Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2021 Common Feedback

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #13

edwin wrote:

ponyboy wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Can one have a stack of gnomish cannons, just using one per room multiple times?

I assume yes, following precedent of throwing hammers, shurikens, etc.


Unless somethings changed since Saturday, this is a ranged weapon that must be equipped.
So no stacks of cannons.


Jeff posted that since it has hand symbol on it one can not swap it out for another one.

Does this mean a wizard with a +2 staff of power can’t swap it for a +5 staff of focus after using the free cast from the +2 staff?

If so, this would be a huge change in my understanding of weapons.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #14

It's not a thrown weapon.

Imagine it's a crossbow that can be used once per room by anyone.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #15

ponyboy wrote: It's not a thrown weapon.

Imagine it's a crossbow that can be used once per room by anyone.

See my prior weapon. If equipping prevents swapping, wizards can’t swap staves between +2 staff of power and a staff of focus.

If equipping does not prevent swapping, then bring a whole stack of cannons and swap as necessary.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #16

Endgame wrote:

edwin wrote:

ponyboy wrote:

Endgame wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: Can one have a stack of gnomish cannons, just using one per room multiple times?

I assume yes, following precedent of throwing hammers, shurikens, etc.


Unless somethings changed since Saturday, this is a ranged weapon that must be equipped.
So no stacks of cannons.


Jeff posted that since it has hand symbol on it one can not swap it out for another one.

Does this mean a wizard with a +2 staff of power can’t swap it for a +5 staff of focus after using the free cast from the +2 staff?

If so, this would be a huge change in my understanding of weapons.


I am taking it as a weapon that is equipped is unable to be swapped out.

My understanding was also changed.

Will be interesting to see how Grinds/...gorgon events playout since they typically remove weapons from use. So as a melee or range attacker (non-spells) you are pretty much sitting around after this occurs.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #17

ponyboy wrote: It's not a thrown weapon.

Imagine it's a crossbow that can be used once per room by anyone.


I think what is throwing people is the statement that the reason it can’t be swapped is because it is an equipped weapon.

Broadly people understand you can swap equipped weapons, barring special circumstances around set bonus items like the Scepter if might.

Heavy crossbows have special rules (I think?) that you can’t fire a second time without taking a turn to reload. If this is like that - no problem - but it’s a special rule - not a general rule that ranged weapons can’t be swapped in the dungeon. (Or... lots of players have been wrong about this for a long time and +2 staff of power and Stu’s +3 Handy Stein have to be equipped the whole adventure to use...)
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #18

Weapons can swap.

But this can't stack. One use per room.

My crossbow example was to stop the notion that these are like shuriken's.

If you want to swap a melee Staff of focus for a ranged common cannon, go ahead.

But it still only fires once per room, so swapping for it multiple times in a combat is a waste.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #19

ponyboy wrote: Weapons can swap.

But this can't stack. One use per room.

My crossbow example was to stop the notion that these are like shuriken's.

If you want to swap a melee Staff of focus for a ranged common cannon, go ahead.

But it still only fires once per room, so swapping for it multiple times in a combat is a waste.


Maybe it would be beneficial to put some additional brief text on the token. It looks like we have some space.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #20

But why? It's a 1/room ranged weapon.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #21

ponyboy wrote: But why? It's a 1/room ranged weapon.

A throwing hammer is also a 1/room ranged weapon. It also has a hand icon.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #22

ponyboy wrote: But why? It's a 1/room ranged weapon.


Because other than Skull of Doom, is there another example of a 1/room weapon that you can't have multiple copies of?

Having a 1/room weapon that you can't have a stack of is not a common thing that most players have dealt with. So if we can reduce confusion by adding a small amount of text to the token, it would probably be a good thing.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #23

ponyboy wrote: But why? It's a 1/room ranged weapon.


If we're getting confised on the forums, who are pretty much experts, I don't think any of this will be obvious to mere mortals.

This is a pretty tricky area, crossbows vs. shuriken vs. switching weapons in general.
The topic has been locked.

2021 Common Feedback 7 months 3 weeks ago #24

ponyboy wrote: But why? It's a 1/room ranged weapon.


1/room as a token leads one to think of using multiple of the same tokens as I did erroneously.

Probably best to annotate in TD database with wording along the lines of "...can be used only once per room per character, even if a player possesses more than one of these tokens."
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds