Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Transmuted Token Images

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #25

Flik wrote: I think you have to throw Barbarian a bone here honestly. They don’t get cool powers like the other legendaries. Might as well let them do crazy dmg one time per dungeon.

I wouldn’t worry about ruining combats because people dropping the coin on the legendary most likely won’t run PUG normals.



It’s funny how much pally heat is going on. People are sleeping on the Barbarian legendary personally. If it goes through I will be wrecking worlds next year.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #26

Matt Goodman wrote:
I would like to see +1 use of psychic and level 1-7. For the people who have collected the teeth, the current iteration will be moot in what, a year after this prints?


The people who have collected the teeth will still get to transmute an Eldritch token. Then they get to keep the psychic effects.

Seems pretty damned good to me.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #27

Jeff Martin wrote: Okay...more tweaks here and there. Tweaked some stuff and I hope these work for most folks. Due to the confusion think it best just to make the Savior Stone a normal Raise Dead thingie. And all the Legendary tokens will eventually get named.

truedungeon.com/files/transx.jpg



New Powers Mentioned on Transmuted Tokens

Fury – A Barbarian (whether in “Rage” or not) can announce that she is going to “Fury” before she makes her slide. If she hits, the damage done with that one slide will be treated as if it landed in the “20” area on the combat board.

Animal Friend – This power allows the Ranger to use a Potion of Polymorph to summon forth a spiritual animal friend for one room. It can't be dispelled or damaged. When attacking with a 2H Bow, the Ranger can put any polymorph token into the second slider and slide both as a Ranger normally would during combat. The damage done by the spiritual animal friend is only the amount shown on the token...and not modified by anything. The token is also consumed at the end of combat like a potion normally would be at that time.

The Legendary Monk item gives the Monk Level 7 Psychic Power: truedungeon.com/psychic


Just wanted to confirm a Ranger is not required to have an animal companion and can still slide just 1 puck for range attacks?
Last edit: by edwin.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #28

Xavon wrote:

Kakitahan wrote:

Picc wrote:

Xavon wrote:

Fiddy wrote: Monk transmutes feel disconnected from the UR they come from. Suggest either replacing GoFF ability with returning shuriken effect from the UR, or replacing the UR ring with a reprint of GoFF and using that as the base for the transmutes.

Stunning on 16+ sounds like it will happen pretty frequently.

If Monks also equip a psychic imbuer and 7 Teeth, can they use PT-7 ability twice?


I think Returning is sort of a replacement/compliment for GoFF effect. And the stun might be more frequent, but it is still once per combat instead of repeatable.

That said, I wouldn't object if GoFF was part of an alternate recipe.


At this point why dont we just consider making a GoFF reprint into the base item. It would probably be helpful for the people who are never going to go after the relic (sorry I like the returning power too).


I can second reprint of flying fists (I own one) as the transmute path will make sense. Also i feel 16-20 may be a bit strong for stuns. 19 - 20 for relic then 18-20 for legendary progression? granted it is only one round of stun, but that is making the monster take a ton of damage.


The monster won't necessarily take any more damage, unless that -2 AC makes a big difference between whether most sliders hit or not. And there is still immunity to stun, we haven't gotten around that.

As for the Monk tokens themselves, why is the Legendary's range in quotes, but the Relic isn't. Also maybe the wording should be "Stun Fist on X-20" instead of "Stun Fist works X-20". That would be more clear.

All that said, I wouldn't be opposed to decreasing the range of both items by one (19-20 on relic, 17-20 on Legendary)


The “stun fist on” seems to indicate a 4th level character could stun while “works” would mean only 5th and maybe drunken master, I don’t pay attention, could use it. 4th level only get dazing fist. Do these tokens upgrade the dazing fist if they don’t grant the stunning fist?
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #29

Justice wrote:

Flik wrote: I think you have to throw Barbarian a bone here honestly. They don’t get cool powers like the other legendaries. Might as well let them do crazy dmg one time per dungeon.

I wouldn’t worry about ruining combats because people dropping the coin on the legendary most likely won’t run PUG normals.



It’s funny how much pally heat is going on. People are sleeping on the Barbarian legendary personally. If it goes through I will be wrecking worlds next year.

I was wondering if we wandered a bit too far forward also. The MEC will need to come back next years cycle if these stay this amped.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #30

  • Ro-gan
  • Ro-gan's Avatar
  • Online
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • He's No Use To Me Dead.
  • Posts: 1774

edwin wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Okay...more tweaks here and there. Tweaked some stuff and I hope these work for most folks. Due to the confusion think it best just to make the Savior Stone a normal Raise Dead thingie. And all the Legendary tokens will eventually get named.

truedungeon.com/files/transx.jpg



New Powers Mentioned on Transmuted Tokens

Fury – A Barbarian (whether in “Rage” or not) can announce that she is going to “Fury” before she makes her slide. If she hits, the damage done with that one slide will be treated as if it landed in the “20” area on the combat board.

Animal Friend – This power allows the Ranger to use a Potion of Polymorph to summon forth a spiritual animal friend for one room. It can't be dispelled or damaged. When attacking with a 2H Bow, the Ranger can put any polymorph token into the second slider and slide both as a Ranger normally would during combat. The damage done by the spiritual animal friend is only the amount shown on the token...and not modified by anything. The token is also consumed at the end of combat like a potion normally would be at that time.

The Legendary Monk item gives the Monk Level 7 Psychic Power: truedungeon.com/psychic


Just wanted to confirm a Ranger is not required to have an animal companion and can still slide just 1 puck for range attacks?


Correct.
"It's treason then."



Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Character Generator for Android

Amorgen's Excellent Excel Character Generator

Have you checked the Token DataBase ?
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #31

Arnold wrote:

Matt Goodman wrote:
I would like to see +1 use of psychic and level 1-7. For the people who have collected the teeth, the current iteration will be moot in what, a year after this prints?


The people who have collected the teeth will still get to transmute an Eldritch token. Then they get to keep the psychic effects.

Seems pretty damned good to me.


I don't get this argument. Are you implying that the eldritch set of 7 teeth will not convey the psychic power levels 1-7? If so, this is major, and I don't believe it's been suggested anywhere....
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #32

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3139

macXdmg wrote:

Xavon wrote:

Kakitahan wrote:

Picc wrote:

Xavon wrote:

Fiddy wrote: Monk transmutes feel disconnected from the UR they come from. Suggest either replacing GoFF ability with returning shuriken effect from the UR, or replacing the UR ring with a reprint of GoFF and using that as the base for the transmutes.

Stunning on 16+ sounds like it will happen pretty frequently.

If Monks also equip a psychic imbuer and 7 Teeth, can they use PT-7 ability twice?


I think Returning is sort of a replacement/compliment for GoFF effect. And the stun might be more frequent, but it is still once per combat instead of repeatable.

That said, I wouldn't object if GoFF was part of an alternate recipe.


At this point why dont we just consider making a GoFF reprint into the base item. It would probably be helpful for the people who are never going to go after the relic (sorry I like the returning power too).


I can second reprint of flying fists (I own one) as the transmute path will make sense. Also i feel 16-20 may be a bit strong for stuns. 19 - 20 for relic then 18-20 for legendary progression? granted it is only one round of stun, but that is making the monster take a ton of damage.


The monster won't necessarily take any more damage, unless that -2 AC makes a big difference between whether most sliders hit or not. And there is still immunity to stun, we haven't gotten around that.

As for the Monk tokens themselves, why is the Legendary's range in quotes, but the Relic isn't. Also maybe the wording should be "Stun Fist on X-20" instead of "Stun Fist works X-20". That would be more clear.

All that said, I wouldn't be opposed to decreasing the range of both items by one (19-20 on relic, 17-20 on Legendary)


The “stun fist on” seems to indicate a 4th level character could stun while “works” would mean only 5th and maybe drunken master, I don’t pay attention, could use it. 4th level only get dazing fist. Do these tokens upgrade the dazing fist if they don’t grant the stunning fist?


Honestly, though, how often do we expect a player using these is going to be playing at L4? And maybe the revised character cards will do away with the split name confusion.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #33

Matt Goodman wrote:

Arnold wrote:

Matt Goodman wrote:
I would like to see +1 use of psychic and level 1-7. For the people who have collected the teeth, the current iteration will be moot in what, a year after this prints?


The people who have collected the teeth will still get to transmute an Eldritch token. Then they get to keep the psychic effects.

Seems pretty damned good to me.


I don't get this argument. Are you implying that the eldritch set of 7 teeth will not convey the psychic power levels 1-7? If so, this is major, and I don't believe it's been suggested anywhere....


Hmm. I think I'm getting the Semi-Lich Skull announcement mixed up and the whole "not 7 teeth anymore" thing.

Thanks for the correction.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #34

The Monk stun range is to big. I would say bring it in line with the rogue that was created this year. (Though I feel that still may be too large and would ideally go 19 then 18.)
GM and Producer of Tales From Mauxferry an actual play Blades in the Dark podcast.

Co-founder of RollPlus Con a yearly gaming getaway somewhere in southern Indiana. Many call it a D&D B&B~
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #35

Did we find out if the guard from the pally legendary stacks with the amulet of guarding?

Honestly though, how many of the people with serious issues with the last iteration of the holy avenger were actually paladin players?

The weapon as is for flavor and name doesn’t seem very Aveng...ey? More protecty imo which is not necessarily bad just meh. I am afraid this will be nerfed into oblivion.


I have seen many paladin players suggest that the extra sacrifice is a rarely used function.

I want to +1 the idea of putting retribution damage on the weapon. It has synergy with the guard and is rather thematic.
The topic has been locked.

2020 Transmuted Token Images 1 month 1 week ago #36

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 7704
Lenses of the Owl are +1 what to range? to hit? to damage? both?
Barbarian Legendary is not currently named.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.
Last edit: by jedibcg.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds