Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2021 Common Feedback

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #25

Endgame wrote:

ponyboy wrote: But why? It's a 1/room ranged weapon.

A throwing hammer is also a 1/room ranged weapon. It also has a hand icon.


Those hammers are melee until thrown, and then they don't return without help.

These are single use guns that can't be reloaded during combat. They don't stack with additional Gnomish Cannons.

I don't understand the confusion or what text on the token would make that clear.

Maybe the boss should make them consumable like the Obsidian Dagger?
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #26

ponyboy wrote:

Endgame wrote:

ponyboy wrote: But why? It's a 1/room ranged weapon.

A throwing hammer is also a 1/room ranged weapon. It also has a hand icon.


Those hammers are melee until thrown, and then they don't return without help.

These are single use guns that can't be reloaded during combat. They don't stack with additional Gnomish Cannons.

I don't understand the confusion or what text on the token would make that clear.

Maybe the boss should make them consumable like the Obsidian Dagger?


Or maybe just add text like "Player cannot use other Gnomish Cannons in same room"
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #27

Graven wrote: Graphics feedback:
Would it work to add a common color to the goblin gear, to tie them together style wise? Here's some with a sickly yellow/brownish-green.


I like the Goblin-coloured gear. nice touch, Graven. It'd be easier for Coaches to pick out, for purposes of calculating bonuses (for example, if using the UC Goblin Shield, with a Goblin Weapon).

I hope Jeff gives it consideration.
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #28

Fiddy wrote:

ponyboy wrote:

Endgame wrote:

ponyboy wrote: But why? It's a 1/room ranged weapon.

A throwing hammer is also a 1/room ranged weapon. It also has a hand icon.


Those hammers are melee until thrown, and then they don't return without help.

These are single use guns that can't be reloaded during combat. They don't stack with additional Gnomish Cannons.

I don't understand the confusion or what text on the token would make that clear.

Maybe the boss should make them consumable like the Obsidian Dagger?


Or maybe just add text like "Player cannot use other Gnomish Cannons in same room"

Givien the “It’s equipped” comment, after you fire, can you switch to a throwing hammer from this set? If not, can you throw the hammer first, then pull out the gun? Is the intent to be a even more limited heavy crossbow? If it’s not clear here, it’s not going to be clear during runs.
Last edit: by Endgame.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #29

Raven wrote:

Graven wrote: Graphics feedback:
Would it work to add a common color to the goblin gear, to tie them together style wise? Here's some with a sickly yellow/brownish-green.


I like the Goblin-coloured gear. nice touch, Graven. It'd be easier for Coaches to pick out, for purposes of calculating bonuses (for example, if using the UC Goblin Shield, with a Goblin Weapon).

I hope Jeff gives it consideration.


Maybe do the same (with different color) for the Dwarven items?
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #30

I would like to suggest that the Dwarven Brewer’s vest get :

+1 damage to Dwarven melee weapons

I see the common armors s as a continuum - they start at 4 ac, then drop ac as they add extra benefits. I like the 2ac armor having an awesome benefit.

Internal synergy at commons is awesome, and gives players a reason to maybe buy a few packs and have fun with character building that is very achievable since it’s based on commons

This also means I would also like to see a change to the gnomish 2ac Armor. In this case, I would suggest making it 3ac and -1 darkrift Damage (darkrift seems like it may be a Damage theme this year). This change would make the two gnomish armors the same power level (3ac +side benefit), so to speak, but they would still be different. Perhaps a player wants to stack darkrift or shock damage reduction and switching their common armor could do that got them till they got a higher class of armor.
Last edit: by Endgame.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #31

Endgame wrote: I would like to suggest that the Dwarven Brewer’s vest get :

+1 damage to Dwarven melee weapons

I see the common armors s as a continuum - they start at 4 ac, then drop ac as they add extra benefits. I like the 2ac armor having an awesome benefit.

Internal synergy at commons is awesome, and gives players a reason to maybe buy a few packs and have fun with character building that is very achievable since it’s based on commons

This also means I would also like to see a change to the gnomish 2ac Armor. In this case, I would suggest making it 3ac and -1 darkrift Damage (darkrift seems like it may be a Damage theme this year). This change would make the two gnomish armors the same power level (3ac +side benefit), so to speak, but they would still be different. Perhaps a player wants to stack darkrift or shock damage reduction and switching their common armor could do that got them till they got a higher class of armor.


+1
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #32

  • Jeff Martin
  • Jeff Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Don't lose your dinosaur
  • Posts: 8818

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Can one have a stack of gnomish cannons, just using one per room multiple times?


No...just like you can't with Heavy Crossbows, etc. We will post something about all this in a few days to clear up any confusion. We had similar issues with the Orb of Might. Thanks for your patience.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
Last edit: by Jeff Martin.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #33

The gnomish cannon conceptually is one of the cooler items from 2021. Any chance of making it more powerful and moving it to rare status? It is the type of token I would like to see used.

In a perfect world make it a transmute path where we can glob on other gnomish parts to make it a repeater cannon. :)
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #34

OrionW wrote: The gnomish cannon conceptually is one of the cooler items from 2021. Any chance of making it more powerful and moving it to rare status? It is the type of token I would like to see used.

In a perfect world make it a transmute path where we can glob on other gnomish parts to make it a repeater cannon. :)


I'm actually surprised it doesn't have a backfire action like the boom stick.
Turn 03: You purchase a dagger, bow and two potions.
Shopkeep: "If your looking to earn gold you should speak to the Cleric, she may have need of someone with your skills."
╔═════════╗
║ (ᴗ ͜ʖ ᴗ) ║
║[℧] ║
║  ║
╚════  ═══╝
[Shop: Spellbook 5gp]

Options:
[Find Cleric][Leave Town][Other]

[HP: 5][Inventory: 0GP, Rum, †(Dagger), €(Bow), 2x(♥)]

Want to control the story? rules here
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #35

I like it as common since it is 7x more likely in 10 packs to show up.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 2 weeks ago #36

Exbalz wrote:

Endgame wrote: I would like to suggest that the Dwarven Brewer’s vest get :

+1 damage to Dwarven melee weapons

I see the common armors s as a continuum - they start at 4 ac, then drop ac as they add extra benefits. I like the 2ac armor having an awesome benefit.

Internal synergy at commons is awesome, and gives players a reason to maybe buy a few packs and have fun with character building that is very achievable since it’s based on commons

This also means I would also like to see a change to the gnomish 2ac Armor. In this case, I would suggest making it 3ac and -1 darkrift Damage (darkrift seems like it may be a Damage theme this year). This change would make the two gnomish armors the same power level (3ac +side benefit), so to speak, but they would still be different. Perhaps a player wants to stack darkrift or shock damage reduction and switching their common armor could do that got them till they got a higher class of armor.


+1


+2

Anything that get new players to try to find specific items to improve their build will help to get new people coming back. Seeing synergies at lower levels will get them looking more into the gear options and planning for future adventures.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds