Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Update on Adventures at Origins

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #25

haasdt wrote: Thanks for the update Jeff and totally understand.
Will there still be Patron event(s) at Origins as well?


Yes, we will do something cool for Patrons at Origins. I had a blast doing them last year. I just don't want to over-promise on something....until we know how much help we will have to build and dismantle the thing. More info coming in March!
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #26

edwin wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Chad wrote: See answer in red.

Will 2018 treasure chips be honored at Origins ? Yes...I guess we will bring a limited number of 2018 Treasure Draws that will be available in the token transmuting room.

Along a similar line, if one has not used their Rod of 7 Parts voucher for the 2018 season, will they be able to claim and use it at Origins? Yes...we will allow that.


Suggestion: youcould just bring 2019 treasure and allow 2018 chips to be used.

Question: will RoSP 2018 vouchers be useavle for GenCon GT run?


I think to be fair to all parties, we should only allow 2018 TC be used for 2018 treasure.

The RoSP for 2018 will end at Origins (this one time...in the 2019-2020 season it will end at PAX South). You can ALSO use your 2019 RoSP voucher at Origins, too -- since it is the start of that season.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #27

Plans for True Grind are still up in the air.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #28

Jeff Martin wrote: Plans for True Grind are still up in the air.


Thank you Jeff, all of this is really awesome news! This takes a lot of pressure off GC and makes Origins that much more of a must go. Coming off of Origins 18', GC and GHC I'm really looking forward to the freshness and hopefully True Grind. It's such a great compliment to TD. I'm ready for 8-10 at least.

Question, can the Transmute Bead now be made at Origins once and if all the new bits are acquired there?
"The Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity."

Boom goes the Devil Drake when this Rogue slides a 20 with a Holy Hand Grenade.

My Rogue Build: truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=244107&limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JACKOFTRADZE.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #29

So, we could get our 2018 and 2019 vouchers at Origins, then use one or both at Origins, but only the 2019 may be carried over to GT runs, or anything after Origins?

Also, I am cool with 2018 treasure rather than 2019. I think you will need a LOT more than 1000 2018 pulls though, unless people send them in to TDHQ.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #30

Wade Schwendemann wrote: So, we could get our 2018 and 2019 vouchers at Origins, then use one or both at Origins, but only the 2019 may be carried over to GT runs, or anything after Origins?

Also, I am cool with 2018 treasure rather than 2019. I think you will need a LOT more than 1000 2018 pulls though, unless people send them in to TDHQ.


Based on some of the quantities you guys have mentioned having, the bags sound like they'd fly off the shelves at Origins.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #31

Wade Schwendemann wrote: So, we could get our 2018 and 2019 vouchers at Origins, then use one or both at Origins, but only the 2019 may be carried over to GT runs, or anything after Origins?

Also, I am cool with 2018 treasure rather than 2019. I think you will need a LOT more than 1000 2018 pulls though, unless people send them in to TDHQ.


If it's a one time deal I don't get why anyone would have an issue with 2018 Treasure tokens being used in 2019 boxes due to this awesome upgrade at Origins. Seriously who cares? It's not like its cheating and save Jeff some work/hassle by not lugging 2018 boxes. Keep it simple.
"The Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity."

Boom goes the Devil Drake when this Rogue slides a 20 with a Holy Hand Grenade.

My Rogue Build: truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=244107&limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JACKOFTRADZE.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #32

JACKOFTRADZE wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: So, we could get our 2018 and 2019 vouchers at Origins, then use one or both at Origins, but only the 2019 may be carried over to GT runs, or anything after Origins?

Also, I am cool with 2018 treasure rather than 2019. I think you will need a LOT more than 1000 2018 pulls though, unless people send them in to TDHQ.


If it's a one time deal I don't get why anyone would have an issue with 2018 Treasure tokens being used in 2019 boxes due to this awesome upgrade at Origins. Seriously who cares? It's not like its cheating and save Jeff some work/hassle by not lugging 2018 boxes. Keep it simple.


If only....

Someone somewhere will feel cheated that they didn't save their 2018 pulls to pull 2019 treasure because reasons.....

"If I had known, I would have saves my pulls," whether true or not, will be the refrain.

Jeff said he will be bringing 2018 pulls. I'll pull my 2018s there, as will many others.

I would not be surprised if 5K 2018 pulls are needed, just saying.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #33

JACKOFTRADZE wrote:

Jeff Martin wrote: Plans for True Grind are still up in the air.


Thank you Jeff, all of this is really awesome news! This takes a lot of pressure off GC and makes Origins that much more of a must go. Coming off of Origins 18', GC and GHC I'm really looking forward to the freshness and hopefully True Grind. It's such a great compliment to TD. I'm ready for 8-10 at least.

Question, can the Transmute Bead now be made at Origins once and if all the new bits are acquired there?


Bead - good question. I will have to talk to the Transmute Team on that.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #34

Wade wrote:

So, we could get our 2018 and 2019 vouchers at Origins, then use one or both at Origins, but only the 2019 may be carried over to GT runs, or anything after Origins?

Correct!
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jeff Martin.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #35

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

JACKOFTRADZE wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote: So, we could get our 2018 and 2019 vouchers at Origins, then use one or both at Origins, but only the 2019 may be carried over to GT runs, or anything after Origins?

Also, I am cool with 2018 treasure rather than 2019. I think you will need a LOT more than 1000 2018 pulls though, unless people send them in to TDHQ.


If it's a one time deal I don't get why anyone would have an issue with 2018 Treasure tokens being used in 2019 boxes due to this awesome upgrade at Origins. Seriously who cares? It's not like its cheating and save Jeff some work/hassle by not lugging 2018 boxes. Keep it simple.


If only....

Someone somewhere will feel cheated that they didn't save their 2018 pulls to pull 2019 treasure because reasons.....

"If I had known, I would have saves my pulls," whether true or not, will be the refrain.

Jeff said he will be bringing 2018 pulls. I'll pull my 2018s there, as will many others.

I would not be surprised if 5K 2018 pulls are needed, just saying.


LOL you are so spot on with this: "Someone somewhere will feel cheated that they didn't save their 2018 pulls to pull 2019 treasure because reasons....."

That cracked me up. I agree with your estimate of 5K, that's why I said it's an extra hassle.
"The Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity."

Boom goes the Devil Drake when this Rogue slides a 20 with a Holy Hand Grenade.

My Rogue Build: truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=244107&limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JACKOFTRADZE.

Update on Adventures at Origins 5 years 5 months ago #36

It is a hassle, and one Jeff was hoping to avoid, but in the interests of not making anyone upset, he will put himself and his team out again.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds