Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Melee Damage in 2020

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #1

I've been working on a spreadsheet to calculate damage on and off for a while, and the recent proposed changes to Monk and Rangers prompted me to work on it some more today.

The idea for the spreadsheet was inspired by Matthew Hayward's spreadsheet, and I largely copied these builds from what he had listed. Like Matthew's builds, mine are focused on maximum damage only with BIS tokens from 2020.

These calculations use the following hit rates
Barbarian, Druid, Dwarf Fighter, Fighter, Paladin, Rogue:
35% miss, 60% hit, 5% crit

Monk:
40% miss, 50% hit, 10% crit

Ranger:
40% miss, 55% hit, 5% crit

Rogue when Sneak Attacking:
35% miss, 45% hit, 20% crit

These numbers are completely made up, though again based off of Matthew's spreadsheet. You should be able to duplicate the sheet and change the numbers if you like (Settings tab, light blue background boxes).

I should probably give several other caveats about these numbers, but here is the link
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_op8aLa3aXIe9rqsIerIklpvcM67dlaEiUO-CbP0Dqw/edit?usp=sharing

Melee Damage Rankings with 2020 Tokens
1Monk847
2Barbarian682
3Ranger673
4Rogue567
5Dwarf Fighter489
6Fighter464
7Paladin448
8Druid404
Notes:
Monk gains ~145 damage from their Legendary, but would still be in first place without it.
Barbarian gains ~170 damage from their Legendary, they would drop to 4th place under the Rogue without it.
Rogue is using Nightshade's for Sneak Attack twice, then Asher's for the rest of the combat.
Druid is polymorph, no bonus elemental damage, no spells at all. Any spell that does more than 37 damage would increase their output.

Melee Damage Rankings with 2020 Tokens and Proposed Monk/Ranger changes
1Barbarian682
2Monk621
3Rogue566
4Ranger509
5Dwarf Fighter489
6Fighter464
7Paladin448
8Druid404
Notes:
Rogue would be first place without the Barbarian and Monk Legendaries.
Barbarian gains ~170 damage from their Legendary, they would drop to 3rd place under the Monk without it.
Monk gains ~90 damage from their Legendary, they would drop to 2nd place under the Rogue without it.
Rogue is using Nightshade's for Sneak Attack twice, then Asher's for the rest of the combat.
Druid is polymorph, no bonus elemental damage, no spells at all. Any spell that does more than 37 damage would increase their output.

I plan to add Ranged builds for Rogue and Ranger next, but I wanted to share this for now.
Forum Name: Milambus
Real Name: Jake Fitch
Main Class: Monk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Milambus (Jake).

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #2

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5679
It's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out once everyone has their legendaries, thanks for putting it together.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #3

Druid damage seems low. Are all polymorph bonus damages actually being included? It looks like it is missing the +5 polymorph damage for Baton as well as +5 polymorph damage from 5th level (I'll admit I may just be overlooking them somehow though)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #4

Also for Druid in this comparison at given stats they would have higher damage output for all 10 rounds using spells instead of polymorph as +30 spell damage is attainable and their lowest spell is 8 damage base.

I agree the damage for Druids seems very low, might need to re-examine if it's not running polymorph

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #5

spitballing a poly druid build I got the stats below

Polymorph Hit +20
Polymorph Damage 45

damage types Fire Cold Shock Sonic Eldritch Darkrift

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #6

I got to 44. With Iktomi's average, I think the total is around 55.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #7

Fiddy wrote: Druid damage seems low. Are all polymorph bonus damages actually being included? It looks like it is missing the +5 polymorph damage for Baton as well as +5 polymorph damage from 5th level (I'll admit I may just be overlooking them somehow though)


You are correct, I had missed those and the fact that Druid get Keen while polymorphed. Damage increased to 515, placing it in 5th/4th place behind rogue. The spreadsheet is updated, I'll update the charts later (need to run to the store).

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: spitballing a poly druid build I got the stats below

Polymorph Hit +20
Polymorph Damage 45

damage types Fire Cold Shock Sonic Eldritch Darkrift


If you post the build I'll update the spreadsheet. I'll also break the Polymorph damage out to its own column like 2-handed damage is for some others.
Forum Name: Milambus
Real Name: Jake Fitch
Main Class: Monk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #8

Poly Druid

STR: 38
DEX: 19
CON: 18
INT: 11
WIS: 19
CHA: 15

Melee:
Hit: 20 Damage: 33 AC: 25

Polymorph Melee:
Hit: 20 Damage: 45 AC: 25

Range:
Hit: 5 Damage: 24 AC: 28 Missle AC: 0

Spell:
Damage: 14 Heal: 13 Resist: 0

Saves:
Reflex: 25 Fort: 23 Will: 23

Treasure:
Min: 3 Max: 3

Health: 52

Damage Reduction:
MeleeRangeSpellFireColdShockSonicEldritchPoisonDarkriftSacred
000000002100

Melee Mainhand: Drue’s +5 Baton of Focus
Melee Offhand: Orb of Might
Ranged Mainhand: +1 Mighty Sling
Ranged Offhand: Shield of the Scholar
Head: Crown of Might
Eyes: Lenses of the Fae
Left Ear: Earcuff of Orbits
Right Ear: Charming Earcuff
Neck: Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace
Bead: Bead of the Lucky Traveler
Torso: Sill’s Anointed Redoubt Mail
Wrist: Charm Bracelets
Hands: Gloves of the Brute
Back: Pharacus’ Greater Cloak of Destiny
Ring: Ring of the Eel
Ring: Ring of Frost
Waist: Surtr’s Girdle of Fire Giant Strength
Shirt: Shirt of Blessed Strength
Legs: Kilt of Dungeonbane - Strength
Shins: Venomguard Greaves
Boots: Boots of the Four Winds
Figurine: Figurine of Power: Raven
Charm: Charm of Awakened Synergy
Charm: Draco-Lich Claw Charm
Charm: Greater Onyx Charm
Charm: Questor’s Charm of Luck
Charm: Greater Quicksilver Charm
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Infernal Fire Prism
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Onyx Cube
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Tanzanite Cube
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Garnet Cube
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Topaz Trilliant
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Sapphire Prism
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Charming Cabochon
Slotless: Rod of Seven Parts
Slotless: Gregor’s Tome of Focus
Slotless: Runestone Fitting Base
Slotless: Runestone Fitting Base
Runestone: Winter Runestone
Runestone: Autumn Runestone
Runestone: Chaos Runestone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Arcanist Kolixela.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #9

Arcanist Kolixela wrote: Poly Druid

STR: 38
DEX: 19
CON: 18
INT: 11
WIS: 19
CHA: 15

Melee:
Hit: 20 Damage: 33 AC: 25

Polymorph Melee:
Hit: 20 Damage: 45 AC: 25

Range:
Hit: 5 Damage: 24 AC: 28 Missle AC: 0

Spell:
Damage: 14 Heal: 13 Resist: 0

Saves:
Reflex: 25 Fort: 23 Will: 23

Treasure:
Min: 3 Max: 3

Health: 52

Damage Reduction:

MeleeRangeSpellFireColdShockSonicEldritchPoisonDarkriftSacred
000000002100

Melee Mainhand: Drue’s +5 Baton of Focus
Melee Offhand: Orb of Might
Ranged Mainhand: +1 Mighty Sling
Ranged Offhand: Shield of the Scholar
Head: Crown of Might
Eyes: Lenses of the Fae
Left Ear: Earcuff of Orbits
Right Ear: Charming Earcuff
Neck: Iktomi’s Shaper Necklace
Bead: Bead of the Lucky Traveler
Torso: Sill’s Anointed Redoubt Mail
Wrist: Charm Bracelets
Hands: Gloves of the Brute
Back: Pharacus’ Greater Cloak of Destiny
Ring: Ring of the Eel
Ring: Ring of Frost
Waist: Surtr’s Girdle of Fire Giant Strength
Shirt: Shirt of Blessed Strength
Legs: Kilt of Dungeonbane - Strength
Shins: Venomguard Greaves
Boots: Boots of the Four Winds
Figurine: Figurine of Power: Raven
Charm: Charm of Awakened Synergy
Charm: Draco-Lich Claw Charm
Charm: Greater Onyx Charm
Charm: Questor’s Charm of Luck
Charm: Greater Quicksilver Charm
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Infernal Fire Prism
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Onyx Cube
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Tanzanite Cube
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Garnet Cube
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Topaz Trilliant
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Sapphire Prism
Ioun Stone: Ioun Stone Charming Cabochon
Slotless: Rod of Seven Parts
Slotless: Gregor’s Tome of Focus
Slotless: Runestone Fitting Base
Slotless: Runestone Fitting Base
Runestone: Winter Runestone
Runestone: Autumn Runestone
Runestone: Chaos Runestone

A few damage options,

Shirt of blessed strength to shirt of focus
Questors to fiendish charm
Sils to nether brute armor
Quicksilver charm to onyx charm
Ring of frost to sroec

You can put in an onyx sphere as well, but I'm not sure where you would find the extra 1 str.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Endgame.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #10

Endgame wrote: A few damage options,

Shirt of blessed strength to shirt of focus
Questors to fiendish charm
Sils to nether brute armor
Quicksilver charm to onyx charm
Ring of frost to sroec

You can put in an onyx sphere as well, but I'm not sure where you would find the extra 1 str.


Shirt of Focus is a net +1 good catch
Same with Fiendish Charm (at a net of -5HP)
Swapping the legendary and the UR to an uncommon for +1 damage seems a bit extreme

Ring of Frost to SROEC is a net -1 damage loss, so I'm not sure the suggestion there
(Ring = +2 damage, SROEC = +1 damage)

So technically with the charm and shirt change thats 47 poly damage.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #11

Onyx Sphere and Onyx charm would be another +1 damage for 48 poly total

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melee Damage in 2020 1 month 5 days ago #12

Arcanist Kolixela wrote:

Endgame wrote: A few damage options,

Shirt of blessed strength to shirt of focus
Questors to fiendish charm
Sils to nether brute armor
Quicksilver charm to onyx charm
Ring of frost to sroec

You can put in an onyx sphere as well, but I'm not sure where you would find the extra 1 str.


Shirt of Focus is a net +1 good catch
Same with Fiendish Charm (at a net of -5HP)
Swapping the legendary and the UR to an uncommon for +1 damage seems a bit extreme

Ring of Frost to SROEC is a net -1 damage loss, so I'm not sure the suggestion there
(Ring = +2 damage, SROEC = +1 damage)

So technically with the charm and shirt change thats 47 poly damage.

On the ring, you gain a lot in exchange for 1 damage. For a BiS build probably worth it.

For armor, I don't think sils ac is high enough to actually matter - better to bring a stat booster. If you don't like the idea of nether brute armor, go with the sunhide robe. You have odd Dex listed, so it will net 5ac, 5 ranged hit, and 5 Dex. For grinsc then you can equip thors too

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds