Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: True Dungeon Character Generators (App)

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1129

On the blunder weapons, does it recognize ammo or is it not necessary?
Jamie
AureliusBP

Ranger for Epic
tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/b4b81c8d-c52e-4ffa-b291-a2eba22a6a8c

Ranger QUick and Dead
tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/9f97836c-9066-455b-904a-eea17eadbbb9

CHECK OUT THE TOKENS FOR SALE
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=252721#397741

Ioun Stone Nuggets AVAILABLE

Am on Discord as AureliusBP if you want realtime chat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1130

  • NightGod
  • NightGod's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • It's only push damage...how bad could it be?!
  • Posts: 1009
For wizards, it would be very helpful if the schools were in alphabetical order. The rest of the party is already waiting on us to click through, the few extra seconds it takes to find it in a random list feels like an eternity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1131

Just realized why I occasionally am not getting credit for skill check bonus. Whenever it asks for Mixology, and I pick Mixology, the app tells me it was supposed to Abjuration. The two don't even closely resemble each other. It's done this at least 3 times.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1132

on Android - Basic and Very Basic Greaves are not on the Shin list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1133

A question for casters, who cast multiple spells in one round. We are referring to this as Spell Sequencing. The plan for the apps for March is as follows:

1. Cast No Mark will move to be a toggle button that shows up on the casting view, assuming it is available for the token build and spell being cast.

2. The present 'No Mark' button will change to 'Sequence'.

3. Assume I am planning to use the Arch Mage Power 'Quicken' for a Magic Missile and perform 'Fireball' with Mad Evoker for the main spell, with 15 spell bonus. You MUST do the Quickened spell first. When Quickened, the 'Sequence' button becomes enabled. Tapping Sequence, will leave the view as normal, and will list 'Pending Damage' on the main view as 26 (11 +15). Nothing sent to the Dice Roller as yet. Now you cast a Fireball with Mad Evoker. 20 points is added to the Pending Damage for a total of 46, which is sent to the Dice Roller, and listed on the main view as 'Total Damage', along with listing the 'Pool' as 35.

4. Now we are casting a Quickened Magic Missile, with a Ring of Spell Storing Fireball with Mad Evoker, and a main spell of Fireball with Conserve. So like above, cast the Magic Missile, set Quicken, tap Sequence and Pending Damage of 26 is reported. Now Cast the Fireball, set Mad Evoker, and again hit 'Sequence'. Now the Pending Damage is 46, and Pending Pool is listing 35. Now cast Fireball again, and tap Cast, which indicates the end of the sequence. Total Damage is 66 and sent to the Dice Roller (subject to DR). You also have a pool of 50 to assign with discussion with the DM.

In each case, to start or continue sequencing spells for 1 round, you will tap 'Sequence'. The spell sequence always has to end with a 'Cast' or 'Cast as Scroll'. Using either of those buttons will end the sequence and send the data to the Dice Roller.

One downside of this is if you do a Scorching Ray, the To Hit numbers will not show up in the Dice Roller, if it is part of a Spell Sequence.

Hopefully, this makes sense. If that works for most people, that is how I will code it up for March.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1134

Dave wrote: Just realized why I occasionally am not getting credit for skill check bonus. Whenever it asks for Mixology, and I pick Mixology, the app tells me it was supposed to Abjuration. The two don't even closely resemble each other. It's done this at least 3 times.


This continues to be an issue. The Mixology test seems to come up more than other tests and I've seen it say the answer is Mixology, Conjuration and Abjuration so far. I've never seen the actual Conjuration or Abjuration image display. It appears as if the Mixology image is tied to multiple answers.

As for your proposal, I'll probably have to think about it when I'm not in a run before replying.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dave.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1135

Dave wrote:

Dave wrote: Just realized why I occasionally am not getting credit for skill check bonus. Whenever it asks for Mixology, and I pick Mixology, the app tells me it was supposed to Abjuration. The two don't even closely resemble each other. It's done this at least 3 times.


This continues to be an issue. The Mixology test seems to come up more than other tests and I've seen it say the answer is Mixology, Conjuration and Abjuration so far. I've never seen the actual Conjuration or Abjuration image display. It appears as if the Mixology image is tied to multiple answers.

As for your proposal, I'll probably have to think about it when I'm not in a run before replying.


I had Conjuration on Friday and it worked as it should.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by David Harris.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1136

Cranston wrote: A question for casters, who cast multiple spells in one round. We are referring to this as Spell Sequencing. The plan for the apps for March is as follows:

1. Cast No Mark will move to be a toggle button that shows up on the casting view, assuming it is available for the token build and spell being cast.

2. The present 'No Mark' button will change to 'Sequence'.

3. Assume I am planning to use the Arch Mage Power 'Quicken' for a Magic Missile and perform 'Fireball' with Mad Evoker for the main spell, with 15 spell bonus. You MUST do the Quickened spell first. When Quickened, the 'Sequence' button becomes enabled. Tapping Sequence, will leave the view as normal, and will list 'Pending Damage' on the main view as 26 (11 +15). Nothing sent to the Dice Roller as yet. Now you cast a Fireball with Mad Evoker. 20 points is added to the Pending Damage for a total of 46, which is sent to the Dice Roller, and listed on the main view as 'Total Damage', along with listing the 'Pool' as 35.

4. Now we are casting a Quickened Magic Missile, with a Ring of Spell Storing Fireball with Mad Evoker, and a main spell of Fireball with Conserve. So like above, cast the Magic Missile, set Quicken, tap Sequence and Pending Damage of 26 is reported. Now Cast the Fireball, set Mad Evoker, and again hit 'Sequence'. Now the Pending Damage is 46, and Pending Pool is listing 35. Now cast Fireball again, and tap Cast, which indicates the end of the sequence. Total Damage is 66 and sent to the Dice Roller (subject to DR). You also have a pool of 50 to assign with discussion with the DM.

In each case, to start or continue sequencing spells for 1 round, you will tap 'Sequence'. The spell sequence always has to end with a 'Cast' or 'Cast as Scroll'. Using either of those buttons will end the sequence and send the data to the Dice Roller.

One downside of this is if you do a Scorching Ray, the To Hit numbers will not show up in the Dice Roller, if it is part of a Spell Sequence.

Hopefully, this makes sense. If that works for most people, that is how I will code it up for March.


Sounds good, but I don't usually run the Mage Medallion, to much math for my feeble brain. Instead I like the Mystic Mouth....any possibility we can get some Wand love in the sequence house? If a bridge too far no worries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by David Harris.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1137

Both wizards in our party's run yesterday had an issue where not all our to-hit bonuses added to our spells that required slides, meaning we missed all our slide spells.

Scorching Ray and Acid Ray both require hitting a DC of 15. My spell attack bonus started at +3, and Bardsong changed that to a +7, but Prayer (+2) and the manual Boost of +4 to hit from activating my Figurine of the Bat did not add.

I played with the app a bunch last night, as did my husband, who runs cleric, and we consistently had nothing besides the base+bardsong apply to slide spells. We didn't have other class builds to play around with last night, so we only have the info from elf/wizard/cleric.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1138

No idea what casting view looks like or what you are referring too. But sounds like it will take me longer to do a turn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1139

Rachel Stemm wrote: Both wizards in our party's run yesterday had an issue where not all our to-hit bonuses added to our spells that required slides, meaning we missed all our slide spells.

Scorching Ray and Acid Ray both require hitting a DC of 15. My spell attack bonus started at +3, and Bardsong changed that to a +7, but Prayer (+2) and the manual Boost of +4 to hit from activating my Figurine of the Bat did not add.

I played with the app a bunch last night, as did my husband, who runs cleric, and we consistently had nothing besides the base+bardsong apply to slide spells. We didn't have other class builds to play around with last night, so we only have the info from elf/wizard/cleric.

\

I was thinking this was the case too as one time when prayer was up my roll was lower than possible based on all the bonus and wasn't a 1, I still hit but I wondered why my roll was lower than my + to hit. Thought also it could be an adjustment in the software for the fight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

True Dungeon Character Generators (App) 5 months 3 weeks ago #1140

I do want to say thank you very much to Cranston! While there were still some bugs this weekend, the app has come along way in a short time and I think it is a big success overall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds