a similar problem with some devices that do not support Bluetooth LE mode. More investigation is needed there.

But local transmission from one device to another without using Wifi is possible.


^^^^THIS is a game changer! One device for the whole party without having to manually build each one is a win. But I'm wondering if there is a way to have party tabs so these new characters don't get lumped-in with my regular builds?

Thanks again for all your efforts on this!
Get your Character Class T-Shirts HERE! https://www.redbubble.com/people/snakeeyes0217/collections/723278-dungeon-adventure-wear

Get $10 off your first order from Trent Tokens with this code! http://i.refs.cc/RsPEAVgF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #127

Cool!

Thanks, Cranston : )
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #128

Joshua Baessler wrote: Tom,

Would it be possible to either flip the rarity filter the opposite direction so we can look at just commons, uncommons, and rares? Or better still pick just the rarities we want like rare and ultra rare?


Oh, could rarity selection be like tokendb? Toggle each rarity to show or not?
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #129

I noticed that when the Dragonscale Set is equipped, the app is adding +13 fire resistance. TokenDB is advising that the set bonus supersedes the individual bonuses of the items themselves.

http://tokendb.com/token/dragonscale-armor/
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob Chasan
My Elemental build
My trade list

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Arnold.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #130

Good catch. I will get it corrected.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #131

Hi. I need to get some input on a the Bluetooth feature to transfer characters. I have the IOS version up and running. I am working on Android and some issues have come to light. First is that there is no way to get an Android device to Bluetooth connect to an Apple device, using the Low Energy (file transfer) protocol. I won't bore you with the details, but it's not going to work.

I have code up and kind of working on the Android side, but it requires Bluetooth 4.0 or later hardware and Android OS 5.0 or later, and by all accounts is not robust at all.

Ok, my dilemma is that I will need to spend money to get this working on Android and be able to test it out. Once working, it will work for a limited set of Android users, and will likely take a couple transfer attempts each time you want to send a character.

I need to get an idea of how many Android users are out there that have hardware built after 2015, have Android OS version 5.0 or later, and have friends with similar equipment?

Please comments welcome.
Thanks!
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 2 years 11 months ago #132

Tom- I'm running a Pixel, so hardware and software are up-to-date. I am the only person in my group that uses the app, but I keep builds tracked for the 3 of us.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob Chasan
My Elemental build
My trade list

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds