Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 1 day ago #13

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Though not related to a question about XP.
www.gameholecon.com/attend/truedungeon
has the participation tokens for GHC. Anyone else wondering if the Cups add to an potions that already heal or do they just convert non healing potions to only heal and nothing else. Basically how do they work?


Per the token it converts any potion into a healing potion. Meaning you would lose the original effect and instead gain HP.

Once it's updated on tokendb.com we will have better info but I expect that won't be until mid week at the earliest.


The wording is ambiguous enough to cause questions... Is the effect from the Potion changing or the potion itself? The wording makes it seem like the former, because the latter would also gain benefits from the Pouches and other Healing Potion Boosting items. Is that the spirit of intent with this token? I dunno.
What are you Token About?
Picks up Cog: "I'm Immune to Cow Attacks??!" Jeff: "Trust me, You'll want to hold on to that"
Dougout's Trade Thread
Token Facts: tokendb.com
TD Volunteering: tdvols.com
TD Events: td.events

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 1 day ago #14

Dougout wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Though not related to a question about XP.
www.gameholecon.com/attend/truedungeon
has the participation tokens for GHC. Anyone else wondering if the Cups add to an potions that already heal or do they just convert non healing potions to only heal and nothing else. Basically how do they work?


Per the token it converts any potion into a healing potion. Meaning you would lose the original effect and instead gain HP.

Once it's updated on tokendb.com we will have better info but I expect that won't be until mid week at the earliest.


The wording is ambiguous enough to cause questions... Is the effect from the Potion changing or the potion itself? The wording makes it seem like the former, because the latter would also gain benefits from the Pouches and other Healing Potion Boosting items. Is that the spirit of intent with this token? I dunno.


The wording seems pretty clear to me, it changes the potion from whatever it used to do into a healing potion of either 2 or 4 points of healing.

It seems like a really neat effect, it's actually too bad it's a Gamehole exclusive token instead of a more widely available token via the regular set or transmutation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 1 day ago #15

I'm sure some of the cups/chalices will show up in the treasure box. Other completion tokens have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 1 day ago #16

I also expect we will see a larger TD attendence at GHC than a lot of other years with the whole world situation so it's likely there will be a moderate number in circulation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 23 hours ago #17

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10010

Mike Steele wrote:
It seems like a really neat effect, it's actually too bad it's a Gamehole exclusive token instead of a more widely available token via the regular set or transmutation.

I disagree about it them being neat. There have been 37 different rare potions, now most of them do not heal but that is largely because of so many Polymorph potions. Anyway because of that I will likely have lots of them available for trade post GHC.

EDIT: If folks want to trade Rare non healing potions for healing potions I could have done a lot of that before I shipped a bunch off to become inks. I would have done 1:1 with my extras since they all convert the same to ink. I cannot do that now because I don't have a large stack of healing potions, but others might that just convert them to ink.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jedibcg.

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 23 hours ago #18

jedibcg wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:
It seems like a really neat effect, it's actually too bad it's a Gamehole exclusive token instead of a more widely available token via the regular set or transmutation.

I disagree about it them being neat. There have been 37 different rare potions, now most of them do not heal but that is largely because of so many Polymorph potions. Anyway because of that I will likely have lots of them available for trade post GHC.

EDIT: If folks want to trade Rare non healing potions for healing potions I could have done a lot of that before I shipped a bunch off to become inks. I would have done 1:1 with my extras since they all convert the same to ink. I cannot do that now because I don't have a large stack of healing potions, but others might that just convert them to ink.


I'm not talking so much about being neat for people with tons of tokens but more for players with a more limited amount of tokens. Being able to convert some non-healing potions to healing potions might have a lot of appeal to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 23 hours ago #19

Mike Steele wrote:

jedibcg wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:
It seems like a really neat effect, it's actually too bad it's a Gamehole exclusive token instead of a more widely available token via the regular set or transmutation.

I disagree about it them being neat. There have been 37 different rare potions, now most of them do not heal but that is largely because of so many Polymorph potions. Anyway because of that I will likely have lots of them available for trade post GHC.

EDIT: If folks want to trade Rare non healing potions for healing potions I could have done a lot of that before I shipped a bunch off to become inks. I would have done 1:1 with my extras since they all convert the same to ink. I cannot do that now because I don't have a large stack of healing potions, but others might that just convert them to ink.


I'm not talking so much about being neat for people with tons of tokens but more for players with a more limited amount of tokens. Being able to convert some non-healing potions to healing potions might have a lot of appeal to them.


This is more along the lines of what I would think. Any rare potions I have that I don't save for healing or their effect get transmuted for Alchemist Ink. Ink is hard enough to get. I don't see saving any potions just to use this effect. But for a newer player or more casual player, it may come in useful. Maybe they get a random non-healing potion in their 10-pack but remember they picked up this token in a run and can make better use of it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 22 hours ago #20

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 10010

Mike Steele wrote:
I'm not talking so much about being neat for people with tons of tokens but more for players with a more limited amount of tokens. Being able to convert some non-healing potions to healing potions might have a lot of appeal to them.

Not some non-healing potions. The rare is specific to rare non healing potion. The uncommon is specific to non-common and non-healing. Without a doubt it could get some use I just don't think they are very useful. Like I said I bet if folks looks they could probably trade their tokens to receive one that heals for more. In a pinch it might be useful without doubt. I just don't find it all that useful no matter how many tokens you have.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 22 hours ago #21

jedibcg wrote:

Mike Steele wrote:
I'm not talking so much about being neat for people with tons of tokens but more for players with a more limited amount of tokens. Being able to convert some non-healing potions to healing potions might have a lot of appeal to them.

Not some non-healing potions. The rare is specific to rare non healing potion. The uncommon is specific to non-common and non-healing. Without a doubt it could get some use I just don't think they are very useful. Like I said I bet if folks looks they could probably trade their tokens to receive one that heals for more. In a pinch it might be useful without doubt. I just don't find it all that useful no matter how many tokens you have.


I do see the rarity limitations. I think a lot of players don't do transmuting and probably don't do a lot of trades either. I'm glad Jeff designs some tokens for them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

XP Questions for R1 Felurian's Feast, Vx Shyport Sinister 2 months 19 hours ago #22

Mike Steele wrote:

Dougout wrote:

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

jedibcg wrote: Though not related to a question about XP.
www.gameholecon.com/attend/truedungeon
has the participation tokens for GHC. Anyone else wondering if the Cups add to an potions that already heal or do they just convert non healing potions to only heal and nothing else. Basically how do they work?


Per the token it converts any potion into a healing potion. Meaning you would lose the original effect and instead gain HP.

Once it's updated on tokendb.com we will have better info but I expect that won't be until mid week at the earliest.


The wording is ambiguous enough to cause questions... Is the effect from the Potion changing or the potion itself? The wording makes it seem like the former, because the latter would also gain benefits from the Pouches and other Healing Potion Boosting items. Is that the spirit of intent with this token? I dunno.


The wording seems pretty clear to me, it changes the potion from whatever it used to do into a healing potion of either 2 or 4 points of healing.

It seems like a really neat effect, it's actually too bad it's a Gamehole exclusive token instead of a more widely available token via the regular set or transmutation.


Ah, but it doesn't specifically say on the token that a non-healing potion becomes healing potion... only that the effect will grant healing instead of what the potion normally does.... If the Token does not become a "Healing Item" then the Greater Alchemist Pouch doesn't grant +1 healing, right?
TokenDB will provide Clarification, I'm sure.
What are you Token About?
Picks up Cog: "I'm Immune to Cow Attacks??!" Jeff: "Trust me, You'll want to hold on to that"
Dougout's Trade Thread
Token Facts: tokendb.com
TD Volunteering: tdvols.com
TD Events: td.events

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dougout.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds