Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #25

kurtreznor wrote: Mad evoker charm went back to the not-clear version: does 1/room apply only to the mage power/free action effect? Can you pay life multiple times to boost spell damage?


On tokens when two effects have different duration or frequencies the effects are normally separated by an ampersand.

For example Cleric Relic Sacred Necklace says:

"May cast 2nd-lvl Spells or Resore Spell as Free Actions & may heal a target ally to full hp-even if that character is dead (1/game)"

Which we all understand to restrict the resurrection ability to 1/game but not the 2nd level spells as free actions ability.

It seems to me that the entire MeC power, whether or not it triggers the Mage Power threshold, may be used only 1/room.

I've been wrong before though about how to interpret a token....
Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #26

Matthew Hayward wrote: I think the Death Knight Armor could be toned down to +8 AC, +2 STR and still be very desirable.

Compare with Rare Powered Plate Mail: +7 AC and +1 to melee damage. (Cleric, Fighters & Paladin)

UR Death Knight Armor gets you +1 AC and +1 to melee hit.

As it is it's only 1 AC less than Redoubt Plate which had a -2 reflex drawback and didn't include +2 STR (although was part of a 3 piece set with a +2 STR, +5 HP bonus).


Luck Plate is +9 AC with a rare lvl attribute
Death Knight is +9 AC with a rare lvl attribute effectively "of Oger Power", but more class restrictive.
Redoubt Plate is +10 AC with a down side, but part of a set, and with a upgrade path that removed the downside.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #27

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: I think the Death Knight Armor could be toned down to +8 AC, +2 STR and still be very desirable.

Compare with Rare Powered Plate Mail: +7 AC and +1 to melee damage. (Cleric, Fighters & Paladin)

UR gets you +1 AC and +1 to melee hit.

As it is it's only 1 AC less than Redoubt Plate which had a -2 reflex drawback and didn't include +2 STR (although was part of a set bonus).


anyone else worried about a +2STR platemail coming the same year as +3 STR boots AND +4 STR gloves?


It's really interesting that the first iteration of the 2021 tokens (L&L) had 0 STR boosting tokens, and ended up with 3x.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob Chasan
My Elemental build
My trade list
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #28

New armor is too strong.

Relic level Blessed Redoubt Plate is +11 AC, no strength bonus. Death Knight is +9 AC and +2 strength. Which is worth more, 2 AC or 2 strength? Most would say strength which makes the UR more powerful then a pricy Relic.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein
Last edit: by Rob F.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #29

Graven wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: I think the Death Knight Armor could be toned down to +8 AC, +2 STR and still be very desirable.

Compare with Rare Powered Plate Mail: +7 AC and +1 to melee damage. (Cleric, Fighters & Paladin)

UR Death Knight Armor gets you +1 AC and +1 to melee hit.

As it is it's only 1 AC less than Redoubt Plate which had a -2 reflex drawback and didn't include +2 STR (although was part of a 3 piece set with a +2 STR, +5 HP bonus).


Luck Plate is +9 AC with a rare lvl attribute
Death Knight is +9 AC with a rare lvl attribute effectively "of Oger Power", but more class restrictive.
Redoubt Plate is +10 AC with a down side, but part of a set, and with a upgrade path that removed the downside.


+1 to saves is not a rare level attribute, its an uncommon level attribute (+1 cloak of resistance)

A rare level attribute would be +1 to saves and AC (shadow cloak), and if you assume that is what is getting tacked onto lucky plate it's base AC would be +8.

Also, STR > saves, and waist or hands slot > back slot, in most situations.

It's fine either way ultimately - but I think this is unambiguously the best UR armor printed for the classes that can wear it. Making it +8 AC would at least make it debatable.
Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #30

Arnold wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: I think the Death Knight Armor could be toned down to +8 AC, +2 STR and still be very desirable.

Compare with Rare Powered Plate Mail: +7 AC and +1 to melee damage. (Cleric, Fighters & Paladin)

UR gets you +1 AC and +1 to melee hit.

As it is it's only 1 AC less than Redoubt Plate which had a -2 reflex drawback and didn't include +2 STR (although was part of a set bonus).


anyone else worried about a +2STR platemail coming the same year as +3 STR boots AND +4 STR gloves?


It's really interesting that the first iteration of the 2021 tokens (L&L) had 0 STR boosting tokens, and ended up with 3x.


Vox populi, vox Dei.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #31

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Arnold wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote: I think the Death Knight Armor could be toned down to +8 AC, +2 STR and still be very desirable.

Compare with Rare Powered Plate Mail: +7 AC and +1 to melee damage. (Cleric, Fighters & Paladin)

UR gets you +1 AC and +1 to melee hit.

As it is it's only 1 AC less than Redoubt Plate which had a -2 reflex drawback and didn't include +2 STR (although was part of a set bonus).


anyone else worried about a +2STR platemail coming the same year as +3 STR boots AND +4 STR gloves?


It's really interesting that the first iteration of the 2021 tokens (L&L) had 0 STR boosting tokens, and ended up with 3x.


Vox populi, vox Dei.


duzhmata, duzhushta, duzhvarshta
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #32

I don't really think that's it in this case. The only one of the STR items folks were really asking for were the gloves.

Folks were asking for UR boots, but not necessarily for them to be STR.

Jeff was probably trying to balance out all the caster stuff with some melee items. For me at least, they're not all that useful. Armor is class-limited. Boots are still 2nd to Eldritch. Don't see myself ditching gloves of the brute for the functional reprint (although I know others might).

Edit: Not trying to downplay their usefulness to others.
Last edit: by Daniel White.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #33

I understand not wanting to have too many reprints in a single set, but like others have already posted I'm really disappointed to see Earcuff of Orbits removed, especially from a set which includes both a new TE Ioun Stone and a +10HP Ioun Stone. The Death Knight Armor is great for the two classes which can equip it, but it's replacing an UR which lots of people really want and which is equippable by all classes, on the basis that another token has been added to the set which is only equippable by Wizards. Thanks for all your hard work and I am really looking forward to the set overall, just very disappointed that such an important token isn't going to be included.
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current build: tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/54550c58-0964-4b14-af03-5c485ca2ef70
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #34

Iross wrote: I understand not wanting to have too many reprints in a single set, but like others have already posted I'm really disappointed to see Earcuff of Orbits removed, especially from a set which includes both a new TE Ioun Stone and a +10HP Ioun Stone. The Death Knight Armor is great for the two classes which can equip it,


3 classes: Cleric, Dwarf Fighter, Fighter.

but it's replacing an UR which lots of people really want and which is equippable by all classes, on the basis that another token has been added to the set which is only equippable by Wizards


MeC is taking the slot from Jinn's Spellbook / Magebook Amulet. Not from Orbits. Orbits was in the last cut and so was MeC.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #35

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Iross wrote: but it's replacing an UR which lots of people really want and which is equippable by all classes, on the basis that another token has been added to the set which is only equippable by Wizards


MeC is taking the slot from Jinn's Spellbook / Magebook Amulet. Not from Orbits. Orbits was in the last cut and so was MeC.


Jeff's explanation in the first post says he removed orbits because of MEC. Evidently he felt it was one reprint too many. I think it was fine.

So...I thought it was best to wait until next year for the Earcuff of Orbits...what with the re-printing of the Mad Evoker's Charm.

Last edit: by Daniel White.
The topic has been locked.

SUPER Final Ultra Rare Images <Last Chance! 1 month 2 weeks ago #36

Jeff, if the once per room restriction applies to all of MEC abilities (not just the FA portion), maybe rephrase this way for clarity:

Mage Power: For every 1 HP you channel into a spell, gain 1 pt of dmg to a dmg spell being cast. If 15+ HP is being spent, you also cast it as a Free Action. (1/Room)

Also for clarity, on the Transmuted tokens you could just refer to it as MEC Mage Power, not MEC FA Mage Power, because it won't be FA if less than 15 points HP is spent on it.
Last edit: by Mike Steele.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.821 seconds