Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How much is your build worth?

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #13

I would prefer not to think about it. I'd also prefer to avoid my husband reading the number. Good thing he's not on the forums much. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #14

BeLinda Mathie wrote: I would prefer not to think about it. I'd also prefer to avoid my husband reading the number. Good thing he's not on the forums much. ;)


Yea, in the same boat here. My wife dies not play TD but she does wonder what all the fuss is about when I have my tokens out...she would flip if I told her the value of some of them, especially the CoA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #15

Lord MindFlayer wrote: So I am at work and got bored so decided to see how much my build is worth and after looking online and taking the average price of each token and found out that my Paladin build is worth a little over $2000 and if your comfortable with saying your build price let me know this got me curious


just a question for this.... is this just a personal build or does this include stuff like extra CoA and CoAS for the party?
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20+ runs at GC 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #16

Harlax wrote: It's worth fun with friends, some good stories to tell, and a much needed break from reality.

dont get me wrong I am in the same boat I love playing TD ever since I played the first Pax south demo and gotten at least 2 of my friends hooked number 3 might be coming in January with his first run

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #17

smakdown wrote:

Lord MindFlayer wrote: So I am at work and got bored so decided to see how much my build is worth and after looking online and taking the average price of each token and found out that my Paladin build is worth a little over $2000 and if your comfortable with saying your build price let me know this got me curious


just a question for this.... is this just a personal build or does this include stuff like extra CoA and CoAS for the party?

personal build, I dont have CoA, or a CoAS :( only started playing when TD first came to Pax South with there demo but if you have one you can added the price if your comfortable with it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Lord MindFlayer.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #18

Harlax wrote: It's worth fun with friends, some good stories to tell, and a much needed break from reality.


+1
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20+ runs at GC 2017.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #19

Dave Autzen wrote:

BeLinda Mathie wrote: I would prefer not to think about it. I'd also prefer to avoid my husband reading the number. Good thing he's not on the forums much. ;)


Yea, in the same boat here. My wife dies not play TD but she does wonder what all the fuss is about when I have my tokens out...she would flip if I told her the value of some of them, especially the CoA.


LOL. My husband plays (rogue). He knows we have some fancy tokens, but has carefully avoided asking questions when nice stuff shows up in his build. (In my defense, he started it! He played 1 year before I first did. Shortly after his first runs, he bought our first UR--Nightshade's +2 Short Sword. At the time, I thought he was nuts for paying more than $100 for a glorified poker chip. I've since come around. :laugh: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #20

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1546

BeLinda Mathie wrote:

Dave Autzen wrote:

BeLinda Mathie wrote: I would prefer not to think about it. I'd also prefer to avoid my husband reading the number. Good thing he's not on the forums much. ;)


Yea, in the same boat here. My wife dies not play TD but she does wonder what all the fuss is about when I have my tokens out...she would flip if I told her the value of some of them, especially the CoA.


LOL. My husband plays (rogue). He knows we have some fancy tokens, but has carefully avoided asking questions when nice stuff shows up in his build. (In my defense, he started it! He played 1 year before I first did. Shortly after his first runs, he bought our first UR--Nightshade's +2 Short Sword. At the time, I thought he was nuts for paying more than $100 for a glorified poker chip. I've since come around. :laugh: )


Good good welcome to the dark side.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #21

smakdown wrote:

Lord MindFlayer wrote: So I am at work and got bored so decided to see how much my build is worth and after looking online and taking the average price of each token and found out that my Paladin build is worth a little over $2000 and if your comfortable with saying your build price let me know this got me curious


just a question for this.... is this just a personal build or does this include stuff like extra CoA and CoAS for the party?


For me, my personal build is the complete token sets for 10 character classes (one of which doubles as either Barbarian or Wizard). Plus a scaled down Monk token set since we had to run with 11 people recently. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mike Steele.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #22

At any given time, I try to keep in mind that there's at least 5 different values to my collection:
  • What it would cost me to replace them in case of loss from theft or fire (somewhere in the range of a nice down payment on a house)
  • What they might fetch if I sold them slowly at the right times (maybe 80% of replacement cost)
  • What they'd fetch if I needed to sell them quickly[ (maybe 60% of replacement cost)
  • What they're intrinsically worth (Pennies? Maybe a few dollars?
  • What fun I get from using them (incalculable)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #23

Maybe 3k to 6k?? Depending on class I play. No legendary or artifacts but lots of urs.

Priceless though going to conventions and playing though .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How much is your build worth? 8 months 3 weeks ago #24

Fiddy wrote: At any given time, I try to keep in mind that there's at least 5 different values to my collection:

  • What it would cost me to replace them in case of loss from theft or fire (somewhere in the range of a nice down payment on a house)
  • What they might fetch if I sold them slowly at the right times (maybe 80% of replacement cost)
  • What they'd fetch if I needed to sell them quickly[ (maybe 60% of replacement cost)
  • What they're intrinsically worth (Pennies? Maybe a few dollars?
  • What fun I get from using them (incalculable)


+1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds