Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2021 Light Blue Transmutes

2021 Light Blue Transmutes 6 months 2 days ago #25

Since we already changed Greater Ring of Fortitude to Ring of Stamina last year, I think we should change the Greater Ring of Reflexes to Ring of Agility (+2 Dex) with a transmute cost similar to this year's ring.

Bump all 3 Greater Ring of {Save} to the next time we reprint the rares.
Forum Name: Milambus
Real Name: Jake Fitch
Main Class: Monk
The topic has been locked.

2021 Light Blue Transmutes 6 months 2 days ago #26

Milambus (Jake) wrote: Since we already changed Greater Ring of Fortitude to Ring of Stamina last year, I think we should change the Greater Ring of Reflexes to Ring of Agility (+2 Dex) with a transmute cost similar to this year's ring.

Bump all 3 Greater Ring of {Save} to the next time we reprint the rares.


I would really prefer not seeing this happen. I'm not sure there's much market for a plain +2 Dex ring.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Light Blue Transmutes 6 months 2 days ago #27

James Bennett wrote:

Milambus (Jake) wrote: Since we already changed Greater Ring of Fortitude to Ring of Stamina last year, I think we should change the Greater Ring of Reflexes to Ring of Agility (+2 Dex) with a transmute cost similar to this year's ring.

Bump all 3 Greater Ring of {Save} to the next time we reprint the rares.


I would really prefer not seeing this happen. I'm not sure there's much market for a plain +2 Dex ring.

As someone who argued against the +6 Fort upgrade path last year, the +6 Reflex path this year seems much better. My reasons, looking at tokens 4* level and below:
- There are four real low Fort save classes: Bard, Rogue, and (Elf) Wizard
- Those classes really appreciate the extra HP as much as the extra saves
- Bard and (Elf) Wizard can stack +Con/-Str items with little negative effect, which already boosts Fort
- Bracers of the Toad are a thing
- So, +Con was just as useful at the 4* level

Compare to low Reflex saves.
- There are 7 low Ref classes: Barb, Cleric, Druid, (Dwarf) Fighter, (Elf) Wizard
- Some of those classes are less likely to stack +Dex than the low Fort classes are to stack +Con, since there's a direct trade off between Dex and Str
- Same with +Reflex boots that directly conflict with Shocking Step
- Shield of the Stag is a thing, but again a trade off (Defender's, Bliss Bull)
- So, a single slot +6 Reflex is probably more in demand here
Last edit: by Marc D.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Light Blue Transmutes 6 months 2 days ago #28

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: I may have missed this but did we confirm the Tankard is slotless?


Good question...slotless.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.

2021 Light Blue Transmutes 6 months 2 days ago #29

Jeff Martin wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: I may have missed this but did we confirm the Tankard is slotless?


Good question...slotless.


10 HP feels like a pallet full of HP for that effect at slotless. On a 3* as well. Charm of Timely Aid triggered 4x as often, but for the same HP and occupies a slot.

Being a 3*, many people are just going to craft boat loads and makes sure the whole party has one equipped. In a party of 10 adventurers, it's likely this will never be forgotten by everyone.

On a side note: at least while playing VTD, the party can actually celebrate with "beverages"
The topic has been locked.

2021 Light Blue Transmutes 6 months 2 days ago #30

Matthew Galambus wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote:

SnakeEyes (Eric) wrote: I may have missed this but did we confirm the Tankard is slotless?


Good question...slotless.


10 HP feels like a pallet full of HP for that effect at slotless. On a 3* as well. Charm of Timely Aid triggered 4x as often, but for the same HP and occupies a slot.

Being a 3*, many people are just going to craft boat loads and makes sure the whole party has one equipped. In a party of 10 adventurers, it's likely this will never be forgotten by everyone.

On a side note: at least while playing VTD, the party can actually celebrate with "beverages"


You've got a 1 in 20 chance of it happening. Meaning your average player may get it to trigger once every couple years. For hardcore forumites that do a ton of runs, it'll still probably only trigger once per con/weekend. And odds say that 1/3 of those cases will be at the start of combat 1, when people likely won't need 10 HP.

Slotless is probably ok.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Light Blue Transmutes 6 months 2 days ago #31

Matthew Galambus wrote: On a side note: at least while playing VTD, the party can actually celebrate with "beverages"


Yes!
Turn 03: You purchase a dagger, bow and two potions.
Shopkeep: "If your looking to earn gold you should speak to the Cleric, she may have need of someone with your skills."
╔═════════╗
║ (ᴗ ͜ʖ ᴗ) ║
║[℧] ║
║  ║
╚════  ═══╝
[Shop: Spellbook 5gp]

Options:
[Find Cleric][Leave Town][Other]

[HP: 5][Inventory: 0GP, Rum, †(Dagger), €(Bow), 2x(♥)]

Want to control the story? rules here
The topic has been locked.

2021 Light Blue Transmutes 6 months 2 days ago #32

As a regular Drunken Dwarf fighter, I'd be prone to craft a slotless tankard no matter what it does.

Regarding the ring debate, personally I'd be more interested in REF than DEX. I stack retribution damaage, so I don't actively want to hike my AC too high, but I am interested in compensating for my low reflex save.
~Meta: Don't worry, it is perfectly "safe" to follow the drunken dwarf into the dungeon!
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds