Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TD Artifact Rule Questions

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #13

I agree that the current artifacts are special and power creep is making artifacts slowly die.

That being said as a new player it SUCKS to know there is a level of token in the game I will NEVER have access to because I wasn't hugely invested in the game early enough.

1 Artifact a year coming out would be cool IMO, I'm sure people will disagree.

The artifacts could be constrained more to effects not likely to be power creeped away.

What if a relic came out that instead of 2 classes it combined with the ROSP to allow a sub class each run.

It could be done and it would give non-legacy players a chance to have some awesome unique tokens just like the legacy players at some point, even a 0.001% chance is better than 0%

Just my opinion tho.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #14

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: That being said as a new player it SUCKS to know there is a level of token in the game I will NEVER have access to because I wasn't hugely invested in the game early enough.


But unless you are already buying enough (or plan to) to be at the Legendary level it shouldn't really matter if the Artifact level is unattainable.

Similarly, you are never going to have full XP unless you are one of three people.

There have also been unique GT effects in the past, which no one else is going to be able to get (Deck of Many Things, Easter Egg thingies from the Chaos Beast, Cogwind's Amulets).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #15

Artifacts break the rules. Your questions need to be addressed to Jeff.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #16

Druegar wrote: Artifacts break the rules. Your questions need to be addressed to Jeff.


I figured as much.

I know that in the past I have asked some ruling questions about artifacts (both on the forum and through e-mail) and sometimes I only get partial, incomplete answers.

Yes, some of them (like the Caitlyn Charm) questions are cornercase, but others are more common scenarios.

The question about handling the side effect of Smak's Charm can happen every single combat. Kubu's side effect can happen often as well.

Unless DM's are expected to radio Jeff every time they see one of these artifacts (which can easily suck up 5-10 minutes of time) or are given some latitude as to how to interpret the effects (which may endanger consistency), it would be helpful to have some official rulings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #17

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I agree that the current artifacts are special and power creep is making artifacts slowly die.

That being said as a new player it SUCKS to know there is a level of token in the game I will NEVER have access to because I wasn't hugely invested in the game early enough.

1 Artifact a year coming out would be cool IMO, I'm sure people will disagree.

The artifacts could be constrained more to effects not likely to be power creeped away.

What if a relic came out that instead of 2 classes it combined with the ROSP to allow a sub class each run.

It could be done and it would give non-legacy players a chance to have some awesome unique tokens just like the legacy players at some point, even a 0.001% chance is better than 0%

Just my opinion tho.


The auction for the last Arcane Recipe pulled in a staggering amount of GP.
Tinker, Gnome, Wizard, DIE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #18

Incognito wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: That being said as a new player it SUCKS to know there is a level of token in the game I will NEVER have access to because I wasn't hugely invested in the game early enough.


But unless you are already buying enough (or plan to) to be at the Legendary level it shouldn't really matter if the Artifact level is unattainable.

Similarly, you are never going to have full XP unless you are one of three people.

There have also been unique GT effects in the past, which no one else is going to be able to get (Deck of Many Things, Easter Egg thingies from the Chaos Beast, Cogwind's Amulets).


OK, but on that note if I plan to buy enough to be at the Legendary level, which considering I crafted an ROSP this year without any previous materials it seems like I am, then it's ok to have it matter to me?

XP does not offer a completely unique set of in game abilities like Artifacts do so that's irrelevant to the issue.

Golden Ticket runs still happen so, while I can not get the previous year effects, I can still get into new Golden Ticket runs and get new Golden Ticket effects.

Artifacts are a uniquely limited item that forms a permanent haves/have nots barrier between people who started this game before the auctions and those who started after.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #19

EN 429 wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I agree that the current artifacts are special and power creep is making artifacts slowly die.

That being said as a new player it SUCKS to know there is a level of token in the game I will NEVER have access to because I wasn't hugely invested in the game early enough.

1 Artifact a year coming out would be cool IMO, I'm sure people will disagree.

The artifacts could be constrained more to effects not likely to be power creeped away.

What if a relic came out that instead of 2 classes it combined with the ROSP to allow a sub class each run.

It could be done and it would give non-legacy players a chance to have some awesome unique tokens just like the legacy players at some point, even a 0.001% chance is better than 0%

Just my opinion tho.


The auction for the last Arcane Recipe pulled in a staggering amount of GP.


Charity auction for real money. Once a year.

I really don't see how allowing 1 new artifact per year does anything negative to the current set of artifacts.

Even a 0.0001% chance of getting an Artifact of my own gives me a much more positive view of Artifacts than the current 0% chance of ever having one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #20

EN 429 wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I agree that the current artifacts are special and power creep is making artifacts slowly die.

That being said as a new player it SUCKS to know there is a level of token in the game I will NEVER have access to because I wasn't hugely invested in the game early enough.

1 Artifact a year coming out would be cool IMO, I'm sure people will disagree.

The artifacts could be constrained more to effects not likely to be power creeped away.

What if a relic came out that instead of 2 classes it combined with the ROSP to allow a sub class each run.

It could be done and it would give non-legacy players a chance to have some awesome unique tokens just like the legacy players at some point, even a 0.001% chance is better than 0%

Just my opinion tho.


The auction for the last Arcane Recipe pulled in a staggering amount of GP.

4 arcane recipies and almost 1.7 million in gold
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by lazlo_hollyfeld1985.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #21

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: OK, but on that note if I plan to buy enough to be at the Legendary level, which considering I crafted an ROSP this year without any previous materials it seems like I am, then it's ok to have it matter to me?


This is my personal opinion, but I see it as the difference between an existing harm and a potential harm. Or a realistic problem and a theoretical problem.

It can matter to you in both situations, but I think it is a more pressing (and more relevant) issue if you are at a Legendary level than if you are at the Uncommon level.

Artifacts are a uniquely limited item that forms a permanent haves/have nots barrier between people who started this game before the auctions and those who started after.


Well except that power creep and Legendaries are already obsoleting Artifacts.

And over time Artifacts will decrease in number.

This year we already had the very sad and unfortunate passing of JimC, which took one Artifact out of circulation.

AFAIK, Gary hasn't played in years so his artifact is essentially out of circulation.

David Terry has always been under the radar, so I don't know if he's still playing. Looking at the XP listings, it look slike Widseth doesn't have any 2013 XP and Scott Blair doesn't have 2013 or 2014 XP, though it could just be that they haven't updated it yet.

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: That being said as a new player it SUCKS to know there is a level of token in the game I will NEVER have access to because I wasn't hugely invested in the game early enough.


I understand that. But bear in mind that there are plenty of players who think that it SUCKS to know that there is a level of token in the game they will NEVER have access to because they don't have the financial resources. (And I'm talking about Relic/Legendary level, not Artifact).

It could be done and it would give non-legacy players a chance to have some awesome unique tokens just like the legacy players at some point, even a 0.001% chance is better than 0%


Hey, you could always win the lottery (or the equivalent), buy TD from Jeff for $1 billion and make whatever artifacts you want! B)

I am going out on a limb here, but I would guess that if someone REALLY wanted an artifact and was willing to shell out SERIOUS cash for it, they probably could get one. I mean if you are willing to drop $1 - $10 million for a single token, I would guess that you probably could get it. But this is all theoretical.

Even a 0.0001% chance of getting an Artifact of my own gives me a much more positive view of Artifacts than the current 0% chance of ever having one.


Never say never? :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Incognito.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #22

I can't afford token X is not the same as it's impossible for me to get token X.

I understand your point but it's not equivalent.

I don't expect Jeff to ever bring Artifacts back but it doesn't stop their existence from being a barrier that I can never overcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #23

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I can't afford token X is not the same as it's impossible for me to get token X.

I understand your point but it's not equivalent.

I don't expect Jeff to ever bring Artifacts back but it doesn't stop their existence from being a barrier that I can never overcome.

so you are saying it isnt fair..that you were not playing True dungeon in 2010

is that TDs fault?

playing Devils advocate here
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: TD Artifact Rule Questions 5 years 3 weeks ago #24

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: I can't afford token X is not the same as it's impossible for me to get token X.

I understand your point but it's not equivalent.

I don't expect Jeff to ever bring Artifacts back but it doesn't stop their existence from being a barrier that I can never overcome.

so you are saying it isnt fair..that you were not playing True dungeon in 2010

is that TDs fault?

playing Devils advocate here


I'm not saying it isn't fair. I am saying it creates a position in which there is a barrier it is impossible for me to overcome due to those tokens being created. It doesn't matter how long I play, how much I trade, how much I buy or what I do to support True Dungeon; because I was not here in 2010 those tokens are something I have no chance of making.

That's all I am saying. It sucks to see a level of token that some people have that I can never have.

There are no other tokens in the game that are off limits to me given enough time, money and trading. These are a wall I can not surpass.

And, as a player, that sucks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds