Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #13

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

smakdown wrote: i'm hoping for gencon, but not at a health risk. if it is a go, i'll be there. if it isn't, I would hope for a cancellation and not a postponement. I hate to think we got this horrible virus beat and we grow lax just to spike the effects again.

please everyone, take care of yourselves and we will get through this.


This is incredibly insightful.

We should definitely take an opportunity to assess our previous practices and determine if they should or should not resume.

Handshakes maybe should be a thing of the past, as an example.


Fist-bumps are cooler anyway!
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #14

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

smakdown wrote: i'm hoping for gencon, but not at a health risk. if it is a go, i'll be there. if it isn't, I would hope for a cancellation and not a postponement. I hate to think we got this horrible virus beat and we grow lax just to spike the effects again.

please everyone, take care of yourselves and we will get through this.


This is incredibly insightful.

We should definitely take an opportunity to assess our previous practices and determine if they should or should not resume.

Handshakes maybe should be a thing of the past, as an example.


I'm all for it not being held in July/August if it's determined that is a health risk. I'm OK with attempting a postponement like Origins did if they think it might be safe, and logistically possible, to hold it at a later date. I know they were considering holding an additional GENCON in Indy as one of several possible expansion options for GENCON. Maybe this could be an opportunity to see if a winter GENCON is viable in Indy. :)
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #15

BasicBraining wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

smakdown wrote: i'm hoping for gencon, but not at a health risk. if it is a go, i'll be there. if it isn't, I would hope for a cancellation and not a postponement. I hate to think we got this horrible virus beat and we grow lax just to spike the effects again.

please everyone, take care of yourselves and we will get through this.


This is incredibly insightful.

We should definitely take an opportunity to assess our previous practices and determine if they should or should not resume.

Handshakes maybe should be a thing of the past, as an example.


Fist-bumps are cooler anyway!


I'm all for Vulcan Live Long and Prosper greetings - no contact at all with those. :)
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #16

I like the hand held up wavey thing from the future part of the stalone film "demolition man".
Founder of Tokenholics Anonymous.
TD Patron since 2005.
Completed 20 runs at GC 2017.
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #17

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1938

BasicBraining wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

smakdown wrote: i'm hoping for gencon, but not at a health risk. if it is a go, i'll be there. if it isn't, I would hope for a cancellation and not a postponement. I hate to think we got this horrible virus beat and we grow lax just to spike the effects again.

please everyone, take care of yourselves and we will get through this.


This is incredibly insightful.

We should definitely take an opportunity to assess our previous practices and determine if they should or should not resume.

Handshakes maybe should be a thing of the past, as an example.


Fist-bumps are cooler anyway!


They so are not. You might as well high five someone that's how outdated they are now. And not because of COVID-19.

I've always been a fan of the forearm bump. A little pain involved which just shows your manliness.

But I do like the idea of the Vulcan thing or just a: "May the Force be with you."
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #18

Clearly, the Wakandan salute is the best option. Or maybe we make shadow puppet ducks and quack at each other.

If Gencon is straight canceled I wonder how the will effect the TD season. Just run the modules planned for this year in 2021 and make Gencon the end of the season instead of the beginning?
Last edit: by Brokkr.
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #19

Brokkr wrote: Clearly, the Wakandan salute is the best option. Or maybe we make shadow puppet ducks and quack at each other.

If Gencon is straight canceled I wonder how the will effect the TD season. Just run the modules planned for this year in 2021 and make Gencon the end of the season instead of the beginning?


Origins and GHC are still possible. S1 and 2 at Origins and S2 and 3 at GHC.

And Pax West might still be possible. And Pax South in January. Lots of possibilities. Who can say at this point.

I wonder if there are possibilities for virtual TD? Seems far fetched, but again, who knows.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #20

Harlax wrote:

Brokkr wrote: Clearly, the Wakandan salute is the best option. Or maybe we make shadow puppet ducks and quack at each other.

If Gencon is straight canceled I wonder how the will effect the TD season. Just run the modules planned for this year in 2021 and make Gencon the end of the season instead of the beginning?


Origins and GHC are still possible. S1 and 2 at Origins and S2 and 3 at GHC.

And Pax West might still be possible. And Pax South in January. Lots of possibilities. Who can say at this point.

I wonder if there are possibilities for virtual TD? Seems far fetched, but again, who knows.


I've got hotel rooms at Origins in October just in case GENCON is cancelled and Origins actually happens in October, and has True Dungeon.
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #21

Ro-gan wrote:

BasicBraining wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

smakdown wrote: i'm hoping for gencon, but not at a health risk. if it is a go, i'll be there. if it isn't, I would hope for a cancellation and not a postponement. I hate to think we got this horrible virus beat and we grow lax just to spike the effects again.

please everyone, take care of yourselves and we will get through this.


This is incredibly insightful.

We should definitely take an opportunity to assess our previous practices and determine if they should or should not resume.

Handshakes maybe should be a thing of the past, as an example.


Fist-bumps are cooler anyway!


They so are not. You might as well high five someone that's how outdated they are now. And not because of COVID-19.

I've always been a fan of the forearm bump. A little pain involved which just shows your manliness.

But I do like the idea of the Vulcan thing or just a: "May the Force be with you."


You're trying to tell me that high fives are outdated but Star Trek isn't... Riiight.
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #22

Wow, yet another post about the virus? How many is that now? I guess we are not just keeping it to one post anymore? Pretty hypocritical ..Though I am glad you all are finally taking this seriously. All of my concerns that i posted a month ago are now being repackaged and called insightful...Yes what I expressed was insightful... I warned you it was going to get bad..Would you listen? No of course not... I warned you better put the essentials first...You all knew better.. Insightful.. I will take that as a compliment. Nobody was facing the reality of it weeks ago were they? You are now...
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #23

Arthur wrote: Wow, yet another post about the virus? How many is that now? I guess we are not just keeping it to one post anymore? Pretty hypocritical ..Though I am glad you all are finally taking this seriously. All of my concerns that i posted a month ago are now being repackaged and called insightful...Yes what I expressed was insightful... I warned you it was going to get bad..Would you listen? No of course not... I warned you better put the essentials first...You all knew better.. Insightful.. I will take that as a compliment. Nobody was facing the reality of it weeks ago were they? You are now...


I work in health care. So does my wife. Don’t tell me about taking this seriously. We were from the start. Well before a month ago. Well before you were posting about it.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.

San Diego Comicon Cancelled for 2020 2 months 2 weeks ago #24

BasicBraining wrote:

Ro-gan wrote:

BasicBraining wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

smakdown wrote: i'm hoping for gencon, but not at a health risk. if it is a go, i'll be there. if it isn't, I would hope for a cancellation and not a postponement. I hate to think we got this horrible virus beat and we grow lax just to spike the effects again.

please everyone, take care of yourselves and we will get through this.


This is incredibly insightful.

We should definitely take an opportunity to assess our previous practices and determine if they should or should not resume.

Handshakes maybe should be a thing of the past, as an example.


Fist-bumps are cooler anyway!


They so are not. You might as well high five someone that's how outdated they are now. And not because of COVID-19.

I've always been a fan of the forearm bump. A little pain involved which just shows your manliness.

But I do like the idea of the Vulcan thing or just a: "May the Force be with you."


You're trying to tell me that high fives are outdated but Star Trek isn't... Riiight.


Star Trek currently has two series in production. Star Trek Online is a thing. People still play Star Fleet Battles.

Yes, it’s still a thing.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds