Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas?

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #25

Grizwald wrote:

Dougout wrote: We're talking about not high level stuff for new players right?.... Keep it simple and fun... and keeping with the Raider theme...
Player Level < 10
3pc - +5 hp
4pc - +1 Level
5pc - +1 Treasure
6pc+ - +1 more Treasure


My concern is this becomes the best option if all you want is Treasure.


I don't agree that +1 treasure should come at just 5 commons but I do think treasure motivating high-dollar players to equip commons at least sometimes (say when they are in mixed groups) is a good thing, not a bad one.
I came here to sing and collect tokens, and I'm alllll out of money.
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #26

Singsalot wrote:

Grizwald wrote:

Dougout wrote: We're talking about not high level stuff for new players right?.... Keep it simple and fun... and keeping with the Raider theme...
Player Level < 10
3pc - +5 hp
4pc - +1 Level
5pc - +1 Treasure
6pc+ - +1 more Treasure


My concern is this becomes the best option if all you want is Treasure.


I don't agree that +1 treasure should come at just 5 commons but I do think treasure motivating high-dollar players to equip commons at least sometimes (say when they are in mixed groups) is a good thing, not a bad one.


idk... the more I think about it the more I like it.. its weird... I 100% agree about the feelings surrounding TE, but when I think about a returning player not yet hooked, or a new player, giving them + 2 treasure is small in the large scale ( I say this because in my mind its small, nut I dont know the overall cost it would be to TDA calculating all the extra +2 pulls over the course of all events in 2023 ), but could mean a lot when they finally finish the dungeon and get those extra 2 pulls. I remember when I got my ring of riches... how happy I was to get + 3 pulls at the end of my run. It could work with the other +1 TE that have restriction on it that say " no other TE may be equip " since there aren't. Its a set bonus.. That could also help pull them into the UR TE if it worked with the set... maybe not 6 pieces but something that help pull them into buying a few more starter packs and ooo they pull a rare random UR and the excitement and everything helps them get pulled into the world we all love. If the set worked as suggested, they could get a bead ( the bead and restrictive +1 TE wouldn't work together but they would be pulling +1 more than the were ) and then work on other parts...idk.. I am trying to think of how a progression could work with a set bonus like this from a +1 restrictive TE, then into a bead TE... then branching out into more UR or getting more random packs to get more rare tokens and build there character up but I am not sure how it would go...
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #27

I assumed theb+1 treasure wouldn't stack.

If it does, that's a great high number reward

Im envisioning vets on HC with all TEs, max sea raider, and whatever else is left. .
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #28

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: I assumed theb+1 treasure wouldn't stack.

If it does, that's a great high number reward

Im envisioning vets on HC with all TEs, max sea raider, and whatever else is left. .


see.... I didn't even think about that. I guess we could say that the set bonus doesn't work with IS Nuggets or CoA but could with the beads... or could put a cap on it with other TE... but now its becoming very complicated and its not supposed to be.

EDIT: or it could have a max cap. like the current max is 25 with all CoA, that could be the cap even if you had all the current TE and this set ( 27 for 2025 )


Though the image of all vets running all sea raider sounds like a lot of fun. I love do the Stalker named tokens only run and it was a blast.
Last edit: by Tyraël The Just.
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #29

Of note: Any +TE or +Lvl or similar bonuses should come at the highest common number of tokens, which is currently 8 (dragged down by wizard; it was 9 until the cloak disappeared to make room for the no-wizard boots)
I came here to sing and collect tokens, and I'm alllll out of money.
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #30

Picc wrote: I actually kind of like the idea of a sub UR set granting +1 treasure. So long as it's not trivial or best in slot rare I think a set bonus would be a cool thing to stack with a rare TE.


With so many of these going to be out there, I think if +1 treasure could be had very easily. I think new players may be reluctant to trade/give away Sea Raider tokens to a better suited character as it may deny them the extra treasure. Of course a well organized team might make it work for everyone.

It could be argued that the TE set bonus does not qualify as "other TE tokens", so they might stack with the rare TEs.
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #31

The obvious compete set bonus would be Sea Raider class cards. Short of that, could give a class based bonus, such as giving conserve to the sea raider elf wizard.

If you want to do treasure, just set it to a fixed amount. If you equip X pieces, your total treasure is 5 (or whatever).
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #32

If the bonus is to be treasure, make it one and non stackable with anything beyond a Rare TE.

Will Epilogue be required to check everyone’s Sea Raider Set?
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #33

AAckeret wrote: If the bonus is to be treasure, make it one and non stackable with anything beyond a Rare TE.

Will Epilogue be required to check everyone’s Sea Raider Set?


Wouldn’t this be easier for coaching to verify as they are checking everyone’s tokens ?
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #34

Tyraël The Just wrote:

AAckeret wrote: If the bonus is to be treasure, make it one and non stackable with anything beyond a Rare TE.

Will Epilogue be required to check everyone’s Sea Raider Set?


Wouldn’t this be easier for coaching to verify as they are checking everyone’s tokens ?


They don't always check tokens in coaching. But they always check for TEs in Epilogue. So checking for a bunch of Sea Raider items could be a challenge.

Jeff Martin wrote: All damage is Sacred.

Acherin wrote: I also added VTD support for the most annoying token of 2024 the +2 Sun Scimitar.

The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #35

Grizwald wrote:

Tyraël The Just wrote:

AAckeret wrote: If the bonus is to be treasure, make it one and non stackable with anything beyond a Rare TE.

Will Epilogue be required to check everyone’s Sea Raider Set?


Wouldn’t this be easier for coaching to verify as they are checking everyone’s tokens ?


They don't always check tokens in coaching. But they always check for TEs in Epilogue. So checking for a bunch of Sea Raider items could be a challenge.


True, I think then epilogue would be they only option and they would have to have them ready. But the issue i see is there’s no guarantee that they were using them the entire dungeon. Not sure it would work then
The topic has been locked.

Sea Raider MEGA Set Bonus Ideas? 3 months 3 weeks ago #36

Matthew Hayward wrote: It could follow the same progression as the rod of seven parts (all bonuses cumulative)

# pieces:
2: +1 HP
3: +1 Reflex saves
4: +1 Fortitude saves
5: +1 Will saves
6: +1 Strength
7: +1 Dexterity
8: +1 Constitution
9: 1/year use of prestige class (just kidding on this one)


I hope they actually do this (other than the #9). It pays homage to the past and might be easier for some coaches to remember. It is not over-powering as it it only adds a little in many different things. For the 9+ it could be choice of +1 Focus or +1 to hit in melee or ranged.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds