Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Team Synergy. GHC Dancing Saturday 8:25

Team Synergy. GHC Dancing Saturday 8:25 1 year 1 month ago #37

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 5740
Thanks for a great run. Or should I say and EPIC run.

I wonder if using a mushroom would have fixed those broken arms?


Also thanks for giving me your builds so I could do the party card in advance. It made the end of the Coaching night much less stressful.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy. GHC Dancing Saturday 8:25 1 year 1 month ago #38

Harlax wrote: Thanks for a great run. Or should I say and EPIC run.

I wonder if using a mushroom would have fixed those broken arms?


Also thanks for giving me your builds so I could do the party card in advance. It made the end of the Coaching night much less stressful.


Thanks for organizing It! I had a blast.

It's an interesting idea about the mushrooms. I don't know it it would have done it or not, but sliding off handed was pretty fun.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My fledgling token shop: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy. GHC Dancing Saturday 8:25 1 year 1 month ago #39

Kelly and I had a blast. Thank you all for making her actually use healing during the run. With each new trample injury, she just kept shaking her head in dismay.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy. GHC Dancing Saturday 8:25 1 year 1 month ago #40

haasdt wrote: Kelly and I had a blast. Thank you all for making her actually use healing during the run. With each new trample injury, she just kept shaking her head in dismay.


She and the druid were both quite busy in that room!
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My fledgling token shop: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy. GHC Dancing Saturday 8:25 1 year 1 month ago #41

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 5740
That was quite the room

Mistake #1 Announcing that we were trying to kill the Draccus

So the DM tells us we accidentally spread the fire to the surrounding trees and the blaze begins to spread. All those years of equipping that Iridescent Spindle finally pay off as the area fills with smoke.

Mistake #2 Dwarf Fighter tells the Druid to put out the forest fire with an Extinguish Scroll.

But the DM rules it puts out all the fires including the one that keeps the Draccus from Trampling.

Mistake #3 Rogue, perhaps channeling his Grind DM role, urges the DM to do something creative with the trample. And suddenly we are rolling Fort saves to avoid broken limbs. Ranger points out that he is wearing Khing's Ring. He is good to go. Dwarf Fighter burns his Figurine of Power:Scarab and is good to go. Everyone else, not so much.

Almost Mistake #4. Rogue inquires as to whether it is possible to cast healing spells with a broken arm. Healers are not amused. DM however seems to be done torturing us.


All in all it was a blast and the sort of run that will be talked about for years.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy. GHC Dancing Saturday 8:25 1 year 1 month ago #42

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 5740

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

haasdt wrote: Kelly and I had a blast. Thank you all for making her actually use healing during the run. With each new trample injury, she just kept shaking her head in dismay.


She and the druid were both quite busy in that room!


They were a bit busy in the first Scrael room where they were doing 20 points a pop. I took 60 in that room. :whistle:
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy. GHC Dancing Saturday 8:25 1 year 1 month ago #43

Harlax wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

haasdt wrote: Kelly and I had a blast. Thank you all for making her actually use healing during the run. With each new trample injury, she just kept shaking her head in dismay.


She and the druid were both quite busy in that room!


They were a bit busy in the first Scrael room where they were doing 20 points a pop. I took 60 in that room. :whistle:


I think the fighter did as well. I only took 40.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My fledgling token shop: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy. GHC Dancing Saturday 8:25 1 year 4 weeks ago #44

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 5740

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

Harlax wrote:

Wade Schwendemann wrote:

haasdt wrote: Kelly and I had a blast. Thank you all for making her actually use healing during the run. With each new trample injury, she just kept shaking her head in dismay.


She and the druid were both quite busy in that room!


They were a bit busy in the first Scrael room where they were doing 20 points a pop. I took 60 in that room. :whistle:


I think the fighter did as well. I only took 40.


Without even talking about it as a group we managed to get the highest HP characters into the room first.
After two rounds the Druid asked who needed healing. I told him I was down 40. He gave me the "don't bother me with that" look. :cheer:
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds