Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Token Notes (July 16 Update)

2020 Token Notes (July 16 Update) 1 month 1 day ago #61

  • Druegar
  • Druegar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Enjoy Your Burrito
  • Posts: 8448

Cliff wrote: How would {the ranger legendary token power Animal Friend} work with Charm of Shadow Shot?

They cannot be used at the same time. The ranger must choose which one they want to use.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Token Notes (July 16 Update) 1 month 1 day ago #62

Druegar wrote:

Cliff wrote: How would {the ranger legendary token power Animal Friend} work with Charm of Shadow Shot?

They cannot be used at the same time. The ranger must choose which one they want to use.

Then if you own the UR Charm of Shadow Shot you get a +6 damage non-consumable.
If you use the Legendary with a Polymorph potion and you hit you get damage from the animal (without having to acquire the UR).

Ed
Useful Links:
TD Character Creator
Amorgen's Excel Char Gen Tool
Token DataBase
Talking TD Podcast

TD Accomplishments:
Member of the first team to survive Epic True Grind
1st Solo NM as Poly Druid
Proud member of Gas Station Sushi
Don't Nerf Our Tokens!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Token Notes (July 16 Update) 1 month 1 day ago #63

MasterED wrote:

Druegar wrote:

Cliff wrote: How would {the ranger legendary token power Animal Friend} work with Charm of Shadow Shot?

They cannot be used at the same time. The ranger must choose which one they want to use.

Then if you own the UR Charm of Shadow Shot you get a +6 damage non-consumable.
If you use the Legendary with a Polymorph potion and you hit you get damage from the animal (without having to acquire the UR).

Ed


Plus, and this is big for me, if you're using shadow shot and your bow misses, shadow shot automatically misses. With the polymorph, each puck is looked at separately with the ranger's ranged to hit modifiers. So, animal friend is consumable, separate attack, frees up a charm slot, variable damage (average readily available is slightly less than 6, I believe). To me, this is a fun trade off. I will continue to have my shadow shot and use it when I run low on polymorph potions or when I absolutely need a straight plus 6. I think this is the serious cool factor in the legendary. Is it for everyone, no. But it's new and fun. Now if someone would tell me if I can use a shark polymorph..... and what the heck is a ... whatever the uncommon polymorph potion in this set is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Matt Goodman.

2020 Token Notes (July 16 Update) 1 month 1 day ago #64

Matt Goodman wrote:

MasterED wrote:

Druegar wrote:

Cliff wrote: How would {the ranger legendary token power Animal Friend} work with Charm of Shadow Shot?

They cannot be used at the same time. The ranger must choose which one they want to use.

Then if you own the UR Charm of Shadow Shot you get a +6 damage non-consumable.
If you use the Legendary with a Polymorph potion and you hit you get damage from the animal (without having to acquire the UR).

Ed


Plus, and this is big for me, if you're using shadow shot and your bow misses, shadow shot automatically misses. With the polymorph, each puck is looked at separately with the ranger's ranged to hit modifiers. So, animal friend is consumable, separate attack, frees up a charm slot, variable damage (average readily available is slightly less than 6, I believe). To me, this is a fun trade off. I will continue to have my shadow shot and use it when I run low on polymorph potions or when I absolutely need a straight plus 6. I think this is the serious cool factor in the legendary. Is it for everyone, no. But it's new and fun. Now if someone would tell me if I can use a shark polymorph..... and what the heck is a ... whatever the uncommon polymorph potion in this set is.


I say yes. Land Shark!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.632 seconds