Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 1 month ago #37

Death Knight Shield
+2 AC
+2 Strength
+2 Darkrift Retribution damage

Paladin, Fighter, Dwarf Fighter, Barbarian
Last edit: by Graven.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 1 month ago #38

Graven wrote: Death Knight Shield
+2 AC
+2 Strength
+2 Darkrift Retribution damage

Paladin, Fighter, Dwarf Fighter, Barbarian


The Death Knight set bonus is retribution damage, so I think for most consistency, the shield would be str and a 4 piece set bonus would be +2 Darkrift Retribution Damage.

Ex:

Death Knight Shield
+2 AC
+3 Strength

Paladin, Fighter, Dwarf Fighter, Barbarian

(The idea is to create a class restricted variant on orb of might)

The artwork would be of a big spiked shield, to give a thematic reason why a Cleric couldn't equip it.

Death Knight 4 piece set bonus
+2 Darkrift Retribution Damage.
Last edit: by Endgame.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 1 month ago #39

Endgame wrote: The Death Knight set bonus is retribution damage, so I think for most consistency, the shield would be str and a 4 piece set bonus would be +2 Darkrift Retribution Damage.


I was also thinking that a larger set could up the retribution, but for the shield I thought it would be thematic on the shield, and give more utility to player's with just the shield. But ok.

Base Set = +4 retribution. Each addition item +2 retribution
So..
3 item set = +4
4 item set = +6
5 item set = +8
6 item set = +10

For the look I was thinking a big skull icon with some horns on the top of the shield.
Last edit: by Graven.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 1 month ago #40

Precognition Pendant
+2 to Initiative
if wearer is Psychic Level 7, also +2 Focus

Egoist's Vambraces (wrists)
+1 charm, +1 ioun stone, Focus +1
-1 Con

Sheltering Greaves
+1 AC, ignore 2 points of damage from monster you taunted or that would be dealt to a character you're guarding

Lightning Cloak
if AC is less than 15, gain +3 to hit with weapon attacks and +1 Dex
if AC is 15 or higher, gain +3 to damage with weapon attacks and +1 Initiative
I write D&D things!
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 4 weeks ago #41

AlanP wrote: Precognition Pendant
+2 to Initiative
if wearer is Psychic Level 7, also +2 Focus


I kind of like the idea of more items that reference psychic powers.
If they did that sort of thing, they would need to keep items available that grant psychic powers.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 4 weeks ago #42

A new “of Glory” item. There are a lot of rings, and Ring Con is coming!
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 4 weeks ago #43

AAckeret wrote: A new “of Glory” item. There are a lot of rings, and Ring Con is coming!


There is one coming that’s going on the earcuff slot I do believe that’s going to be a glory item. It’s going to need all monster trophies over the next 3 years. I’ll try to find the thread and send it to you

Found it! ⬇️
www.truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=5&id=255506
Last edit: by Tyraël The Just.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 4 weeks ago #44

Come to think of it, a new UR helm for the melee classes would be good, it's been a long time since the last one.
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current Rogue Build
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 4 weeks ago #45

My group enjoys regeneration abilities, they like healing every time they go into rooms. Maybe we can have regeneration abilities on new tokens. Maybe something like a Charm of Regeneration, +2 healing per room. Or, maybe add a point or two of regeneration to other abilities. Like, Troll Bead, +5 HP and +2 Regeneration.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 4 weeks ago #46

Mike Steele wrote: My group enjoys regeneration abilities, they like healing every time they go into rooms. Maybe we can have regeneration abilities on new tokens. Maybe something like a Charm of Regeneration, +2 healing per room. Or, maybe add a point or two of regeneration to other abilities. Like, Troll Bead, +5 HP and +2 Regeneration.

I love regeneration too, but last year’s proposed UR +2 regen ioun stone was cut for being too powerful. Pretty sure that means regen is off the the table.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 4 weeks ago #47

Endgame wrote:

Mike Steele wrote: My group enjoys regeneration abilities, they like healing every time they go into rooms. Maybe we can have regeneration abilities on new tokens. Maybe something like a Charm of Regeneration, +2 healing per room. Or, maybe add a point or two of regeneration to other abilities. Like, Troll Bead, +5 HP and +2 Regeneration.

I love regeneration too, but last year’s proposed UR +2 regen ioun stone was cut for being too powerful. Pretty sure that means regen is off the the table.


I'll put it back on the table. :)

I don't recall that token in the development process. I'm curious, did Jeff actually say it was too powerful, or was that just community speculation after it was cut?
Last edit: by Mike Steele.
The topic has been locked.

2024 Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 year 4 weeks ago #48

Holy Symbol of Kord- Cleric loses their turn unholy ability in exchange for +3 sacred damage on all their attacks.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds