Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2023 Transmuted Token Ideas

2023 Transmuted Token Ideas 8 months 1 week ago #145

Picc wrote: So as I recall it a big part of the reason peeping got the return to where you started and fizzy lifting was so restricted was to prevent creative use of flying being used to bypass puzzles. I suspect that's also why the "invisibility" cloaks we do have also have so many carve outs and restrictions on the token db.


I wonder if a simpler solution would be to limit them to combat rooms, so they would be inoperative in puzzle rooms.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Transmuted Token Ideas 8 months 1 week ago #146

I know there is some "unspoken rule" about having transmutes using older URs as part of the recipe, but I want to also propose an idea of interest that may turn out as valuable as a TE...

New URs
+2 Embued blade of transition (basic UR blade to the newbie)

Transform: +2 Axe of the Dwarvish Kings
+2 Embued blade of transition
(example)...Axe of the Dwarvish Kings
...bunch of TIs

this then opens the legendary. As I write this, perhaps its an expanded use of the Wish Ring...

To implement, the Dark Blue token has a unique sticker added...this makes sticker prints the cost...but ultimately, it opens up a world of using URs each year that lets us take old stuff and refresh as new...and it makes the "transition" item for that year be the focus...lots of benefits
Jamie
AureliusBP

Ranger for Epic
tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/b4b81c8d-c52e-4ffa-b291-a2eba22a6a8c

Ranger QUick and Dead
tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/9f97836c-9066-455b-904a-eea17eadbbb9

CHECK OUT THE TOKENS FOR SALE
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=252721#397741

Ioun Stone Nuggets AVAILABLE

Am on Discord as AureliusBP if you want realtime chat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Transmuted Token Ideas 8 months 6 days ago #147

Transmute token idea: Similar to how the Charm of Awareness and Charm of Synergy were combined to be the Relic Charm of Awaken Synergy, I would like to see the Bracers of Supreme Archery & Bracers of Guided Strike combined to a Relic. This would give solid competition for the very popular Greater Charm Bracelets.
2019 Trent Tokens Poker Tournament - First Place winner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Transmuted Token Ideas 8 months 6 days ago #148

Jamie Campbell wrote: I know there is some "unspoken rule" about having transmutes using older URs as part of the recipe, but I want to also propose an idea of interest that may turn out as valuable as a TE...

New URs
+2 Embued blade of transition (basic UR blade to the newbie)

Transform: +2 Axe of the Dwarvish Kings
+2 Embued blade of transition
(example)...Axe of the Dwarvish Kings
...bunch of TIs

this then opens the legendary. As I write this, perhaps its an expanded use of the Wish Ring...

To implement, the Dark Blue token has a unique sticker added...this makes sticker prints the cost...but ultimately, it opens up a world of using URs each year that lets us take old stuff and refresh as new...and it makes the "transition" item for that year be the focus...lots of benefits

So basically a relic weapon that utilizes “any UR weapon” in the transmute and not say “this years blunder” or “this years axe” to enable folks to get a relic basically any year? I am thinking this is related to the “evergreen” post in some way, if I am misinterpreting please let me know.

Please also see this as maybe also what you’re asking for, maybe something with a different power though, and maybe more limited to “melee classes” so it would be worth considering as a Fighter, Ranger, Melee Rogue, or Monk? Or maybe the idea is having a “one handed option” and a “focus option” and a “two handed option” and a “ranged option” cycling every 4 years so they are made by newbies or by vets and traded off a few years later as the recipes are going to come back?

The reason I am asking all the questions is that a known relic that has a known recipie would likely be a variant of sink the game needs, or needed the last few years as transmutes were class limited otherwise. The PTM is another likely sink, requiring to order more tokens might need to be evaluated though.

I like it.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
Bard of the College of Sick Beats

Trade thread truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253064#406060

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Transmuted Token Ideas 8 months 6 days ago #149

macxdmg wrote:

Jamie Campbell wrote: I know there is some "unspoken rule" about having transmutes using older URs as part of the recipe, but I want to also propose an idea of interest that may turn out as valuable as a TE...

New URs
+2 Embued blade of transition (basic UR blade to the newbie)

Transform: +2 Axe of the Dwarvish Kings
+2 Embued blade of transition
(example)...Axe of the Dwarvish Kings
...bunch of TIs

this then opens the legendary. As I write this, perhaps its an expanded use of the Wish Ring...

To implement, the Dark Blue token has a unique sticker added...this makes sticker prints the cost...but ultimately, it opens up a world of using URs each year that lets us take old stuff and refresh as new...and it makes the "transition" item for that year be the focus...lots of benefits

So basically a relic weapon that utilizes “any UR weapon” in the transmute and not say “this years blunder” or “this years axe” to enable folks to get a relic basically any year? I am thinking this is related to the “evergreen” post in some way, if I am misinterpreting please let me know.

Please also see this as maybe also what you’re asking for, maybe something with a different power though, and maybe more limited to “melee classes” so it would be worth considering as a Fighter, Ranger, Melee Rogue, or Monk? Or maybe the idea is having a “one handed option” and a “focus option” and a “two handed option” and a “ranged option” cycling every 4 years so they are made by newbies or by vets and traded off a few years later as the recipes are going to come back?

The reason I am asking all the questions is that a known relic that has a known recipie would likely be a variant of sink the game needs, or needed the last few years as transmutes were class limited otherwise. The PTM is another likely sink, requiring to order more tokens might need to be evaluated though.

I like it.


The idea of "sink" is a facet, but ultimately, I want to protect from a situation where someone buys a +2 Hammer of Smiting thinking it could be great to upgrade...only to find out they cannot... having the "old UR" sink protects the new players from getting hand me downs better suited for trash

The idea of the "transition UR" is that its a specific item per year that makes the UR still valuable...but in a recipe combined with something old...generates something new...its basically useful at the relic level similar to how a wish ring is useful at the legendary level. Having that transition UR in the set for the year promotes sales and lots of optionality to attract demand.

as for trade item sink, this also makes it possible where the transmuted relic helps keep the junk out of the system and drain off some of the glut of trade items in the system.

as for taking the Relic...and putting specific features to it...I am all for it...I am just trying to imagine how we get something that casts well for all AND doesn't create a nightmare on token orders etc...I like the idea of "bespoke" relics so that there isn't 1000 relics sitting in a tub somewhere...
Jamie
AureliusBP

Ranger for Epic
tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/b4b81c8d-c52e-4ffa-b291-a2eba22a6a8c

Ranger QUick and Dead
tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/9f97836c-9066-455b-904a-eea17eadbbb9

CHECK OUT THE TOKENS FOR SALE
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=252721#397741

Ioun Stone Nuggets AVAILABLE

Am on Discord as AureliusBP if you want realtime chat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jamie Campbell.

2023 Transmuted Token Ideas 8 months 6 days ago #150

  • New Relics for existing Legendary transmutes (i.e. a additional relic for Welfor's +5 Slayer Sword
  • Legendary Ammo Pouch that grants munition based range weapons bonus damage types, with out needing to carry significant amounts of consumable tokens
  • Legendary Wand that isn't consumed on use. Something to give Casters alternate combat options if they wish to save their spells
  • Legendary Divining device. Something that's good for once per game, give the party an additional clue to solving a puzzle.
When in doubt, go left

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Transmuted Token Ideas 8 months 4 days ago #151

Lequinian wrote: Jeff had talked about putting the Earcuff of Orbits in '23 and the natural thought is that this will include a relic and legendary like the Charm Bracelet.

One thought that has comes up several places is that the (presumed) +4 Ioun stones is overpowering as we'd get to full IS in one token. Endgame had suggested combining the Arcane Earcuff with Earcuff of Orbits, and as popular as that idea was with some, I can see the natural opposition.

As an additional idea for brainstorming, what if we unlocked some of the locked ISs.

Earcuff of Orbits
+ 2 IS slots

Greater Earcuff of Orbits
+3 IS slots

Legendary Earcuff of Orbital Bling
+ 2 IS
+ 6 Treasure

Transmute: Greater earcuff + (3 different nuggets or 4 nuggets) + trade goods

This is effectively a 5 IS slots legendary while only really adding 2. And there's the thing about people's back.


I am pretty sure that Jeff said the IS treasure enhancers wouldn't be part of a transmute years ago.

truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=527&id=244042&start=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2023 Transmuted Token Ideas 8 months 4 days ago #152

Aaron Jozwiak wrote:


  • Legendary Wand that isn't consumed on use. Something to give Casters alternate combat options if they wish to save their spells


That's basically what the Mystic Staves at common / uncommon are. They require an attack slide, but they also get all your ranged damage bonuses (unlike wands, which are usually not modified).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds