Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 11 months 2 days ago #13

I'm no graphic designer, hut it would seem by moving the 2020 to the top center, shrinking the key a bit, it would leave enough space for a coin on one side and a candle on the other.
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 11 months 2 days ago #14

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7889
My design methodology can best be described as “trial and error.” ;)
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 4 weeks ago #15

I am a graphic designer
🤣🤣

Aim for a triangular composition if possible when working with multiple elements. It’ll sit more stable and have more visual appeal. I like Wade’s suggestion of the date be moved to the top. You could have a design with a key, coin and candle nicely laid out like a still life. But you are challenged with a very small space to work so you’re going to lose a ton of detail and it may not print well if it’s very complicated. It may be tricky to get an image that works without having someone illustrate it for you, or find some royalty free images and be comfortable with composing the image digitally in photoshop or other thing.

I would play with your ideas. Put them all down. Sketch them. But put them all on paper so you can see them side by side. Only way to make a good choice when designing is to make 5-10 designs.

But.

In general it is always best to make things simple. The key image could work really nicely on its own. You may just want to work with that. :)
Lady Ophelia Songbird, the turkey-leg wielding bardic sensation.

Tur-key, na na na na na na na na na!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 4 weeks ago #16

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7889

Lady Hawke wrote: I am a graphic designer
🤣🤣

Aim for a triangular composition if possible when working with multiple elements. It’ll sit more stable and have more visual appeal. I like Wade’s suggestion of the date be moved to the top. You could have a design with a key, coin and candle nicely laid out like a still life. But you are challenged with a very small space to work so you’re going to lose a ton of detail and it may not print well if it’s very complicated. It may be tricky to get an image that works without having someone illustrate it for you, or find some royalty free images and be comfortable with composing the image digitally in photoshop or other thing.

I would play with your ideas. Put them all down. Sketch them. But put them all on paper so you can see them side by side. Only way to make a good choice when designing is to make 5-10 designs.

But.

In general it is always best to make things simple. The key image could work really nicely on its own. You may just want to work with that. :)


Thanks. I’m working with a poker chip manufacturer that uses a very simple design template system. I hadn’t thought of using photoshop. My most relevant experience was using Quark to produce a newsletter. But that been quite a few years ago.

Looks like you are a tiefling now?
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 4 weeks ago #17

Harlax wrote: Looks like you are a tiefling now?


Strange things happen when you leap into a portal to hell..
Lady Ophelia Songbird, the turkey-leg wielding bardic sensation.

Tur-key, na na na na na na na na na!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 4 weeks ago #18

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7889

Lady Hawke wrote:

Harlax wrote: Looks like you are a tiefling now?


Strange things happen when you leap into a portal to hell..


Not so much if you are a Paladin. B)

D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 3 weeks ago #19

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7889
Well, crap. Today's announcement delaying the underthing sends me back to the drawing board.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 3 weeks ago #20

Harlax wrote: Well, crap. Today's announcement delaying the underthing sends me back to the drawing board.


Steal the Blue Brotherhood's idea, cram all of our profiles onto it. Yes, all 20 or so of us who regularly run with the group!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 3 weeks ago #21

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7889

Fiddy wrote:

Harlax wrote: Well, crap. Today's announcement delaying the underthing sends me back to the drawing board.


Steal the Blue Brotherhood's idea, cram all of our profiles onto it. Yes, all 20 or so of us who regularly run with the group!


Easy Peasy. Everyone gets one pixel...
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 3 weeks ago #22

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5991

Harlax wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Harlax wrote: Well, crap. Today's announcement delaying the underthing sends me back to the drawing board.


Steal the Blue Brotherhood's idea, cram all of our profiles onto it. Yes, all 20 or so of us who regularly run with the group!


Easy Peasy. Everyone gets one pixel...


Could do a list of names memorializing last years/frequent runners.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 3 weeks ago #23

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 7889
So, thinking of what we know now. A haunted house theme. Tomb of Terrors. Here are two possibilities.

D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Team Synergy 2020 Participation Token Design 10 months 3 weeks ago #24

I like them both! Slight preference for cool blue, but would love either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds