Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Modest proposal for monster bits

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #1

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6873
I saw a lot of people have a lot of fun this weekend when they were told they didnt have to equip TEs for the patron run. With that in mind along with the upcoming Uber TE and the glut of current monster bits. What would people think about a transmute like this?

Recipe 10x Golden Fleece (or some other really high number designed to gut the current glut) + whatever else.

Cradle of Golden Fleece: Slotless (maybe even soulbound): user gain +3 ioun stone slots that can only be used for TEs.

So basically giving the people who have supported TD through the V series a bit more slot freedom in exchange for their monster bits.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #2

Picc wrote: I saw a lot of people have a lot of fun this weekend when they were told they didnt have to equip TEs for the patron run. With that in mind along with the upcoming Uber TE and the glut of current monster bits. What would people think about a transmute like this?

Recipe 10x Golden Fleece (or some other really high number designed to gut the current glut) + whatever else.

Cradle of Golden Fleece: Slotless (maybe even soulbound): user gain +3 ioun stone slots that can only be used for TEs.

So basically giving the people who have supported TD through the V series a bit more slot freedom in exchange for their monster bits.


A better name would be preferred.

Grunnel's mining sack - Slotless - User may carry and equip Ioun Stones with Nugget in the name without using an Ioun stone slot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #3

Make it only usable in VTD, since this is basically a reward for those who play multiple VTD every month and is nearly unattainable for anyone who doesn't.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #4

kurtreznor wrote: Make it only usable in VTD, since this is basically a reward for those who play multiple VTD every month and is nearly unattainable for anyone who doesn't.


It would essentially be useless for VTD since we aren't checking tokens or builds beforehand or during epilogue. People could be dirty rotten cheaters and just equip 3 other IS and then show their nuggets during epilogue.

Would I make one? Maybe. Depends on if I had 3 other IS to equip and felt like I needed them. Would love a way for all UR+ TEs to be slotless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #5

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6873
Honestly if people want to cheat most items are totally useless.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #6

Picc wrote: Honestly if people want to cheat most items are totally useless.


Agreed. I'd prefer to be able to use something like this in person not just VTD otherwise what's the point of a physical token....... wait a second. Why not have it as a token holder that fits all the nuggets inside?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #7

kurtreznor wrote: Make it only usable in VTD, since this is basically a reward for those who play multiple VTD every month and is nearly unattainable for anyone who doesn't.


That is a neat design area, tokens that are only usable in VTD or In-Person.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #8

Mike Steele wrote:

kurtreznor wrote: Make it only usable in VTD, since this is basically a reward for those who play multiple VTD every month and is nearly unattainable for anyone who doesn't.


That is a neat design area, tokens that are only usable in VTD or In-Person.


See UR Special.

tokendb.com/token/special-ur/
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #9

Totem Paint Powdered Gold: Crafted from Golden Fleece. Used at start of run to gain +10 treasures. Does not stack with other treasure enhancers (or maybe non-IS treasure enhancers) and must be redeemed in person?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #10

I would vote strongly against some mechanism to make Nuggets slotless, given it's directly counter to the idea of "choose iouns for character power or more treasure", and also counter to the idea of "nuggets will not get a transmute to consolidate slots".

A consumable way to use fleece for more treasure, similar to maps, would be fine with me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 1 day ago #11

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:

kurtreznor wrote: Make it only usable in VTD, since this is basically a reward for those who play multiple VTD every month and is nearly unattainable for anyone who doesn't.


That is a neat design area, tokens that are only usable in VTD or In-Person.


See UR Special.

tokendb.com/token/special-ur/


True, some tokens aren't applicable to VTD already, but I'm not sure if any have been designed that way yet. Maybe some consumable tokens that had some really neat virtual effect when used would be fun for VTD only.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Modest proposal for monster bits 2 months 19 hours ago #12

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6873

Endgame wrote: I would vote strongly against some mechanism to make Nuggets slotless, given it's directly counter to the idea of "choose iouns for character power or more treasure", and also counter to the idea of "nuggets will not get a transmute to consolidate slots".

A consumable way to use fleece for more treasure, similar to maps, would be fine with me.


We disagree on the fun factor or slotless vs non slotless TEs so I'm not going to argue that point.

With regards to nuggets not being used in a transmute. An item seperate from the nuggets themselves that grants additional slots with the restriction of "for TEs only" is in no way transmuting or alters or transmutes nuggets so I dont see the problem.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds