Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2022 Special kind of

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #1

Please give these one last look-see!

truedungeon.com/files/Special.jpg
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #2

Hi Jeff,

Great tokens as always!

The picture for Basic Greaves looks more like boots. I do love the name of this and especially Very Basic Greaves.

For the Ghost Accelerator, if everyone in the party had one, would the Incorporeal Undead potentially have to succeed at 10 consecutive savings throws or be trapped forever? Maybe each monster should only have to make one savings throw no matter how many of these are in the party?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #3

So the +2 Turkey Leg of Smiting will be a volunteer token? (hoping)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #4

Is damage on the Turkey legs kind of not in the spirit of Turkey leg runs?

Maybe the damage wheel should be all 1s for the +1, all 2s for the +2, etc?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #5

Mike Steele wrote: For the Ghost Accelerator, if everyone in the party had one, would the Incorporeal Undead potentially have to succeed at 10 consecutive savings throws or be trapped forever? Maybe each monster should only have to make one savings throw no matter how many of these are in the party?


Please don't. If you want the chance of the monster not being trapped to be low, simply set it's save to only fail on a natural one. If you say that it only has to make the save once, then the only use for more than one in a party winds up being multiple monsters, and then the penalty you suggest would make them nearly useless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #6

Endgame wrote: Is damage on the Turkey legs kind of not in the spirit of Turkey leg runs?

Maybe the damage wheel should be all 1s for the +1, all 2s for the +2, etc?


This! If people are going to keep pushing this silly idea, give them their silly idea. Don't give them something this good. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #7

I'll suggest it again here.. if the +2 Turkey Leg or the Ghost Accelerator are constructed from recipes, please mark them as transmutes rather than URs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #8

Fiddy wrote:

Endgame wrote: Is damage on the Turkey legs kind of not in the spirit of Turkey leg runs?

Maybe the damage wheel should be all 1s for the +1, all 2s for the +2, etc?


This! If people are going to keep pushing this silly idea, give them their silly idea. Don't give them something this good. :)


These could all be left as is, and the common turkey leg be reprinted in the common slot as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #9

I have to agree with the turkey leg comments. I'm glad you created these, but they should be more fun than actual effective fighting weapons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #10

Dave wrote: I have to agree with the turkey leg comments. I'm glad you created these, but they should be more fun than actual effective fighting weapons.


+1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #11

The best “joke” might be all 0s on the damage wheel, and a single 1 for the +1, a single 1 and a 2 for the +2, and so on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Special kind of 1 month 3 weeks ago #12

How many times did TA hear that players wanted better turkey legs? Compared to how many times before now TA heard:

The reason why Turkey Leg is cool is that it's a silly alt run token. The whole point is that it isn't a weapon but DMs let that slide because it's entertaining to slaughter monsters with food. At the point that you turn it into a weapon, it becomes mechanically better, which only undermines the point of using it in the first place as originally conceived, anyway.

I don't care. I own a Turkey Leg. I include it in my dice bag and show it to people who have no idea what True Dungeon is because most of the gamers I have known have zero idea what True Dungeon is, as an example of the whimsical nature of the game (at times). But, I have zero interest in using it as a weapon even though I'm all for silly and recently enjoyed running a rare woodie as a weapon over a variety of legendary weapons.

Because I don't care, sure, make the best weapons in the game food. But, it seems late in the game to now pooh pooh the idea of food being equated to Thor's hammer. Could have tried a lot harder to nip in the bud the idea that the humor of weaponless weapon combat goes away when the weaponless becomes a weapon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ian Lee.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds