Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TD Ticket price at Pax South?

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #1

So, I know that tickets go on sale November 18. What I don't know is the ticket price per slot. Has that been posted anywhere yet? My Google-fu is failing me on this...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #2

  • Kakitahan
  • Kakitahan 's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Honored Monk of the Hidden Fist - Everquest
  • Posts: 647

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #3

I hope they have volunteers schedules out before that then

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #4

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I hope they have volunteers schedules out before that then


I'm not confident that they will, and that's the primary reason I may end up scaling back my volunteering :(
My online token shop: www.tdtavern.com

We buy, sell, and trade True Dungeon tokens. We also have a convenient consignment program where you can sell your own tokens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #5

Kirk Bauer wrote:

Wayne Rhodes wrote: I hope they have volunteers schedules out before that then


I'm not confident that they will, and that's the primary reason I may end up scaling back my volunteering :(


Last year they had us our schedules beforehand and even had volunteer only slots 2 of the days. I’m just hoping they do the same this year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #6

Hah!

Thanks for the pricing info. Guess it was not just my Google0fu but my normal reading skills as well that were failing me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #7

We we're worried about volunteer runs and already asked. Got back that due to the full-time schedules, we will not have the opportunity as full-time volunteers to do any runs during the con. Just a heads up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #8

Amanda (aka Ferret Slayer) wrote: We we're worried about volunteer runs and already asked. Got back that due to the full-time schedules, we will not have the opportunity as full-time volunteers to do any runs during the con. Just a heads up.


That’s disappointing, I got in 3 runs last year as a full time volunteer. They started one dungeon early one day and ended it earlier. Then ran the other dun starting later and ending later. Then flipped the times the second day.

I have already committed so I’ll be going there either way this year but I may just play next year at pax south if I can’t play any.

I hope they figure something out to help us volunteers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #9

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6927
I had to do some jockeying to get in two runs at GHC. One worked with my schedule, I had to do,some trading to make the other work.

In the long run this is a problem that needs to be fixed.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #10

Harlax wrote: I had to do some jockeying to get in two runs at GHC. One worked with my schedule, I had to do,some trading to make the other work.

In the long run this is a problem that needs to be fixed.


+1
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #11

While I understand why you would want something like that to change, however, running True Dungeon isn't about you. They are putting a product out for people paying to play. At these small cons there isn't exactly a lot of wiggle room in the schedule without having to add a lot more volunteers and that adds a lot more cost for them. This is a business for Jeff.
Proud member Dungeon Delver's Anonymous.

Team Kraken Killers

My name is Sean Hanlin, you killed my father, prepare to die.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TD Ticket price at Pax South? 1 year 4 months ago #12

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6927

archmage78 wrote: While I understand why you would want something like that to change, however, running True Dungeon isn't about you. They are putting a product out for people paying to play. At these small cons there isn't exactly a lot of wiggle room in the schedule without having to add a lot more volunteers and that adds a lot more cost for them. This is a business for Jeff.


Yes of course it is. Obviously it is. Nobody has any illusions about that. It's understood.

Look at the number of unsold tickets at GHC. (Nearly half) Look at the forum posts from veteran volunteers who are struggling to find a time to get a run in. Look at the posts from a couple of established play groups who bought out runs but have been unable to fill all the spots.

There's a balance there somewhere between need for volunteers and large numbers of unsold tickets (not exactly the ideal business outcome) that I hope will eventually be found.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds