Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have?

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 2 weeks ago #61

Adding extra slots to cover tokens already out there will limit desire for new tokens in those slots unless the new tokens are perceived as better.

Still need to include trade goods and gold but to a lesser extent due to folks not accumulating treasure pulls to mulch.

An idea I am throwing out here is a most liked or most fun set of tokens. Not necessarily the most powerful but items that have not seen printed for a number of years and offer a period of one year to transmute 2021 tokens to similar like but with different name relics that have expired.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 2 weeks ago #62

Jeff, it seems like it's harder and harder to fit all the tokens needed into the token set each year. Have you considered increasing the size of the set? Maybe (for example) to 60 tokens each C/U/R, and 25 UR? There are so many more slots than there were 15 years ago, why not increase the set size to accommodate them?

Coaches could be sure to have common weapon and armor tokens on hand in case any new groups of players fell short.

If more reprints were added, you wouldn't need to design many more tokens. At the lower rarities it could be something like 40 new and 20 reprint tokens.

If it's a concern that the increased set size would make it harder on completist collectors, the lower rarities could be increased and URs left at 20.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 2 weeks ago #63

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7407

Mike Steele wrote: Jeff, it seems like it's harder and harder to fit all the tokens needed into the token set each year. Have you considered increasing the size of the set? Maybe (for example) to 60 tokens each C/U/R, and 25 UR? There are so many more slots than there were 15 years ago, why not increase the set size to accommodate them?

Coaches could be sure to have common weapon and armor tokens on hand in case any new groups of players fell short.

If more reprints were added, you wouldn't need to design many more tokens. At the lower rarities it could be something like 40 new and 20 reprint tokens.

If it's a concern that the increased set size would make it harder on completist collectors, the lower rarities could be increased and URs left at 20.


Coaches already have a stash of common weapons to hand out if needed. And while we don’t have a stash of common armor, each class has a default amor class increase in the vent the player draws no armor.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 1 week ago #64

Just wondering when all of these questions will be answered (particularly the non-VTD questions)? I know everyone is super busy right now but I am excited to hear the answers and I'm hoping to have answers to some of the more pressing questions. Among those:

(1) How can we redeem the 2020 Treasure Chips since everything is now virtual?
(2) Does the 2020 season include all 5 VTD events? If not, when will 2020 end and 2021 begin in terms of events, redemption of chips, etc.; and
(3) Will the treasure mix be the same for all 5 VTD events?

Thanks for all of your hard work. Looking forward to VTD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 1 week ago #65

Will the completion tokens be different for each separate VTD adventure?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 1 week ago #66

James Bennett wrote: Will the completion tokens be different for each separate VTD adventure?

The image on the description page for each VTD #2 event shows different completion tokens from VTD #1. It's the Jasper Prism/Ellipsoid for VTD #2.

Edit:
Here's the link to the event page with the image:
td.events/conventions/vtd2/events/thornbarb-pass

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Marc D.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 13 hours ago #67

I may have missed it elswhwere, but are there going to be monster bits this year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 10 hours ago #68

Dergidan wrote: I may have missed it elswhwere, but are there going to be monster bits this year?


It was mentioned that there wouldn't be bits. Golden Fleece will drop at 1/10th the rate of normal bits, iirc.
"IMHO we like to solve problems here on the forums that are only perceived problems due to a myopic view." -Bob Chasan
My Elemental build
My trade list

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 9 hours ago #69

Arnold wrote:

Dergidan wrote: I may have missed it elswhwere, but are there going to be monster bits this year?


It was mentioned that there wouldn't be bits. Golden Fleece will drop at 1/10th the rate of normal bits, iirc.


This was changed. Monster bits are in the treasure mix.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 8 hours ago #70

jedibcg wrote:

Arnold wrote:

Dergidan wrote: I may have missed it elswhwere, but are there going to be monster bits this year?


It was mentioned that there wouldn't be bits. Golden Fleece will drop at 1/10th the rate of normal bits, iirc.


This was changed. Monster bits are in the treasure mix.


And they’re listed on tokendb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 1 month 6 hours ago #71

Lequinian wrote:

jedibcg wrote:

Arnold wrote:

Dergidan wrote: I may have missed it elswhwere, but are there going to be monster bits this year?


It was mentioned that there wouldn't be bits. Golden Fleece will drop at 1/10th the rate of normal bits, iirc.


This was changed. Monster bits are in the treasure mix.


And they’re listed on tokendb.


This year has some of my favorite monster token names ever, especially Death Cloak Fabric, Ethereal Ooze, and Semi-Lich Dust.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What questions about how TD will proceed over the next few years do you have? 4 weeks 1 day ago #72

  • bpsymington
  • bpsymington's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer
  • Posts: 14585
So VTD is scheduling runs through tdevents.com, not through Gen Con. Does this mean the relationship between TD and GC is changing somehow, or is this just more convenient this way for this situation?

Also posted on another related thread.
Follow me on Instagram @runningboardgamer

Awesome avatar by Mauve Shirt!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds