Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #13

I like the idea of a special color chip (onyx or something).


I’d also be for a reward that we need to purchase, a token management tool that says “10th level player” on it, book, scroll, sash or the like. Maybe a mug with “TPTB thank you” similar time the crit role mug?
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #14

Since level 10 is only obtained by veteran players why not give them the opportunity to take a group photo with 1 or more of the monsters/characters from the year?

I know there is a strict no photography as to not spoil the dungeon, but I imagine that level 10 players all will know the dungeon by the time they take their pictures and I doubt they would use these pictures to ruin the game for anyone.. This can also probably be arranged before or after runs so to not interfere with anyone's play.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #15

golden duck is probably the best idea ever


baring that id like something tangible for my time spent with td, a token that grants special abilities or some such

that being said im about 10 seasons away from lvl 10 so that's just one measly lvl 5s idea

(please don't eat me lvl ten dragon people)
#teamcakesnake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #16

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5799

Nick S wrote:
(please don't eat me lvl ten dragon people)


Best idea I've seen thus far, 10th level dragons for everyone XD

Seriously how about something like 10th level people always get both completion tokens regardless of difficulty (less incentive to run higher difficulties if pugging), or if we really want to go nuts how about something like a wish ring.

Something like that would have minimal cost to TD, no in game effect, would without question be awsome, and might allow longtime players who otherwise wouldnt make a legendary to make the jump. Players who wanted it as a keep sake could even hang onto the punched version.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Picc.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #17

Picc wrote:

Nick S wrote:
(please don't eat me lvl ten dragon people)


Best idea I've seen thus far, 10th level dragons for everyone XD

Seriously how about something like 10th level people always get both completion tokens regardless of difficulty (less incentive to run higher difficulties if pugging), or if we really want to go nuts how about something like a wish ring.

Something like that would have minimal cost to TD, no in game effect, would without question be awsome, and might allow longtime players who otherwise wouldnt make a legendary to make the jump. Players who wanted it as a keep sake could even hang onto the punched version.


I think this is a great idea. And I honestly think that level 10 should be something big. People keep saying don’t do anything or only add like +2 hp. How much $ have you spent on runs to get to level 10? Doesn’t matter that in five years there will be 100 of them. That is a ridiculous line of thinking imo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #18

Flik wrote:

Picc wrote:

Nick S wrote:
(please don't eat me lvl ten dragon people)


Best idea I've seen thus far, 10th level dragons for everyone XD

Seriously how about something like 10th level people always get both completion tokens regardless of difficulty (less incentive to run higher difficulties if pugging), or if we really want to go nuts how about something like a wish ring.

Something like that would have minimal cost to TD, no in game effect, would without question be awsome, and might allow longtime players who otherwise wouldnt make a legendary to make the jump. Players who wanted it as a keep sake could even hang onto the punched version.


I think this is a great idea. And I honestly think that level 10 should be something big. People keep saying don’t do anything or only add like +2 hp. How much $ have you spent on runs to get to level 10? Doesn’t matter that in five years there will be 100 of them. That is a ridiculous line of thinking imo.


Sure, subsidizing the reward on ticket prices is a way to do it. I think a physical reward like the badge holder probably was a great idea at the time, holding 10 years of badge holders in storage probably isn’t that big of a deal. When they don’t make the new ones the same people are unhappy that they don’t have both, or the old badge as it was original, or the new one since it looks more like their favorite color.

An extra box of level ten tokens, is probably just as inconvenient, but TPTB might be able to predict numbers and keep overhead down if they wanted too. Since tokens are ordered yearly having an extra 50 or 100 in a single year probably isn’t an issue (honestly I’m not sure). Being able to order the tokens as needed rather than large runs of mugs or backpack bonuses has advantages.

And this after I suggest a mug, and I honestly love the idea of a mug.
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #19

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I saw Druegar post something to the effect that TPTB already had a cool idea for the level 10 reward. So maybe it's already been decided? But I could be wrong and my forum searchfu is horrible so not even going to attempt it.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #20

Rob F wrote: Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I saw Druegar post something to the effect that TPTB already had a cool idea for the level 10 reward. So maybe it's already been decided? But I could be wrong and my forum searchfu is horrible so not even going to attempt it.


There was a post like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #21

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6933

Rob F wrote: Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I saw Druegar post something to the effect that TPTB already had a cool idea for the level 10 reward. So maybe it's already been decided? But I could be wrong and my forum searchfu is horrible so not even going to attempt it.


I think you are right. But when has that ever stopped us from arguing and speculating?
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #22

I feel deja-vu all of the sudden
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #23

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5799

Harlax wrote:

Rob F wrote: Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I saw Druegar post something to the effect that TPTB already had a cool idea for the level 10 reward. So maybe it's already been decided? But I could be wrong and my forum searchfu is horrible so not even going to attempt it.


I think you are right. But when has that ever stopped us from arguing and speculating?


Perhaps one of us will even suggest something that could be used for lv 11 :)
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Level 10 Ideas - 2nd thread 4 months 3 weeks ago #24

Picc wrote:

Nick S wrote:
(please don't eat me lvl ten dragon people)


Best idea I've seen thus far, 10th level dragons for everyone XD

Seriously how about something like 10th level people always get both completion tokens regardless of difficulty (less incentive to run higher difficulties if pugging), or if we really want to go nuts how about something like a wish ring.

Something like that would have minimal cost to TD, no in game effect, would without question be awsome, and might allow longtime players who otherwise wouldnt make a legendary to make the jump. Players who wanted it as a keep sake could even hang onto the punched version.


I could go for the 10th level players getting all completion tokens, that seems like a fun perk. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds