Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Update 6/18

Update 6/18 2 weeks 5 days ago #1

This has been a crazy last few weeks here at TD HQ. PAX West (our last possible show for 2020) was canceled, and I've been working long days to get ready for the Patron adventures this weekend. I'm hoping that the Patrons have a great time...and they think our virtual TD experience is good enough for Gen Con weekend.

I know y'all have lots of questions about how next year is going to work with this year-long pause. We needed to wait to see what was going to happen with PAX West, and to see how the Patron runs are graded, before figuring out the path forward. We should have a big update late next week.

In the meantime, stay safe, stay cool and suffer no fools.
Token Conjurer
Geek Dreamweaver
Nerdomancer
Author of the never-to-be-released "The Secret of Trees"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 5 days ago #2

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7186
Thanks. I hope it’s good enough for for virtual GHC and virtual Pax West as well.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 5 days ago #3

Jeff, thanks for the update! I look forward next week to finding out more about the TD way ahead. Hopefully next year the conventions can be back in full strength. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 5 days ago #4

Thanks for the update Jeff. I anxiously look forward to next week and future cons (virtual or otherwise).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 4 days ago #5

Best of luck!

I will still be here to support you however I can with what is found to be possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 4 days ago #6

You guys are awesome. thanks for all you do. It is a testament to the place you fill in our lives that it is so hard for us to be patient. Hoping all goes well this weekend and looking forward (patiently) to hear what comes next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 4 days ago #7

Mongo wrote: Best of luck!

I will still be here to support you however I can with what is found to be possible.


+1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 4 days ago #8

Thanks for the update. Chris and I will continue to support as best we can. Still transmuting and buying tokens. Can't wait to see what you have next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 3 days ago #9

  • Raven
  • Raven's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • "Oooooh, Shiny!"
  • Posts: 6469

Jeff Martin wrote: I've been working long days to get ready for the Patron adventures this weekend. I'm hoping that the Patrons have a great time...and they think our virtual TD experience is good enough for Gen Con weekend.




I had a *fantastic* time at the Patron run!!!
The time & effort you put into building the puzzles and the dungeon really showed. Thanks for all your work building interesting sets, including fantastic ambient audio, and devising puzzles which worked for group-solve strategies, while being mostly hands-off (Golem hands being the exception).

I really look forward to doing this at Virtual GenCon, and am assuming there will be even fewer technical glitches by that time.

I know y'all have lots of questions about how next year is going to work with this year-long pause. We needed to wait to see what was going to happen with PAX West, and to see how the Patron runs are graded, before figuring out the path forward. We should have a big update late next week.


This Patron gives you and A++ Grade!

Really looking forward to hearing how everyone else’s runs go, and what the big update will bring.

Extra-Special thanks to all the cast & crew members who made the Patron run a wonderful experience!
"THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Check out these awesome resources:
Cranston's Character Generator for iDevices or Android
Amorgen's Excel Character Generator
And the ever-useful Token DataBase , expertly maintained by Druegar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 3 days ago #10

Raven wrote:
I had a *fantastic* time at the Patron run!!!
The time & effort you put into building the puzzles and the dungeon really showed. Thanks for all your work building interesting sets, including fantastic ambient audio, and devising puzzles which worked for group-solve strategies, while being mostly hands-off (Golem hands being the exception).

I really look forward to doing this at Virtual GenCon, and am assuming there will be even fewer technical glitches by that time.

This Patron gives you and A++ Grade!

Really looking forward to hearing how everyone else’s runs go, and what the big update will bring.

Extra-Special thanks to all the cast & crew members who made the Patron run a wonderful experience!


Exactly this. The patron run last night was very fun and it felt very much like playing True Dungeon in person, everyone involved in planning and running the session did a great job. I'll not post any specifics as I don't want to spoil for groups which haven't done their runs yet, but I'm really looking forward to hearing more about plans for virtual runs in the future.
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current build: tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/54550c58-0964-4b14-af03-5c485ca2ef70

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 3 days ago #11

Iross wrote:

Raven wrote:
I had a *fantastic* time at the Patron run!!!
The time & effort you put into building the puzzles and the dungeon really showed. Thanks for all your work building interesting sets, including fantastic ambient audio, and devising puzzles which worked for group-solve strategies, while being mostly hands-off (Golem hands being the exception).

I really look forward to doing this at Virtual GenCon, and am assuming there will be even fewer technical glitches by that time.

This Patron gives you and A++ Grade!

Really looking forward to hearing how everyone else’s runs go, and what the big update will bring.

Extra-Special thanks to all the cast & crew members who made the Patron run a wonderful experience!


Exactly this. The patron run last night was very fun and it felt very much like playing True Dungeon in person, everyone involved in planning and running the session did a great job. I'll not post any specifics as I don't want to spoil for groups which haven't done their runs yet, but I'm really looking forward to hearing more about plans for virtual runs in the future.


It's great to hear that you and Raven enjoyed it. Out of curiosity, what software platform(s) did you use?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Update 6/18 2 weeks 3 days ago #12

It was all done via Zoom, which is available via a web interface so there was no need for anyone to install anything or switch between applications during the run.
I play Rogue. Occasionally I even play Rogue well.

Current build: tdcharactercreator.com/#/character/edit/54550c58-0964-4b14-af03-5c485ca2ef70

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds