Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback

2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback 1 month 3 weeks ago #61

Flik wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: I'm sure my group will have a legendary eventually.

I love the idea of being able to cast spells as a FA on the relic, and being able to use restore spell/power as a FA on the legendary (or vice versa). Ultimately I like the Cleric as a "how do I want to best help the party?" character.

Let them cast bless, prayer, heals, Spiritual Hammer, Searing light, turn undead, RP, and RS as *either* a FA or SA.

Attacks are always a SA, of course.

Divine intervention feels and sounds better than Holy Smite, but that's probably because I want a paladin to do that.


Just want to point out that in this version restore power and spell are no longer free actions.


I'm hoping to change that, to give Clerics even more options.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 
The topic has been locked.

2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback 1 month 3 weeks ago #62

Oh definitely. The legendary needs at least if you're going to add in an extra use of both.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback 1 month 3 weeks ago #63

Just my 1 1/2 on this...

I miss the original Divine Intervention but did feel too powerful.

Holy Smite just sounds like something a pally would do (my favorite original and now fall-back class to play)

I do like how it has been changed, however... but in fairness I only play cleric if there is no healer and party thinks we really need one...
The topic has been locked.

2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback 1 month 3 weeks ago #64

In my opinion I really preferred what we were seeing in phase two from Rare through Legendary. I thought enabling RP/RS a free action at Rare was a great decision. My concern now is the rare may well be a new Cleric's first token and they will be super pumped until they learn exactly how their healing bonus works on AoE heals.

I loved the amount of flexibility and trade offs having a small pool of four spells as free actions. You could use them for clutch heals while doing other actions, saving the party through two heals, attack and restore a spell, or even trading one of the heals for a Harm spell to add more damage to finish off a monster as a few examples. It really let you tailor your experience to what your party needs at the time. It also gave a second Bless and third Prayer so you could keep those up in more important combats.

I think what I miss most is Harm. I loved the thought of what I could do with that a few times per game. No one would suspect the Cleric could pull something like that out of their hat!
Last edit: by James Bennett.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback 1 month 3 weeks ago #65

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Away
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1538
I really just dislike things that take combat dms out of their Grove and instead of looking for the damage closest to the dot they have to look at damage wheels for the highest which will honestly slow them down. Again I hate using a power that slows down the DM and less combat. He has to figure out what's the new crit range and figure out all the doubling as well but hey can you actually crit that thing do you have X item. It's just again I feel bad using it and blerg.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback 1 month 3 weeks ago #66

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5994

James Bennett wrote: In my opinion I really preferred what we were seeing in phase two from Rare through Legendary. I thought enabling RP/RS a free action at Rare was a great decision. My concern now is the rare may well be a new Cleric's first token and they will be super pumped until they learn exactly how their healing bonus works on AoE heals.

I loved the amount of flexibility and trade offs having a small pool of four spells as free actions. You could use them for clutch heals while doing other actions, saving the party through two heals, attack and restore a spell, or even trading one of the heals for a Harm spell to add more damage to finish off a monster as a few examples. It really let you tailor your experience to what your party needs at the time. It also gave a second Bless and third Prayer so you could keep those up in more important combats.

I think what I miss most is Harm. I loved the thought of what I could do with that a few times per game. No one would suspect the Cleric could pull something like that out of their hat!


I would tend to agree, I was excited about the possibility of having my cleric do more then wait around for people to take damage. Being able to harm as well as heal and having an extra pool of spells to fuel it (to me at least) sounds awesome, choices matter and all that, but I've never considered myself a cleric of the strictly Pelor persuasion.

As is the relic at least has gone from must have to I'm probably gonna pass entirely. Casting healing spells as free actions doesn't seem very needed outside of say room 7 and the big heal (aka undo push damage once) is very close to what the rare pendant does. I'm sorry if I'm missing something but in all honesty the more I think about the more underwhelmed I am by the relic. The legendary is ok, it does stuff, but at the relic level I think there are a couple red necks I would rather have over this.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”
Last edit: by Picc.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback 1 month 3 weeks ago #67

Picc wrote:

James Bennett wrote: In my opinion I really preferred what we were seeing in phase two from Rare through Legendary. I thought enabling RP/RS a free action at Rare was a great decision. My concern now is the rare may well be a new Cleric's first token and they will be super pumped until they learn exactly how their healing bonus works on AoE heals.

I loved the amount of flexibility and trade offs having a small pool of four spells as free actions. You could use them for clutch heals while doing other actions, saving the party through two heals, attack and restore a spell, or even trading one of the heals for a Harm spell to add more damage to finish off a monster as a few examples. It really let you tailor your experience to what your party needs at the time. It also gave a second Bless and third Prayer so you could keep those up in more important combats.

I think what I miss most is Harm. I loved the thought of what I could do with that a few times per game. No one would suspect the Cleric could pull something like that out of their hat!


I would tend to agree, I was excited about the possibility of having my cleric do more then wait around for people to take damage. Being able to harm as well as heal and having an extra pool of spells to fuel it (to me at least) sounds awesome, choices matter and all that, but I've never considered myself a cleric of the strictly Pelor persuasion.

As is the relic at least has gone from must have to I'm probably gonna pass entirely. Casting healing spells as free actions doesn't seem very needed outside of say room 7 and the big heal (aka undo push damage once) is very close to what the rare pendant does. I'm sorry if I'm missing something but in all honesty the more I think about the more underwhelmed I am by the relic. The legendary is ok, it does stuff, but at the relic level I think there are a couple red necks I would rather have over this.

IMO, the FA cast has little to do with healing, and everything to do about contributing something like a slide the round you cast prayer, or getting prayer and bless out round one without using RoSS.

A mass cure means the bard isn’t doing all the healing work cleaning up after 60 points of puzzle damage.

The upgrade to legendary is really the tricky part for me. Since I rarely cast restore power, and restore spell gets given to the bard out of combat, it’s probably powerful but fairly... uninteresting? Holy smite isn’t bad, and neither was divine intervention, but nether also say, wow, I REALLY want that either.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback 1 month 3 weeks ago #68

Same thoughts on the relic and legendary as endgame.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Cleric Relic & Legendary Feedback 1 month 3 weeks ago #69

Endgame wrote:

Picc wrote:

James Bennett wrote: In my opinion I really preferred what we were seeing in phase two from Rare through Legendary. I thought enabling RP/RS a free action at Rare was a great decision. My concern now is the rare may well be a new Cleric's first token and they will be super pumped until they learn exactly how their healing bonus works on AoE heals.

I loved the amount of flexibility and trade offs having a small pool of four spells as free actions. You could use them for clutch heals while doing other actions, saving the party through two heals, attack and restore a spell, or even trading one of the heals for a Harm spell to add more damage to finish off a monster as a few examples. It really let you tailor your experience to what your party needs at the time. It also gave a second Bless and third Prayer so you could keep those up in more important combats.

I think what I miss most is Harm. I loved the thought of what I could do with that a few times per game. No one would suspect the Cleric could pull something like that out of their hat!


I would tend to agree, I was excited about the possibility of having my cleric do more then wait around for people to take damage. Being able to harm as well as heal and having an extra pool of spells to fuel it (to me at least) sounds awesome, choices matter and all that, but I've never considered myself a cleric of the strictly Pelor persuasion.

As is the relic at least has gone from must have to I'm probably gonna pass entirely. Casting healing spells as free actions doesn't seem very needed outside of say room 7 and the big heal (aka undo push damage once) is very close to what the rare pendant does. I'm sorry if I'm missing something but in all honesty the more I think about the more underwhelmed I am by the relic. The legendary is ok, it does stuff, but at the relic level I think there are a couple red necks I would rather have over this.

IMO, the FA cast has little to do with healing, and everything to do about contributing something like a slide the round you cast prayer, or getting prayer and bless out round one without using RoSS.

A mass cure means the bard isn’t doing all the healing work cleaning up after 60 points of puzzle damage.

The upgrade to legendary is really the tricky part for me. Since I rarely cast restore power, and restore spell gets given to the bard out of combat, it’s probably powerful but fairly... uninteresting? Holy smite isn’t bad, and neither was divine intervention, but nether also say, wow, I REALLY want that either.


True, I had intended to highlight a free cast Prayer and forgot it. When Restore Spell/Power were free actions in the second iteration they were more interesting to me since they unlocked interesting possibilities while not detracting from the ability to participate in combat.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds