Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2022 Recipe Discussion

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #13

OrionW wrote: I recommend increasing Golden Fleece or announcing a new monster bit transmute soon. VDT is awesome, but I am running out of room to store monster bits.

My opinion, which may be an outlier, is that playing TD should be a more important part of the the transmute process.


We literally just spent the day fighting AGAINST a change to the recipes increasing the number of Golden Fleece used. Please do not suggest increasing it.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #14

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

OrionW wrote: I recommend increasing Golden Fleece or announcing a new monster bit transmute soon. VDT is awesome, but I am running out of room to store monster bits.

My opinion, which may be an outlier, is that playing TD should be a more important part of the the transmute process.


We literally just spent the day fighting AGAINST a change to the recipes increasing the number of Golden Fleece used. Please do not suggest increasing it.


Arcanist what rational was given to reducing the GF requirements, it seems with more opportunities to play this would be one area where transmutes are not supply constrained, what am I missing?
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #15

Looking at the VTD treasure tracking spreadsheet the MB percentage has gone down for 2021 MBs.

More opportunities to play is not necessarily a good measure to use for recipes.

The receipes should be accessible for those playing in person and with similar numbers of runs as was present in 2019.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #16

OrionW wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

OrionW wrote: I recommend increasing Golden Fleece or announcing a new monster bit transmute soon. VDT is awesome, but I am running out of room to store monster bits.

My opinion, which may be an outlier, is that playing TD should be a more important part of the the transmute process.


We literally just spent the day fighting AGAINST a change to the recipes increasing the number of Golden Fleece used. Please do not suggest increasing it.


Arcanist what rational was given to reducing the GF requirements, it seems with more opportunities to play this would be one area where transmutes are not supply constrained, what am I missing?


Basically it was a 60% increase from previous formulas.

The truth is if you make it to expensive to make a legendary and relics it will effect token orders.
If I do a 8k order and the trade goods effectively make 25% or 50% less stuff, I am less likely to make that order.

Increasing the goods really feels like gate keeping and will in my opinion negatively impact the game in the future, so please don’t increase the AG, EB, and OE
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #17

Recipe cost inflation has to be expected, especially given the increases in treasure draws from URTE tokens. That being said the inflation of costs should mirror the increases from additional treasure.

2021 had an approximate 10% increase in treasure values via the ISPN so an increase in the cost of crafting Relic+ makes sense for 2021.

2022 has no new URTE so an increase in cost does not make sense for 2022.

2023 adds approx 10% in treasure, so a 10% boost in costs makes sense.

Etc.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #18

Looking at the treasure spreadsheet it looks like Monster Bits this year have been ~16% of all pulls. So for ~ every 63 pulls you will have enough to make a GF.

1 GF - ~63 Pulls
2 GF - ~126 pulls
3 GF - ~189 pulls
4 GF - ~252 pulls

252 pulls for (2 GF for the relic and 2 GF for the legendary) feels right to me for Muk's or the Luna's. I would rather see this than an increase in AG, EB, and OE. With that said if it stays where it is I don't think it is the end of the world. If there is a glut of GF going forward 2023 recipes can be increased to use them up.
Last edit: by OrionW.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #19

OrionW wrote: I recommend increasing Golden Fleece or announcing a new monster bit transmute soon. VDT is awesome, but I am running out of room to store monster bits.

My opinion, which may be an outlier, is that playing TD should be a more important part of the the transmute process.


+1 to this
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #20

Somewhat related question:

Will new 5X, 10X, etc, TG Tokens be making an appearance this year?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #21

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Recipe cost inflation has to be expected, especially given the increases in treasure draws from URTE tokens. That being said the inflation of costs should mirror the increases from additional treasure.

2021 had an approximate 10% increase in treasure values via the ISPN so an increase in the cost of crafting Relic+ makes sense for 2021.

2022 has no new URTE so an increase in cost does not make sense for 2022.

2023 adds approx 10% in treasure, so a 10% boost in costs makes sense.

Etc.


Cost inflation I expect, it’s the percentage increase that is the issue.

For example Widseth’s Legendary Lute 2019 vs Luna’s

Widseth’s. ________________ Luna’s
10× Alchemist’s Ink. 15. +50%
5× Alchemist’s Parchment. 15. +200%
2× Aragonite. 2. +0%
20× Darkwood Plank. 25. +25%
8× Dwarven Steel. 20. +150%
2× Elven Bismuth. 3. +50%
10× Enchanter’s Munition. 3. -70%
2× Golden Fleece. 2. 0%
1× Minotaur Hide. 15. +1500%
15× Mystic Silk. 25. +66%
2× Oil of Enchantment. 2 0%
15× Philosopher’s Stone. 20. +33%
Total trade goods difference in just a few short you

92.for Widseth’s, 147 for Luna’s
60% increase in a very short time. Do we really need to increase the most expensive trade goods in this recipe.
Last edit: by Wayne Rhodes.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #22

Did I go on more runs this year because of VTD? Yes.
Did those runs result in more total monster bits this year? Yes.
Did I spend more total money to go on those runs? Yes.
Do I feel like the cost to make a Legendary should increase just because the opportunity to spend more money was available? No.

A new sink for monster bits might be a good idea though. Maybe a Earcuff of Heroism.
Forum Name: Milambus
Real Name: Jake Fitch
Main Class: Monk
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #23

Milambus (Jake) wrote: Did I go on more runs this year because of VTD? Yes.
Did those runs result in more total monster bits this year? Yes.
Did I spend more total money to go on those runs? Yes.
Do I feel like the cost to make a Legendary should increase just because the opportunity to spend more money was available? No.

A new sink for monster bits might be a good idea though. Maybe a Earcuff of Heroism.


Exactly this.

Do not punish me for supporting True Dungeon during the Pandemic by making tokens cost more.
The topic has been locked.

2022 Recipe Discussion 1 month 4 weeks ago #24

Milambus (Jake) wrote: Did I go on more runs this year because of VTD? Yes.
Did those runs result in more total monster bits this year? Yes.
Did I spend more total money to go on those runs? Yes.
Do I feel like the cost to make a Legendary should increase just because the opportunity to spend more money was available? No.

A new sink for monster bits might be a good idea though. Maybe a Earcuff of Heroism.


+1

Please bring back the Monster Bit transmutes.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds