Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FINAL TOKEN IMAGES for 2024! <== I really mean it kids!

FINAL TOKEN IMAGES for 2024! <== I really mean it kids! 11 months 2 weeks ago #37

Jeff Martin wrote: Well...here we are at the end of a 6-week journey. We have laughed, we have cried, and in the end we have learned that its the love of tokens that we found on the journey that really matters. :cheer:

Thank you all so very much for your feedback, patience and more patience with this whole process. Below are the links to the images going to the factory tomorrow.

truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Common.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Uncommon.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Rare.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_UltraRare.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Transmuted.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_VolAndParticipation.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Special.jpg

NOTE: Thank you all for the feedback on the transmute swords. There are lots of things to consider with regard to the years ahead, so we are just going leave them as designed. Hopefully, it will make more sense later.


If it's not too late, rare Ring of Serpent Strike adds damage to 1st level damage spells and is usable by Bards, however Bards do not have any 1st level damage spells.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL TOKEN IMAGES for 2024! <== I really mean it kids! 11 months 2 weeks ago #38

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Well...here we are at the end of a 6-week journey. We have laughed, we have cried, and in the end we have learned that its the love of tokens that we found on the journey that really matters. :cheer:

Thank you all so very much for your feedback, patience and more patience with this whole process. Below are the links to the images going to the factory tomorrow.

truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Common.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Uncommon.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Rare.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_UltraRare.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Transmuted.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_VolAndParticipation.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Special.jpg

NOTE: Thank you all for the feedback on the transmute swords. There are lots of things to consider with regard to the years ahead, so we are just going leave them as designed. Hopefully, it will make more sense later.


If it's not too late, rare Ring of Serpent Strike adds damage to 1st level damage spells and is usable by Bards, however Bards do not have any 1st level damage spells.


This is likely because Bards will get a 1st level damage spell in the class redesign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL TOKEN IMAGES for 2024! <== I really mean it kids! 11 months 2 weeks ago #39

Impy wrote:

Rob F wrote:

OrionW wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: Should the UR gloves go down to +4 damage?

Only going from +5 at UR to +6 at relic feels odd.


+5 makes sense as at the UR level it is a functional reprint of:

tokendb.com/token/gauntlets-of-linked-fury/

The Relic probably should have been +7, but not sure it is worth reopening this. Most folks making the Relic will eventually try and make the Legendary (is my guess).


It's not a functional reprint of Linked fury because it doesn't have the two hand weapon restriction which is huge because it typically impacts all classes except Barbarian.

+4 damage with no restrictions is more inline with linked fury. 4/6/8 is the way to go.

I disagree with this, we have a Ring of Havoc already that goes 2/4/6 in a ring slot. A hand only slot that applies to 2handed weapons only should be higher than ring.
5/7/9 for 2h only weapons seems super logical to me. 1.5x damage of a token that can apply to 1 handed weapons in a much less valuable slot makes a lot of sense to me.


I'm saying get rid of the two-handed restriction and just make it a flat + 4 damage.
"Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL TOKEN IMAGES for 2024! <== I really mean it kids! 11 months 2 weeks ago #40

  • Jeff Martin
  • Jeff Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Don't lose your dinosaur
  • Posts: 9892

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Well...here we are at the end of a 6-week journey. We have laughed, we have cried, and in the end we have learned that its the love of tokens that we found on the journey that really matters. :cheer:

Thank you all so very much for your feedback, patience and more patience with this whole process. Below are the links to the images going to the factory tomorrow.

truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Common.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Uncommon.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Rare.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_UltraRare.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Transmuted.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_VolAndParticipation.jpg
truedungeon.com/files/CS24_Round08_Special.jpg

NOTE: Thank you all for the feedback on the transmute swords. There are lots of things to consider with regard to the years ahead, so we are just going leave them as designed. Hopefully, it will make more sense later.


If it's not too late, rare Ring of Serpent Strike adds damage to 1st level damage spells and is usable by Bards, however Bards do not have any 1st level damage spells.


That might change soon...
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL TOKEN IMAGES for 2024! <== I really mean it kids! 10 months 1 week ago #41

This might be a bit late but I noticed that the +2 savage sword can be used by 4 classes (Barbarian, fighter, ranger, paladin) but when transmuted it can only be used by 3 classes (barbarian, fighter, and paladin). Was this intentional?

If so, what ranger hurt you? I offer my services to hunt them down.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL TOKEN IMAGES for 2024! <== I really mean it kids! 10 months 1 week ago #42

  • Druegar
  • Druegar's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Semper Inutilia
  • Posts: 10457

Patrick wrote: This might be a bit late

You are correct. :)

Patrick wrote: but I noticed that the +2 savage sword can be used by 4 classes (Barbarian, fighter, ranger, paladin) but when transmuted it can only be used by 3 classes (barbarian, fighter, and paladin). Was this intentional?

Yes, it was intentional. The next "evolution" of that sword can only be used by the two fighter classes.

There is a fair amount of precedent for this. Here are just a few examples, but there are others:
  • Ring of the Drake > Necklace of the Spirit Drake
  • Bracers of Reckless Fury > Medallion of Furious Attack
  • Ring of Quick Blessing > Sacred Necklace
  • Shaman's Belt > Shaman's Greater Necklace
  • Cloak of the Elm > Pendant of the Yew

Patrick wrote: what ranger hurt you?

We do not speak about The Incident... :ohmy:

Patrick wrote: I offer my services to hunt them down.

I'll DM you their last known location.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL TOKEN IMAGES for 2024! <== I really mean it kids! 10 months 1 week ago #43

Druegar wrote:

Patrick wrote: what ranger hurt you?

We do not speak about The Incident... :ohmy:

Patrick wrote: I offer my services to hunt them down.

I'll DM you their last known location.


Not in teal…?
Tenth level achieved! Now for the long journey to 11th level!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FINAL TOKEN IMAGES for 2024! <== I really mean it kids! 7 months 2 weeks ago #44

Definitely looking forward to the new set! I did think it was kind of weird to see the starter transmute amulet of magnifying be replaced by a rare the next year that might end up cheaper to order by itself than the cost to transmute. I think it would be kind of cool to have a 2nd tier for starter transmutes where it allows new players to improve those starter items the next year by coming back. For example, the amulet of magnifying could transmute with the amulet of the asp goddess among other things to make something slightly better.

My thoughts are what if someone is new and doing their first transmute, it may make them regret doing so if it was replaced before they may even use it. That could turn into something they could look forward to though if they could in turn improve that starter transmute.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by C4pt Chunk.
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds