Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 6 days ago #133

Fiddy wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: I'm fine with whatever. Maybe Sacred, since we had sacredfirw recently?


Compound damage types need to stop happening. If the damage is supposed to be reducible but difficult, it should be half one type and half another (or some similar mix). And if it shouldn't be reducible, then just make it eldritch and be done.

100% agree
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 6 days ago #134

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6401

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Wade Schwendemann (Dr. Uid) wrote: I'm fine with whatever. Maybe Sacred, since we had sacredfirw recently?


Compound damage types need to stop happening. If the damage is supposed to be reducible but difficult, it should be half one type and half another (or some similar mix). And if it shouldn't be reducible, then just make it eldritch and be done.

100% agree


+1
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 6 days ago #135

Almost nothing should be Eldritch. There are lots of tokens that have no reason to see play because typed damage isn't common enough. Iktomi's is more powerful when damage is one of a number of types, which seems to be a goal.

In particular, should stop making puzzle damage commonly Eldritch. It's perfectly fine when tokens actually do something besides give HP, heal, saves, and massacre monsters.

Since by definition Eldritch can't be reduced, then Ray's should hardly ever do anything, though mostly I see Ray's just produce argument about whether it can reduce Eldritch puzzle damage or not. Either way, I lost any interest in using it.

And, no, it's not a good idea to change damage types based on difficulty to "make things harder" as running tokens that reduce damage of various types routinely is already making builds worse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 6 days ago #136

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6401
That's fair, end of the day it feels good to resist some damage, feels bad to be told you cant and hp are on the honor system anyway. Let people have their fun and throw in some easily resisted damage from time to time.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 5 days ago #137

I'd like to see the Assassin's Crossbow added to the reprint list.
It's been a long time, and it is a very sought after token.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 5 days ago #138

Lord of Mistakes wrote: I'd like to see the Assassin's Crossbow added to the reprint list.
It's been a long time, and it is a very sought after token.


Perhaps this might be better a few years down the line? Nightshade's Throwing Dagger is currently available as a PYP and does a very similar job to Assassin's Crossbow.
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current build: tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/54550c58-0964-4b14-af03-5c485ca2ef70

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 12 hours ago #139

This may be stupid and crazy to execute, but...

Two things that seemed odd to me in recent years...
1. The proliferation of +1 Focus Rares over recent years and what seems to be the current standard of making UR +2 Focus items. Except for the Ring Slot. Granted, the Ring slot was the only one we had for a long time and we are still grateful that it got a legendary transmute, but the difference in UR power seems odd to me compared with new Rares.
2. The ability of some Focus Items to affect Polymorph Damage and others (usually for Wizard) that do not affect it at all. Druid and Wizards both Polymorph, I feel they should both get the same Polymorph benefits from any item labeled Focus or that has the Focus affect.

My Suggestion is as follows at some point in the future:
1. Print new Rare Ring of Focus which grants +1 Heal/Spell/Polymorph, Special Exchange: older UR Ring of Focus for new UR +2 Ring of Focus (no Reprint), Special Exchange Relic Ring of Greater Focus for new +4 Ring of Focus (No Reprint Can keep old Name), Special Exchange Relsa's Ring of Supreme Focus for new +6 Ring of Focus (Can keep old Name)
2. Errata All Past, Current, and Future Focus items to affect Polymorph, otherwise there's a lot more Reprint Suggestions coming...

This would give a small damage boost to Wizards that they are asking for without completely re-inventing the wheel, maybe coax them into using polymorph more often, and give healers a little bump at the same time for those big damage runs, or to help keep the MEC wiz alive. Also, it gives Red level wizards a Focus Ring and brings the Rare and Transmute chain in line with the numbers on the AC rings.
What are you Token About?
Picks up Cog: "I'm Immune to Cow Attacks??!" Jeff: "Trust me, You'll want to hold on to that"
Dougout's Trade Thread
Token Facts: tokendb.com
TD Volunteering: tdvols.com
TD Events: td.events

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 12 hours ago #140

Iross wrote:

Lord of Mistakes wrote: I'd like to see the Assassin's Crossbow added to the reprint list.
It's been a long time, and it is a very sought after token.


Perhaps this might be better a few years down the line? Nightshade's Throwing Dagger is currently available as a PYP and does a very similar job to Assassin's Crossbow.


Assassin's Crossbow works for RangedSA with either the Lenses of Vital Insight or the Lenses of Dexterity.
Nightshade's Throwing Daggers have it baked in*

On average the Assassin's Crossbow is dealing more than Nightshade's with the x3 Damage on Crit, it also has 2 6's to trigger the Assassin Class's Special Ability. And it doesn't need a standard action (1rnd of combat) to be picked up between uses. (is this even a thing outside of Grind? Player Handbook says 1 Use per combat only)

But, yes, it should be a couple years yet before we get a reprint since the Daggers just came out. Maybe we could get an Assassin's Short Bow sooner? Functionally the same, but different damage wheel. What about a Kunai.... hmmm....
What are you Token About?
Picks up Cog: "I'm Immune to Cow Attacks??!" Jeff: "Trust me, You'll want to hold on to that"
Dougout's Trade Thread
Token Facts: tokendb.com
TD Volunteering: tdvols.com
TD Events: td.events

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dougout.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 12 hours ago #141

Dougout wrote:

Iross wrote:

Lord of Mistakes wrote: I'd like to see the Assassin's Crossbow added to the reprint list.
It's been a long time, and it is a very sought after token.


Perhaps this might be better a few years down the line? Nightshade's Throwing Dagger is currently available as a PYP and does a very similar job to Assassin's Crossbow.


Assassin's Crossbow works for RangedSA with either the Lenses of Vital Insight or the Lenses of Dexterity.
Nightshade's Throwing Daggers can only RangedSA with Lenses of Vital Insight

On average the Assassin's Crossbow is dealing more than Nightshade's with the x3 Damage on Crit, it also has 2 6's to trigger the Assassin Class's Special Ability. And it doesn't need a standard action (1rnd of combat) to be picked up between uses.

But, yes, it should be a couple years yet before we get a reprint since the Daggers just came out. Maybe we could get an Assassin's Short Bow sooner? Functionally the same, but different damage wheel. What about a Kunai.... hmmm....


Would agree being similar if dagger was returning. Otherwise, dagger is usable 1/room and crossbow every turn in a room.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 2 weeks 11 hours ago #142

edwin wrote:

Dougout wrote:

Iross wrote:

Lord of Mistakes wrote: I'd like to see the Assassin's Crossbow added to the reprint list.
It's been a long time, and it is a very sought after token.


Perhaps this might be better a few years down the line? Nightshade's Throwing Dagger is currently available as a PYP and does a very similar job to Assassin's Crossbow.


Assassin's Crossbow works for RangedSA with either the Lenses of Vital Insight or the Lenses of Dexterity.
Nightshade's Throwing Daggers can only RangedSA with Lenses of Vital Insight

On average the Assassin's Crossbow is dealing more than Nightshade's with the x3 Damage on Crit, it also has 2 6's to trigger the Assassin Class's Special Ability. And it doesn't need a standard action (1rnd of combat) to be picked up between uses.

But, yes, it should be a couple years yet before we get a reprint since the Daggers just came out. Maybe we could get an Assassin's Short Bow sooner? Functionally the same, but different damage wheel. What about a Kunai.... hmmm....


Would agree being similar if dagger was returning. Otherwise, dagger is usable 1/room and crossbow every turn in a room.


Nightshade's Throwing Dagger has an in-built ability to ranged SA with it, you don't need to equip Lenses of Vital Insight.

It has the same number of 6's on it as the Assassin's Crossbow to trigger Assassinate. The special icon is counted as a 6 even while Sneak Attacking.

You can carry two copies of it to Sneak Attack with it twice (assuming you have two SAs), weapons are non-unique in TD and you can switch weapons as a free action during combat.

It is a one-handed throwing weapon so benefits from incidental STR bonuses from things like Orb of Might, the new Arcanum shirt and RoSP. It's only out-damaged by the crossbow on the highest end builds where your ranged damage bonus is around 20 or higher, and even then comes with the nice bonus of you getting to equip Lenses of the Fae instead of Lenses of Agility.

Nightshade's +2 Throwing Dagger is really, really good.
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current build: tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/54550c58-0964-4b14-af03-5c485ca2ef70

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Iross.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 1 week 6 days ago #143

Iross wrote:

edwin wrote:

Dougout wrote:

Iross wrote:

Lord of Mistakes wrote: I'd like to see the Assassin's Crossbow added to the reprint list.
It's been a long time, and it is a very sought after token.


Perhaps this might be better a few years down the line? Nightshade's Throwing Dagger is currently available as a PYP and does a very similar job to Assassin's Crossbow.


Assassin's Crossbow works for RangedSA with either the Lenses of Vital Insight or the Lenses of Dexterity.
Nightshade's Throwing Daggers can only RangedSA with Lenses of Vital Insight

On average the Assassin's Crossbow is dealing more than Nightshade's with the x3 Damage on Crit, it also has 2 6's to trigger the Assassin Class's Special Ability. And it doesn't need a standard action (1rnd of combat) to be picked up between uses.

But, yes, it should be a couple years yet before we get a reprint since the Daggers just came out. Maybe we could get an Assassin's Short Bow sooner? Functionally the same, but different damage wheel. What about a Kunai.... hmmm....


Would agree being similar if dagger was returning. Otherwise, dagger is usable 1/room and crossbow every turn in a room.


Nightshade's Throwing Dagger has an in-built ability to ranged SA with it, you don't need to equip Lenses of Vital Insight.

It has the same number of 6's on it as the Assassin's Crossbow to trigger Assassinate. The special icon is counted as a 6 even while Sneak Attacking.

You can carry two copies of it to Sneak Attack with it twice (assuming you have two SAs), weapons are non-unique in TD and you can switch weapons as a free action during combat.

It is a one-handed throwing weapon so benefits from incidental STR bonuses from things like Orb of Might, the new Arcanum shirt and RoSP. It's only out-damaged by the crossbow on the highest end builds where your ranged damage bonus is around 20 or higher, and even then comes with the nice bonus of you getting to equip Lenses of the Fae instead of Lenses of Agility.

Nightshade's +2 Throwing Dagger is really, really good.


I Just realized I keep calling the Lenses of Agility Lenses of Dex... haha carry on.

Also, thank you for the clarification... I didn't realize N's+2TD allowed ranged sneak baked in, as I hadn't fully read the TokendB... I assumed it would be printed on the token. Yeah, I would like 2 please. haha
What are you Token About?
Picks up Cog: "I'm Immune to Cow Attacks??!" Jeff: "Trust me, You'll want to hold on to that"
Dougout's Trade Thread
Token Facts: tokendb.com
TD Volunteering: tdvols.com
TD Events: td.events

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dougout.

Re-Print Suggestions for all Rarities 1 week 6 days ago #144

Dougout wrote:

Iross wrote:

edwin wrote:

Dougout wrote:

Iross wrote:

Lord of Mistakes wrote: I'd like to see the Assassin's Crossbow added to the reprint list.
It's been a long time, and it is a very sought after token.


Perhaps this might be better a few years down the line? Nightshade's Throwing Dagger is currently available as a PYP and does a very similar job to Assassin's Crossbow.


Assassin's Crossbow works for RangedSA with either the Lenses of Vital Insight or the Lenses of Dexterity.
Nightshade's Throwing Daggers can only RangedSA with Lenses of Vital Insight

On average the Assassin's Crossbow is dealing more than Nightshade's with the x3 Damage on Crit, it also has 2 6's to trigger the Assassin Class's Special Ability. And it doesn't need a standard action (1rnd of combat) to be picked up between uses.

But, yes, it should be a couple years yet before we get a reprint since the Daggers just came out. Maybe we could get an Assassin's Short Bow sooner? Functionally the same, but different damage wheel. What about a Kunai.... hmmm....


Would agree being similar if dagger was returning. Otherwise, dagger is usable 1/room and crossbow every turn in a room.


Nightshade's Throwing Dagger has an in-built ability to ranged SA with it, you don't need to equip Lenses of Vital Insight.

It has the same number of 6's on it as the Assassin's Crossbow to trigger Assassinate. The special icon is counted as a 6 even while Sneak Attacking.

You can carry two copies of it to Sneak Attack with it twice (assuming you have two SAs), weapons are non-unique in TD and you can switch weapons as a free action during combat.

It is a one-handed throwing weapon so benefits from incidental STR bonuses from things like Orb of Might, the new Arcanum shirt and RoSP. It's only out-damaged by the crossbow on the highest end builds where your ranged damage bonus is around 20 or higher, and even then comes with the nice bonus of you getting to equip Lenses of the Fae instead of Lenses of Agility.

Nightshade's +2 Throwing Dagger is really, really good.


I Just realized I keep calling the Lenses of Agility Lenses of Dex... haha carry on.

Also, thank you for the clarification... I didn't realize N's+2TD allowed ranged sneak baked in, as I hadn't fully read the TokendB... I assumed it would be printed on the token. Yeah, I would like 2 please. haha


I didn't even notice you'd called it that either, clearly that must how we think of it :laugh: I keep meaning to write an in-depth look at the Throwing Dagger and other weapons to leave in The Rogues' Gallery as a reference and point of comparison, but to be honest have been procrastinating and still not done it. I need to at least give myself a good kick into doing it before physical events start bringing in more new players.
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current build: tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/54550c58-0964-4b14-af03-5c485ca2ef70

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Iross.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds