Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #1

Changes in BOLD.

Due to several reasons, we have decided to start and end the token development process in July rather than September. This may or may not effect the pre-order delivery time, but we will still start the pre-order time on Nov. 1st as before.

This will be a "special" year for TD adventures as we will be starting a new story-arc, we are presenting three "special" modules, and the tokens will be centered around the three "special" modules that should be much fun to play. One will be in the Underthing (the underbelly of a wizard school) in the world of Pat Rothfuss. Another will be a classic haunted house adventure where players must banish a baneful presence, while the last one will task the group with surviving the legendary Tomb of Terrors.

UR "Arcane" Set Bonus - Wearing all three of these items will gain a character +1 healing from any healing Potion or Scroll received

UR "Lucky" Set Bonus - Wearing any two of these items will gain a character +5 hit points

New Multi-Year Token Set - Over the next four years we will release four Shirts that will give bonus/penalties toward the STR, DEX, CON stats and the final year will have a “Focus” power (+2 to healing, damage spells & polymorph damage) . At the end of the four years, all four can be combined so they make one Shirt that gives +2 to all those 3 stats – and have the Focus power.

The 4-Year Shirt will not be an Eldritch item. We are capping the Eldritch set at five. It is time to forge a new line of multi-year tokens that hopefully will use hidden RFID chips to make some cool effects for the players. Any "set" benefits won't be manifest for many years (since it takes two of these multi-year tokens), but I would not rule out giving the first "Arcanum" multi-year token (light purple token that's coming in four years) a cool little RFID chip enabled ability. I have so many cool ideas.

I should have noted that the ranks of the Treasure Token collectors have swelled considerable in the past few years. While it is vital to always "take care" of the wants/needs of veteran collectors, we need to keep the new players in our thoughts. Some tokens might be kind of lame for veterans, but newer players might really like something like a set of new Armor tokens. It is always a tough thing to balance all the various collector groups, so I could be wrong on some of the mix this year. Let me know if you think I did.

New Powers Mentioned on Transmuted Tokens

Fury – One per game a Barbarian (whether in “Rage” or not) can announce that she is going to “Fury” before she makes her slide. If she hits, the damage done with that one slide will be treated as if it landed in the “20” area on the combat board.

Animal Friend – This power allows the Ranger to use a Potion of Polymorph to summon forth a spiritual animal friend for one room. It can't be dispelled or damaged. When attacking with a 2H Bow, the Ranger can put any polymorph token into the second slider and slide both as a Ranger normally would during combat. The damage done by the spiritual animal friend is only the amount shown on the token...and not modified by anything. The token is also consumed at the end of combat like a potion normally would be at that time.

UPDATE: The Ranger gains no special bonuses on the polymorph token description. They only get the extra damage from the polymorph token. Also, the Ranger's Ranged "to hit" bonus is used to determine if the spirit animal hits or not.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jeff Martin.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #2

It’s happening!!!
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #3

Jeff Martin wrote: Changes in BOLD.


New Powers Mentioned on Transmuted Tokens

Fury – One per game a Barbarian (whether in “Rage” or not) can announce that she is going to “Fury” before she makes her slide. If she hits, the damage done with that one slide will be treated as if it landed in the “20” area on the combat board.


Uh, Jeff. This is broken. Like totally. Barb, first round combat, Fury!!! swing the +2 Death Flail (3x damage if crit and "20"). Hit anywhere on the monster. Monster dead. Good combat, everyone!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #4

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5679
Question about animal friend. Say a ranger used Potion Polymorph Gremlin or something similar would the animal friend still have the construct killing power?

tokendb.com/token/potion-polymorph-gremlin/

Similar quesiton for Potion Polymorph Brownie, how are the +3 to AC & +1 to saves handled?

tokendb.com/token/potion-polymorph-brownie/
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #5

Matt Goodman wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Changes in BOLD.


New Powers Mentioned on Transmuted Tokens

Fury – One per game a Barbarian (whether in “Rage” or not) can announce that she is going to “Fury” before she makes her slide. If she hits, the damage done with that one slide will be treated as if it landed in the “20” area on the combat board.


Uh, Jeff. This is broken. Like totally. Barb, first round combat, Fury!!! swing the +2 Death Flail (3x damage if crit and "20"). Hit anywhere on the monster. Monster dead. Good combat, everyone!


Definitely isn't an instant kill on any difficulty past normal. Calm down. It is a ton of damage once a game. I'm not saying it's 100% fine but just take a deep breath.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #6

Sneak nerf on the arcane set. Honestly why bother at all with a set bonus when it is that weak? That won't encourage anyone to get the set. People will get the items without that. I didn't like the previous version either. Surely there has to be some other compromise. Not many people picking up these (UR+ geared players) are healing via scrolls and potions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #7

Flik wrote:

Matt Goodman wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Changes in BOLD.


New Powers Mentioned on Transmuted Tokens

Fury – One per game a Barbarian (whether in “Rage” or not) can announce that she is going to “Fury” before she makes her slide. If she hits, the damage done with that one slide will be treated as if it landed in the “20” area on the combat board.


Uh, Jeff. This is broken. Like totally. Barb, first round combat, Fury!!! swing the +2 Death Flail (3x damage if crit and "20"). Hit anywhere on the monster. Monster dead. Good combat, everyone!


Definitely isn't an instant kill on any difficulty past normal. Calm down. It is a ton of damage once a game. I'm not saying it's 100% fine but just take a deep breath.


Direct contradiction to last iteration of legendary (was 1/room), so.... no. not calming down yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #8

Flik wrote: Sneak nerf on the arcane set. Honestly why bother at all with a set bonus when it is that weak? That won't encourage anyone to get the set. People will get the items without that. I didn't like the previous version either. Surely there has to be some other compromise. Not many people picking up these (UR+ geared players) are healing via scrolls and potions.

Maybe people would be interested if it were a buff to scroll damage? That sounds arcane...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #9

Matt Goodman wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Changes in BOLD.


New Powers Mentioned on Transmuted Tokens

Fury – One per game a Barbarian (whether in “Rage” or not) can announce that she is going to “Fury” before she makes her slide. If she hits, the damage done with that one slide will be treated as if it landed in the “20” area on the combat board.


Uh, Jeff. This is broken. Like totally. Barb, first round combat, Fury!!! swing the +2 Death Flail (3x damage if crit and "20"). Hit anywhere on the monster. Monster dead. Good combat, everyone!


Sorry for the confusion...the Barbarian still has to actually hit the monster to activate the power. I suppose we could just make it an even +50 points of damage.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #10

Picc wrote: Question about animal friend. Say a ranger used Potion Polymorph Gremlin or something similar would the animal friend still have the construct killing power?

tokendb.com/token/potion-polymorph-gremlin/

Similar quesiton for Potion Polymorph Brownie, how are the +3 to AC & +1 to saves handled?

tokendb.com/token/potion-polymorph-brownie/


Good question! I updated the first post. No...the only effect gained with this power is the base damage from the polymorph token.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #11

To expand upon my previous comment, I think the Arcane set needs a more useful set bonus. I don’t see anyone picking up $300+ to get healed an extra hp from scroll/potions.

It should be something that is useful. It doesn’t have to be super powerful. Otherwise people will keep their Charm Bracers and only pick up two URs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Updated Notes on 2020 Tokens 2 months 1 week ago #12

Jeff Martin wrote:

Picc wrote: Question about animal friend. Say a ranger used Potion Polymorph Gremlin or something similar would the animal friend still have the construct killing power?

tokendb.com/token/potion-polymorph-gremlin/

Similar quesiton for Potion Polymorph Brownie, how are the +3 to AC & +1 to saves handled?

tokendb.com/token/potion-polymorph-brownie/


Good question! I updated the first post. No...the only effect gained with this power is the base damage from the polymorph token.


Does the animal friend use the ranged or Melee to hit value?
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds