Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #25

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6572

Rob F wrote: Bead of Heroism: Needs a bigger drawback of some sort.

Brooch of Beading: I assume the Broach is now a new slot? If so please consider not slot locking it right out of the gate with a slot expander. If it's not a new slot then please get rid of it all together and come up with a new Token. If there absolutely has to be two new Bead slots just tell the community there's now three Bead slots.

Lamp:. Too over powered for Slotless. If you dial the hp back to 1,2,3,4,5 I guarantee you everyone will still buy it.


But will they buy 10? In it's current form I guarantee it will drive sales, and let's be honest hps are probably the thing in TD that's tracked least accurately. I'm not saying that ok, but IMO this design works for a lot of reasons.

P.S. I love the idea of broach slot starting with an expander. It's not slot lock at this point, its slot identity. If the broach slot is used primarily for charm/bead/iOS expanders kept in check by the expander cap I think it would be really fun and take some pressure off orbits & arcane ear cuff. Doing it this way probably also gets us ahead of some of L&L arguments when the next you know what roles around, which I only see as a good thing.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #26

Brokkr wrote:

Beertram wrote: The common one allows for WIS to be used to hit. Does DEX count too or is INT/WIS replacing DEX?


I hadn't made it to the commons yet. It's nice to see there's a chance for casters to pull one from a starting pack.
Even if there is one that allows WIS in 2022 I'm willing to wait and lobby for a UR next year.

My reading is INT or WIS is the only stat used for the to Hit. I'm not sure if there is any planned bonus to damage from a stat.


If it is instead of DEX, not also DEX, then these staffs are absolute trash.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #27

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6572

kurtreznor wrote:

Brokkr wrote:

Beertram wrote: The common one allows for WIS to be used to hit. Does DEX count too or is INT/WIS replacing DEX?


I hadn't made it to the commons yet. It's nice to see there's a chance for casters to pull one from a starting pack.
Even if there is one that allows WIS in 2022 I'm willing to wait and lobby for a UR next year.

My reading is INT or WIS is the only stat used for the to Hit. I'm not sure if there is any planned bonus to damage from a stat.


If it is instead of DEX, not also DEX, then these staffs are absolute trash.


But they have potential to grow and that's something
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #28

On the lamp maybe just make it just like charm of synergy instead of all the every 2 players thing.

On the Broach if it’s slotless maybe add a WIS, INT, or CHA requirements to it.

The problem with adding new slots is they need to be filled every year or two. There was a discussion a few years ago of having beads being expanded by wisdom, that might be a good thing to revisit. I know the best argument against that is Charm of Enlightenment, but still something to consider.
Could do something like 18 WIS Extra Bead, 24 WIS extra bead
Replace the Broach with a Greater Charm of Enlightenment +12 WIS, this would make you use a current slot while expanding the Bead slot, make WIS more than just will saves for everyone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Wayne Rhodes.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #29

My two favorite are the Brooch and Lucky Charm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #30

Picc wrote:

kurtreznor wrote:

Brokkr wrote:

Beertram wrote: The common one allows for WIS to be used to hit. Does DEX count too or is INT/WIS replacing DEX?


I hadn't made it to the commons yet. It's nice to see there's a chance for casters to pull one from a starting pack.
Even if there is one that allows WIS in 2022 I'm willing to wait and lobby for a UR next year.

My reading is INT or WIS is the only stat used for the to Hit. I'm not sure if there is any planned bonus to damage from a stat.


If it is instead of DEX, not also DEX, then these staffs are absolute trash.


But they have potential to grow and that's something


I don't think using the Mage Staff is supposed to main the Wizards first choice of actions, it's the back up for when they want to save spells. The main obstacle for it right now is there is only one item in the game that boosts INT and no other reason to equip it because currently INT does nothing else. I'd really like to see more +INT tokens to make it at least somewhat useful this year, but I doubt it until we see it do something else in game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #31

Picc wrote:

Rob F wrote: Bead of Heroism: Needs a bigger drawback of some sort.

Brooch of Beading: I assume the Broach is now a new slot? If so please consider not slot locking it right out of the gate with a slot expander. If it's not a new slot then please get rid of it all together and come up with a new Token. If there absolutely has to be two new Bead slots just tell the community there's now three Bead slots.

Lamp:. Too over powered for Slotless. If you dial the hp back to 1,2,3,4,5 I guarantee you everyone will still buy it.


But will they buy 10? In it's current form I guarantee it will drive sales, and let's be honest hps are probably the thing in TD that's tracked least accurately. I'm not saying that ok, but IMO this design works for a lot of reasons.

P.S. I love the idea of broach slot starting with an expander. It's not slot lock at this point, its slot identity. If the broach slot is used primarily for charm/bead/iOS expanders kept in check by the expander cap I think it would be really fun and take some pressure off orbits & arcane ear cuff. Doing it this way probably also gets us ahead of some of L&L arguments when the next you know what roles around, which I only see as a good thing.


My first reaction was to assume the brooch was slotless and I'm ok with that. My second reaction was why not just expand the bead slot, but then from a sales standpoint this makes total sense. If you want to maximize sales on this, just keep it slotless and it will become a must have. In the end, all it really does is expand the bead slot for anyone willing to shell out the price of a pyp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #32

Disappointed that the Earcuff of Orbits was dropped, but the Charm Bracelets were kept, when the Earcuff has been out of print a year longer.

Mixed feelings about the Chaos Cannon’s max damage being the same as the Common 1 hand Pistol.

Earcuff of the Ravager seems very very strong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #33

  • NightGod
  • NightGod's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • It's only push damage...how bad could it be?!
  • Posts: 868

Brokkr wrote:

Picc wrote:

kurtreznor wrote:

Brokkr wrote:

Beertram wrote: The common one allows for WIS to be used to hit. Does DEX count too or is INT/WIS replacing DEX?


I hadn't made it to the commons yet. It's nice to see there's a chance for casters to pull one from a starting pack.
Even if there is one that allows WIS in 2022 I'm willing to wait and lobby for a UR next year.

My reading is INT or WIS is the only stat used for the to Hit. I'm not sure if there is any planned bonus to damage from a stat.


If it is instead of DEX, not also DEX, then these staffs are absolute trash.


But they have potential to grow and that's something


I don't think using the Mage Staff is supposed to main the Wizards first choice of actions, it's the back up for when they want to save spells. The main obstacle for it right now is there is only one item in the game that boosts INT and no other reason to equip it because currently INT does nothing else. I'd really like to see more +INT tokens to make it at least somewhat useful this year, but I doubt it until we see it do something else in game.

Well, three items, but two of them are the Relic/Legendary robes, so really two. Your point remains. I thought I read somewhere that the INT was in addition to DEX to hit, but it may have just been a discussion about the subject and nothing official.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #34

Brokkr wrote:

Picc wrote:

kurtreznor wrote:

Brokkr wrote:

Beertram wrote: The common one allows for WIS to be used to hit. Does DEX count too or is INT/WIS replacing DEX?


I hadn't made it to the commons yet. It's nice to see there's a chance for casters to pull one from a starting pack.
Even if there is one that allows WIS in 2022 I'm willing to wait and lobby for a UR next year.

My reading is INT or WIS is the only stat used for the to Hit. I'm not sure if there is any planned bonus to damage from a stat.


If it is instead of DEX, not also DEX, then these staffs are absolute trash.


But they have potential to grow and that's something


I don't think using the Mage Staff is supposed to main the Wizards first choice of actions, it's the back up for when they want to save spells. The main obstacle for it right now is there is only one item in the game that boosts INT and no other reason to equip it because currently INT does nothing else. I'd really like to see more +INT tokens to make it at least somewhat useful this year, but I doubt it until we see it do something else in game.


Wizard sacrifices on average 15 damage to slide this since it gains nothing from Focus items. It will always be terrible if it's not allowed to gain from focus on damage.

It will be bought for the SoP effect, equipped and ignored.

Sadly as printed it's barely better than a stunning crossbow, more chance to hit but crap damage

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #35

Dave wrote:

Picc wrote:

Rob F wrote: Bead of Heroism: Needs a bigger drawback of some sort.

Brooch of Beading: I assume the Broach is now a new slot? If so please consider not slot locking it right out of the gate with a slot expander. If it's not a new slot then please get rid of it all together and come up with a new Token. If there absolutely has to be two new Bead slots just tell the community there's now three Bead slots.

Lamp:. Too over powered for Slotless. If you dial the hp back to 1,2,3,4,5 I guarantee you everyone will still buy it.


But will they buy 10? In it's current form I guarantee it will drive sales, and let's be honest hps are probably the thing in TD that's tracked least accurately. I'm not saying that ok, but IMO this design works for a lot of reasons.

P.S. I love the idea of broach slot starting with an expander. It's not slot lock at this point, its slot identity. If the broach slot is used primarily for charm/bead/iOS expanders kept in check by the expander cap I think it would be really fun and take some pressure off orbits & arcane ear cuff. Doing it this way probably also gets us ahead of some of L&L arguments when the next you know what roles around, which I only see as a good thing.


My first reaction was to assume the brooch was slotless and I'm ok with that. My second reaction was why not just expand the bead slot, but then from a sales standpoint this makes total sense. If you want to maximize sales on this, just keep it slotless and it will become a must have. In the end, all it really does is expand the bead slot for anyone willing to shell out the price of a pyp.

I’m really not a fan of the brooch as slotless. With legendary charm bracelets coming, and legendary IS expander planned, make the bead expander a earcuff. Players will get to have their cake and eat it too with all the power of legendary slot expanders, but at least the bead expander uses an existing slot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2022 Ultra Rare Final Kind of 7 months 1 week ago #36

AAckeret wrote: Disappointed that the Earcuff of Orbits was dropped, but the Charm Bracelets were kept, when the Earcuff has been out of print a year longer.


I'd agree with that. If we are looking to bump sales a bit this year to help cover a token cost increase, then reprinting the Earcuff of Orbits this year with a transmute path and doing the Charm Bracelets later is the better way to go. Earcuff of Orbits has been out of print longer and is significantly higher in demand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds