Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wanted to say Hi & Thanks

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #25

Are you suggesting that a might set reprint will happen so I should wait for them to drop?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #26

jon wrote: Are you suggesting that a might set reprint will happen so I should wait for them to drop?

Given the Ring of Fateful Heroism is currently in print, the earliest we would likely see a Might set reprint would be 2021, and I honestly haven't even seen any hints about tokens that far out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #27

Endgame wrote:

jon wrote: Are you suggesting that a might set reprint will happen so I should wait for them to drop?

Given the Ring of Fateful Heroism is currently in print, the earliest we would likely see a Might set reprint would be 2021, and I honestly haven't even seen any hints about tokens that far out.


The thing I like about Might and Charming is, the tokens do something for you in addition to the level bump.

The thing I don’t like about the UR Ring is it essentially takes up two ring slots, and does nothing else.

The basic rule is, the more expensive the path to L5, the better it is. The cheapest path (Medallion of Heroism) takes up neck and all rings so is less desirable than this Ring... and so on. While Might set is any three of the five URs, many can be picked up for much less than a PYP. Boots were usurped by Winds, and melee types love their Giant girdles over Might. There are any number of awesome UR, relic, and legendary weapons (Hammer time!) so you should be able to get those three for much less than two PYPs. Crown (screws up tanks’ armor sets) and Orb (okay for rangers, monks, and some rogues but no one else) are your other two choices, but are suboptimal.

Budget is obviously a factor. The absolute best path to 5, IMO, is the Eldritch set. But, at a minimum cost of about $3k, unless you get lucky, it’s out of the question for a lot of players.

TL;DR - personally, I’d Nugget and wait, but not necessarily for Might reprint. Maybe shop for Might bits now. Or maybe Charming.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Brad Mortensen.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #28

If TD playerbase continues to grow, theoretically more people will be wanting a path to level 5 cards. I could see Might pieces potentially increasing in cost before the next level 5 path (reprint or new) happens. But it highly depends on whether that group grows faster/slower than the group of people ready to hand off their old methods of getting to level 5 (due to easier access via Eldritch Set).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #29

Brad Mortensen wrote:

Endgame wrote:

jon wrote: Are you suggesting that a might set reprint will happen so I should wait for them to drop?

Given the Ring of Fateful Heroism is currently in print, the earliest we would likely see a Might set reprint would be 2021, and I honestly haven't even seen any hints about tokens that far out.


The thing I like about Might and Charming is, the tokens do something for you in addition to the level bump.

The thing I don’t like about the UR Ring is it essentially takes up two ring slots, and does nothing else.

The basic rule is, the more expensive the path to L5, the better it is. The cheapest path (Medallion of Heroism) takes up neck and all rings so is less desirable than this Ring... and so on. While Might set is any three of the five URs, many can be picked up for much less than a PYP. Boots were usurped by Winds, and melee types love their Giant girdles over Might. There are any number of awesome UR, relic, and legendary weapons (Hammer time!) so you should be able to get those three for much less than two PYPs. Crown (screws up tanks’ armor sets) and Orb (okay for rangers, monks, and some rogues but no one else) are your other two choices, but are suboptimal.

Budget is obviously a factor. The absolute best path to 5, IMO, is the Eldritch set. But, at a minimum cost of about $3k, unless you get lucky, it’s out of the question for a lot of players.

TL;DR - personally, I’d Nugget and wait, but not necessarily for Might reprint. Maybe shop for Might bits now. Or maybe Charming.

Id say if you can get a regular Ring of Heroism off someone, then that’s the best bang for your buck and slot.
2 years ago I could get them for $100 to $125. This year it was closer to $175 for some reason. I’ll be looking to pick up 1 or 2 rings of Heroism in the $100 to $125 range if they get to that price again, and I think it will this year once the kilts are made.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #30

[quote="Wayne Rhodes" post=32840
Id say if you can get a regular Ring of Heroism off someone, then that’s the best bang for your buck and slot.
2 years ago I could get them for $100 to $125. This year it was closer to $175 for some reason. I’ll be looking to pick up 1 or 2 rings of Heroism in the $100 to $125 range if they get to that price again, and I think it will this year once the kilts are made.[/quote]

2 years ago they were in print or very recently out of print, and therefore plentiful. Now they've been gobbled up. Supply and demand.

I too expect them to fall in price as the eldritch set changes come into play and Kilts get made.

I don't necessarily expect them to drop to $100-125, but maybe $150.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #31

For the Might Set, you can get the Scepter and Boots for less than the cost of a PYP each. If you can find one of the Girdle/Orb/Crown at a reasonable price, that's a good path to Level 5. Ring of Heroism is also a good path. If you can manage to get two Eldritch Items, that's a great path because they are all either slotless or pretty close to best in slot for many builds. That's much more expensive of course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #32

Endgame wrote: the earliest we would likely see a Might set reprint would be 2021

Every Might token has been reprinted once. I wouldn't bank on them being printed again.
Have you looked it up in the TDb ?
Please post TDb corrections/suggestions in this thread .
If I write something in teal, it should not be taken seriously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #33

Got the scepter and boots already .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #34

Since there was a question in the thread about volunteering, how much demand is there for volunteers for setup before a convention starts? Is that actually a high demand thing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #35

Endgame wrote: Since there was a question in the thread about volunteering, how much demand is there for volunteers for setup before a convention starts? Is that actually a high demand thing?


It’s a low-supply thing. The number of people who live locally and/or are willing/able to take extra vacation days and pay for extra hotel nights is a subset of the volunteer pool.
barkley.neo.rr.com -->see my trade thread HERE , my eBay store HERE or my web store HERE
"Ceci n'est pas une pipe" - Magritte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Wanted to say Hi & Thanks 5 months 2 weeks ago #36

If I was just starting out I'd pick the Might set over Charming since the individual pieces aren't reliant on filling another slot to increase their effectiveness. If you're still shopping for pieces I'd pick the girdle over the crown or orb since either of those would interfere with a heavy armor set bonus if you choose to go that route. You might also want to pick up a defender set would since it grants free movement and works with fighter, cleric, and paladin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds