Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: First time Gamehole Con advice

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #25

BeLinda Mathie wrote: Being as organized as possible will make things easy for the transmute volunteers and will get you your tokens faster.

QFT!!
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #26

BeLinda Mathie wrote:

Jeff Greene wrote: This will be my first time transmuting tokens at an event. How fast is the turnaround? Asking another way, if I first need to transmute trade goods in order to have the materials to then transmute relics, will there be time for both during the Con?


I agree with Jamie. You should be fine to get it done during the con, and might even be able to do two turnarounds in one day. Being as organized as possible will make things easy for the transmute volunteers and will get you your tokens faster.


If you also have a lot of bulk trade goods to transmute, here is what I suggest:
1. Prepare a transmute order of the minimum required to make the other transmutes (ie. You are short 1 aragonite and 1 elven bismuth, prepare a small order with only those two in it).
2. Have the rest of your bulk trade goods on a form for just them, these can be set back and they will work on throughout the weekend.
3. The important/bigger transmutes. Ready to go once you drop in the items from #1. Being a small order of higher priority transmutes, it can get pushed forward in line ahead of the bulk trade goods.
this is not a signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #27

kurtreznor wrote: If you also have a lot of bulk trade goods to transmute, here is what I suggest:
1. Prepare a transmute order of the minimum required to make the other transmutes (ie. You are short 1 aragonite and 1 elven bismuth, prepare a small order with only those two in it).
2. Have the rest of your bulk trade goods on a form for just them, these can be set back and they will work on throughout the weekend.
3. The important/bigger transmutes. Ready to go once you drop in the items from #1. Being a small order of higher priority transmutes, it can get pushed forward in line ahead of the bulk trade goods.


Excellent advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #28

The cool dude that puts on GHC for us all is part owner in two local restaurants. Maybe make the drive on your bummer nights?

http://freehousepub.com/The Free House Pub

http://www.flyinghoundpub.com/Flying Hound Pub

I am sure he'd appreciate the patronage -- especially given the effect of COVID over the past 18 months.

BTW, the food is great at both places! The atmosphere at the Free House is extra cool.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #30

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1619
Between the riots on state street and COVID a lot of restaurants downtown have closed or shifted. Generally speaking don't assume your favorite place is there anymore IE Hopcat closed etc. Also with foreseeable future for mask mandates and capacity restrictions always call ahead to make sure they are open, don't trust the websites. That being said GrubHub and eatstreet are wildly populated for delivery. That being said there are several restaurants that offer heated outdoor dining during the fall/winter if that's your thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #31

Jeff Martin wrote: The cool dude that puts on GHC for us all is part owner in two local restaurants. Maybe make the drive on your bummer nights?

I'm assuming you meant "buffer" here, but now I'm greatly amused at the thought of the OP walking into these joints saying "yeah, I'm really having a bummer of a night so this Jeff guy recommended I come here".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Allen John.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #32

macxdmg wrote: Get the local beer, I forget the name, they don’t ship it out of the state though so get it early and enjoy.

Two women and cow something.

Two major assumptions, you drink, and you drink beer.


New Glarus Spotted Cow (not my fave thing they make, but I LOVE their fruit stuff)...is my guess here :)
We're actually talking about making a trip to the actual brewery while we're there this year. (also looks like others beat me to the ID :) )
~Rebecca

The Dragon's Horde aka our tokens for sale/trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=253588

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dragon6483.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #33

Does GHC have an Games Library where you can check out games for open play?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 3 weeks ago #34

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10241

Jeff Greene wrote: Does GHC have an Games Library where you can check out games for open play?

They did last year. I don't know any thing about except that it exist.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 2 weeks ago #35

So, I'm all signed up to play True Dungeon at Gamehole Con!
Just one question. What's Gamehole Con? In other words, thanks for this thread.
I guess I'll start by reading their website.

My GenCon experience started very much in the same manner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First time Gamehole Con advice 1 month 2 weeks ago #36

dancingmagician wrote: So, I'm all signed up to play True Dungeon at Gamehole Con!
Just one question. What's Gamehole Con? In other words, thanks for this thread.
I guess I'll start by reading their website.

My GenCon experience started very much in the same manner.


Lol. For starters, GHC is way, way smaller than GenCon. The badges and hotels cost less. And there’s free parking in the lot surrounding the convention center. That about covers it. :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds