Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion"

2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion" 1 month 4 days ago #49

Brokkr wrote:

Bob Chasan wrote:

James J Krot wrote:

edwin wrote: Darkwood Plank are like vermin. They seem to multiply. Use 15 and end up with 30 more.


I know right I stopped buying 1k packs because I didn't want to deal with the transmutes.


I have been throwing my common and uncommon tokens that transmute to DP and MS in the Trash. I will try and transmute the rares but mailing a huge box to TD is as impractical as trying to carry them on a plane to GenCon.


I hope you're at least recycling them.


Tokens are not recyclable through typical recycling arrangements. The plastic is not coded with its recyclable type, and there is metal attached to the plastic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Matthew Hayward.

2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion" 1 month 3 days ago #50

Arnold wrote:

Harlax wrote:

FatalDrakkon wrote: Transmutation requires special apparatus. I always thought of it as building the magic circle and consuming energies trapped in the many ingredients for equivalent exchange.


Hmm, the first thing that popped into my mind when I saw that image was

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!


First thing that popped into my head was-

"BROTHER!"

Ha, mine was “Mother”
--
macXdmg
Monk of the Painda Order

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion" 1 month 3 days ago #51

I'm just hoping that the recipe discussion goes happens in parallel with whatever discussion happens on INT/WIS...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion" 1 month 3 days ago #52

Fiddy wrote: I'm just hoping that the recipe discussion goes happens in parallel with whatever discussion happens on INT/WIS...


Why? The 2020 tokens have nothing to do with INT/WIS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion" 1 month 3 days ago #53

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Fiddy wrote: I'm just hoping that the recipe discussion goes happens in parallel with whatever discussion happens on INT/WIS...


Why? The 2020 tokens have nothing to do with INT/WIS.


Yep. But... If we're redesigning the character cards, impact of INT/WIS would be good to know first. And character card redesigns should happen before 2021 token discussions. So, it'd be good to not delay the INT/WIS piece of that chain too long.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion" 1 month 3 days ago #54

Fiddy wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Fiddy wrote: I'm just hoping that the recipe discussion goes happens in parallel with whatever discussion happens on INT/WIS...


Why? The 2020 tokens have nothing to do with INT/WIS.


Yep. But... If we're redesigning the character cards, impact of INT/WIS would be good to know first. And character card redesigns should happen before 2021 token discussions. So, it'd be good to not delay the INT/WIS piece of that chain too long.


I'm totally with you that INT/WIS/CHA game role should be decided before 2021 token discussions (even if the decision is "we're punting that for a year").

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion" 1 month 3 days ago #55

We have already punted for a year. The original idea was for the change to come in 2020.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion" 1 month 3 days ago #56

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Fiddy wrote: I'm just hoping that the recipe discussion goes happens in parallel with whatever discussion happens on INT/WIS...


Why? The 2020 tokens have nothing to do with INT/WIS.


Yep. But... If we're redesigning the character cards, impact of INT/WIS would be good to know first. And character card redesigns should happen before 2021 token discussions. So, it'd be good to not delay the INT/WIS piece of that chain too long.


I'm totally with you that INT/WIS/CHA game role should be decided before 2021 token discussions (even if the decision is "we're punting that for a year").

Is there a thread that summarizes the direction from TPTB, or have people just been tossing out ideas for INT / WIS / CHA?

I know that there have been slot increasing based suggestions (not really a fan). Has anyone proposed removing the flat skill check in favor of a attribute based skill check? Int bonus adds to spell damage when skill check is passed and wisdom bonus adds to healing when skill check is passed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2020 Transmute Recipe "Discussion" 1 month 3 days ago #57

Endgame wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Fiddy wrote: I'm just hoping that the recipe discussion goes happens in parallel with whatever discussion happens on INT/WIS...


Why? The 2020 tokens have nothing to do with INT/WIS.


Yep. But... If we're redesigning the character cards, impact of INT/WIS would be good to know first. And character card redesigns should happen before 2021 token discussions. So, it'd be good to not delay the INT/WIS piece of that chain too long.


I'm totally with you that INT/WIS/CHA game role should be decided before 2021 token discussions (even if the decision is "we're punting that for a year").

Is there a thread that summarizes the direction from TPTB, or have people just been tossing out ideas for INT / WIS / CHA?

I know that there have been slot increasing based suggestions (not really a fan). Has anyone proposed removing the flat skill check in favor of a attribute based skill check? Int bonus adds to spell damage when skill check is passed and wisdom bonus adds to healing when skill check is passed.


I don’t remember where the original thread is but I do believe I remember those suggestions
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds