Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ultra Rare Token Ideas

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 2 months 3 weeks ago #541

  • Raven
  • Raven's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • "Oooooh, Shiny!"
  • Posts: 6351

Xavon wrote: 26 by my count

Amulet of Thorns - 4
Belt of Thorns - 10
Charm of Thorny Barbs - 2
Shark Tooth Armor - 3
Supreme Ring of Elemental Command - 3
Any UR Ring of Elemental Command - 2
Any other UR Ring of Elemental Command (plus Gloves of Glory) - 2

And then
Figurine of Power: Spider - 6 (but only once per game)
Potion of Icy Blood - 3 (consumable)
Scroll Avenging Asp - 3 (consumable and also doesn't work with Shark Tooth)
Scroll Frostshield - 6 (consumable and also doesn't work with Shark Tooth)
Scroll Fireshield - 6 (consumable and also doesn't work with Shark Tooth)
Scroll Eelskin - 3 (consumable and also doesn't work with Shark Tooth)
Scroll Valkyrie Shield - 6 (consumable and I am sensing a pattern here)

I'm not sure if Charm of the Sage would work with retribution scrolls, but if it does, bump them all up by 2.

Add Lenses of Sage Speed, and Pouch of Tulz, and Wizard can do 42 in round 2 (or 46 it the Sage Charm works).


If it was up to me, I'd say only "permanent" sources of Retribution should be allowed (just for simplicity) but I could see the argument for allowing consumable boosts, too.

The one thing which might make this Figurine non-ideal, is that a newbie pulling it from a "00" pack probably won't be able to do anything with it... unless there were a number of Commons/Uncommons which added to Retribution damage in the main set as well. Though, if there *was* Retribution damage available in low-end tokens, this could be the start of a cool build for a new player!
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.
Last edit: by Raven.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 2 months 3 weeks ago #542

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3050

Druegar wrote:

Xavon wrote:
Scroll Avenging Asp - 3 (consumable and also doesn't work with Shark Tooth)
Scroll Frostshield - 6 (consumable and also doesn't work with Shark Tooth)
Scroll Fireshield - 6 (consumable and also doesn't work with Shark Tooth)
Scroll Eelskin - 3 (consumable and also doesn't work with Shark Tooth)
Scroll Valkyrie Shield - 6 (consumable and I am sensing a pattern here)

I get why the first four "don't work" with Shark Tooth Armor because those scrolls are whiz/bard castable, can only target the caster, and none of them can wear Shark Tooth Armor. But Scroll Valkyrie Shield is cleric-castable and clerics can wear Shark Tooth Armor. What am I not seeing?


Just that there are a surprising number of Retribution scrolls out there.
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 2 months 3 weeks ago #543

Xavon wrote: I'm not sure if Charm of the Sage would work with retribution scrolls

Official Ruling: it does not
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 2 months 3 weeks ago #544

Xavon wrote: there are a surprising number of Retribution scrolls out there.

five 🤷‍♂️
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.
The topic has been locked.

Token Database 2.0 2 months 3 weeks ago #545

  • Xavon
  • Xavon's Avatar
  • Away
  • Hero Member +1
  • Hero Member +1
  • Obligation is the sincerest form of insanity
  • Posts: 3050

Druegar wrote: Specified that Charm of the Sage does not affect scrolls that bestow Retribution Damage


Sorry. Shouldn't have mentioned it...:whistle:
Applications programming is a race between software engineers, who strive to produce idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, which strives to produce bigger idiots.  <br /><br />So far, the Universe is winning.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 2 months 2 weeks ago #546

Druegar wrote:

Xavon wrote: there are a surprising number of Retribution scrolls out there.

five 🤷‍♂️


I was surprised there were more than three. . .
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 2 months 2 weeks ago #547

Raven wrote: The one thing which might make this Figurine non-ideal, is that a newbie pulling it from a "00" pack probably won't be able to do anything with it... unless there were a number of Commons/Uncommons which added to Retribution damage in the main set as well. Though, if there *was* Retribution damage available in low-end tokens, this could be the start of a cool build for a new player!


Reminder that the average number of any given UR pulled this way at Gen Con is 4, so given the chances that at least one goes to a veteran, you're talking about something that will happen, on average, 2-3 times at Gen Con and maybe twice at other cons. I'm not sure that's a big enough drawback to matter.
The topic has been locked.

Ultra Rare Token Ideas 1 month 1 week ago #548

Given the new wand rules, I think an immediate "give" for an UR would be some sort of recharge of a wand...this would make the wand useful to the "dungeon" and then consumed, instead of just the room...it will make people more willing to use the Rare Wands...

To this same end, the feature of the Subtype of Ranger to get to collect missed ammo...should be an UR to allow for recollecting of missed ammo when ammo is of Rare. This makes those who will never achieve the subtype prereqs feel more at liberty to consume 1 use Rare arrows...etc.
Jamie
AureliusBP
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds