Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June!

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #13

Yeah, I think you're spot on Laz. Skull is about 20x the cost of an origins badge, so they really aren't comparable.
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #14

Yep, basically in a normal year the only thing I need is a badge for the convention and the patron pin/code.

This year if I don't own a skull I can't attend the patron event?

That seems really shitty to people who don't own a skull but might buy enough tokens to be a patron.

Is there something available for patrons who DON'T own a skull or are they just out of luck for 2022?
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #15

  • Jeff Martin
  • Jeff Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Don't lose your dinosaur
  • Posts: 9077

Cassie wrote:

lazlo_hollyfeld1985 wrote: I think what everyone is trying to say is if they are a patron they can pay x dollars to attend origins to play.

at Skull con if they are a patron they have to have been collecting skulls for 7 years..or spend 20X to get a skull(which is the badge)

peeps...is that what you are trying to say?


I believe that summarizes the problem, yes


Thanks Chad and Cassie for the good question. I REALLY wish I could let 2022 Patrons attend without a Skull Con badge, but I made a promise 7 years ago that the Skull Con event would be exclusive to Skull Bearers, and even though it will probably cost TD some funding, I need to stick with that. Hopefully all 2022 Patrons will either already have a Skull of Cavadar or they will be able to acquire the rights to use a Skull token to get a badge.

We owe Skull Bearers an exclusive event -- even if it hurts. Thanks for your understanding.

Note to Jeff: Stop making proclamations.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #16

  • Jeff Martin
  • Jeff Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Don't lose your dinosaur
  • Posts: 9077

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Yep, basically in a normal year the only thing I need is a badge for the convention and the patron pin/code.

This year if I don't own a skull I can't attend the patron event?

That seems really shitty to people who don't own a skull but might buy enough tokens to be a patron.

Is there something available for patrons who DON'T own a skull or are they just out of luck for 2022?


I guess I could just cancel the Patron event at Skull Con, but I was really looking forward to hanging out with Patrons after a few years of not seeing anyone. It is hard for me to get away from home these days, and I didn't get to go to GHC.

Okay...since I don't want to bum people out, and I want everyone to be happy...

Last proclamation:

We will ALSO host an exclusive Virtual event for Patrons in October of 2022 open to ALL 2022 Patrons -- even those who attend Skull Con. I will update the appropriate pages.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #17

  • Jeff Martin
  • Jeff Martin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 6th Level
  • Supporter
  • Don't lose your dinosaur
  • Posts: 9077

ini wrote: Yeah, I think you're spot on Laz. Skull is about 20x the cost of an origins badge, so they really aren't comparable.


Tiny Tweak: You don't have to buy a Skull...just acquire the rights to use it for the weekend. The owner, who can't make it, will retain its use for years to come.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #18

I feel like this means no TD at origins though :(
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #19

I think having a virtual event for patrons (in addition to Skull Con) is a great idea.
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #20

Braxton wrote: I feel like this means no TD at origins though :(


wow, that would be disappointing. I hoped the skull event would be at origins.

Hopefully some TD will be at origins. maybe Jeff will talk about that Saturday night?
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #21

Larry Anthony wrote:

Braxton wrote: I feel like this means no TD at origins though :(


wow, that would be disappointing. I hoped the skull event would be at origins.

Hopefully some TD will be at origins. maybe Jeff will talk about that Saturday night?

From his other post it is a no for origins
delpchad.blogspot.com/

First solo Nightmare survivor-2014 Viper pit

Allergic to Lori
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #22

Hi Jeff,

I'm likely to have extra Skulls, and I'm guessing others might as well. I was wondering if you could clarify the process.

When we go to registration at Skull Con, and present the Skulls to get the Badges, if we're getting some in other people's names, do they have to be there or can I get the Badges for everyone (including up to one duplicate each)?

Once we get the Badges, will we ever have to show the Skulls again, or just the Badges? If I were to loan or sell a Skull Badge to someone, would I be able to stay in possession of the Skull, or would they need to carry it as well as the Badge?

Also, just to make sure, are you OK with us selling extra Skull Badges? It seems to me to be similar to selling Patron codes, but I wanted to make sure you're OK with it.

Oh, and you mentioned elsewhere that if someone has a Skull and couldn't make it, someone else could use that Skull to attend and do the Dungeon. Would that person have to physically have that skull with them, or is there a way the person that couldn't make it could transfer it without sending the actual skull (maybe a photo with the # on the Skull)? It doesn't apply to me since I plan on being there, but I'm sure it might apply to others.

Thanks!!
Mike
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #23

My only question is if we have or are going to obtain multiple skulls, do we have to turn them all in at once. For example: Can we redeem 2 now and 1 later so another friend who's not able to commit that far ahead might be able to come if they decide to later or I could use it myself if there's still room by that time for badges.
What are you Token About?
Picks up Cog: "I'm Immune to Cow Attacks??!" Jeff: "Trust me, You'll want to hold on to that"
Dougout's Trade Thread
Token Facts: tokendb.com
TD Volunteering: tdvols.com
TD Events: td.events
The topic has been locked.

Skull Con and Patron Side Event in June! 2 months 2 weeks ago #24

Jeff Martin wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Yep, basically in a normal year the only thing I need is a badge for the convention and the patron pin/code.

This year if I don't own a skull I can't attend the patron event?

That seems really shitty to people who don't own a skull but might buy enough tokens to be a patron.

Is there something available for patrons who DON'T own a skull or are they just out of luck for 2022?


I guess I could just cancel the Patron event at Skull Con, but I was really looking forward to hanging out with Patrons after a few years of not seeing anyone. It is hard for me to get away from home these days, and I didn't get to go to GHC.

Okay...since I don't want to bum people out, and I want everyone to be happy...

Last proclamation:

We will ALSO host an exclusive Virtual event for Patrons in October of 2022 open to ALL 2022 Patrons -- even those who attend Skull Con. I will update the appropriate pages.


Jeff - I would encourage you to have the Patron event in person at Skullcon. The negative comments were VASTLY outnumbered by positive ones for combining the events. Arcanist doesn't speak for everyone regardless of his volume of posts. Virtual for Patron is good but in person is vastly better. Having 2 different adventures makes the trip more worthwhile for the rest of us who planned to attend. It sounds like placating a tiny number of very loud people to dampen what is available to the vast majority.

Before making changes, I recommend TD quantifies the number of people actually impacted who were really willing to spend the money to go and commit to that now. My guess is the total is less than 10 people would be negatively impacted and I'm 100% certain other skull holders can help them out (between myself and half a dozen other people - we have dozens of extra skull codes we can help with.) On the other side, moving the Patron event negatively impacts an order of magnitude more people who are planning to attend.

Fred
What do we want? Evidence based science! When do we want it? After peer review!

Wizard build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=570&id=247398

Rogue build
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=569&id=245490#287189

Items for Sale or Trade
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247555

Items needed to complete my collection
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=61&id=253058
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds