Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ten Commandments of TD

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 4 weeks ago #1

We've been discussing a variety of problems, major and (mostly?) minor, that could be clairified with some sort of poster in the Coaching and Training rooms. -- Let's brainstorm a "Ten Commandments of TD".

I'll try as a strawman/draft for people to improve on:
  1. Be corteous to your fellow teammates. You are a team. Cooperation is key for surviving the dungeon!
    (AKA don't be a jerk)

  2. If multiple people want the same character, TD forum 3rd level players do get priority, but please try to work it out before it comes to that. If both are 3rd or above, and agreement can't be made it's up to a die roll.

  3. The coach needs to record a lot of information in a short amount of time, please make their job easy. (QR code for charcter generators?)

  4. Time in the dungeon is your biggest enemy. Be efficient, and wait for minor rule arguments after the scenario.

  5. If you have run this dunegeon before, please don't spoil other people's fun. Keep clues to yourself, unless specifically asked.

  6. Please report positive and negative feedback to the Area Cooridinator immediately after the run.

  7. Take everything (except the pucks) with you!

  8. There are no restrooms in the dunegeon, and you can't leave once in. So please take care of things before you enter.

  9. ...

  10. "THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by EvilJohn.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 4 weeks ago #2

"Slide and move out of the way" should be covered in the training room, probably no need to put it here, right?

Rule 9: Don't pick up the duck! ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 4 weeks ago #3

I like this!

EvilJohn wrote: We've been discussing a variety of problems, major and (mostly?) minor, that could be clairified with some sort of poster in the Coaching and Training rooms. -- Let's brainstorm a "Ten Commandments of TD".

I'll try as a strawman/draft for people to improve on:

  1. Be corteous to your fellow teammates. You are a team. Cooperation is key for surviving the dungeon!
    (AKA don't be a jerk)

  2. If multiple people want the same character, TD forum 3rd level players do get priority, but please try to work it out before it comes to that. If both are 3rd or above, and agreement can't be made it's up to a die roll.

  3. The coach needs to record a lot of information in a short amount of time, please make their job easy. (QR code for charcter generators?)

  4. Time in the dungeon is your biggest enemy. Be efficient, and wait for minor rule arguments after the scenario.

  5. If you have run this dunegeon before, please don't spoil other people's fun. Keep clues to yourself, unless specifically asked.

  6. Please report positive and negative feedback to the Area Cooridinator immediately after the run.

  7. Take everything with you!

  8. There are no restrooms in the dunegeon, and you can't leave once in. So please take care of things before you enter.

  9. ...

  10. "THERE WILL NEVER BE A TOKEN EQUAL TO A GOOD BRAIN!"- Smakdown

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 4 weeks ago #4

7. Everything but the pucks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 4 weeks ago #5

Get to know your party members.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 4 weeks ago #6

On the forums:

A.B.D.

Always Be Derailing.


Wait - are there rules prescriptive or descriptive?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 4 weeks ago #7

Oh, and for the nay-sayers (cough-Druegar-cough) that say "why bother, people don't read!" Sure. Many won't. But as a Coach, it'd be great to have a poster of intro talking points when you get to a room. There's a lot of things to say, and I didn't remember all of them all of the time (like the bathroom warning).

i.e. this is for the players and the coaches.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 4 weeks ago #8

  • Harlax
  • Harlax's Avatar
  • Away
  • 8th Level
  • Supporter
  • Baruk Khazad!
  • Posts: 6805

EvilJohn wrote: Oh, and for the nay-sayers (cough-Druegar-cough) that say "why bother, people don't read!" Sure. Many won't. But as a Coach, it'd be great to have a poster of intro talking points when you get to a room. There's a lot of things to say, and I didn't remember all of them all of the time (like the bathroom warning).

i.e. this is for the players and the coaches.


The year we had laminated FAQ sheets in coaching I can assure you they were ignored. I pointed them out at the start of very group. I can’t recall anyone reading them. A few people glanced in their direction and then went back to their shiny tokens.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 3 weeks ago #9

Harlax wrote:

EvilJohn wrote: Oh, and for the nay-sayers (cough-Druegar-cough) that say "why bother, people don't read!" Sure. Many won't. But as a Coach, it'd be great to have a poster of intro talking points when you get to a room. There's a lot of things to say, and I didn't remember all of them all of the time (like the bathroom warning).

i.e. this is for the players and the coaches.


The year we had laminated FAQ sheets in coaching I can assure you they were ignored. I pointed them out at the start of very group. I can’t recall anyone reading them. A few people glanced in their direction and then went back to their shiny tokens.


That’s what I’ve been saying
Please visit my fledgling token store.
truedungeon.com/forum?view=topic&catid=583&id=247486

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 3 weeks ago #10

I feel like 10 commandments are too many. We need to reduce it to like 3 golden rules.
If you liked my room, my name is Steve. If you didn't like my room, my name is Hoolio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 3 weeks ago #11

Bob Chasan wrote:

Harlax wrote:

EvilJohn wrote: Oh, and for the nay-sayers (cough-Druegar-cough) that say "why bother, people don't read!" Sure. Many won't. But as a Coach, it'd be great to have a poster of intro talking points when you get to a room. There's a lot of things to say, and I didn't remember all of them all of the time (like the bathroom warning).

i.e. this is for the players and the coaches.


The year we had laminated FAQ sheets in coaching I can assure you they were ignored. I pointed them out at the start of very group. I can’t recall anyone reading them. A few people glanced in their direction and then went back to their shiny tokens.


That’s what I’ve been saying


The truth is the more things you put out to read, the less likely anyone will. It’s just human nature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ten Commandments of TD 3 months 3 weeks ago #12

FatalDrakkon wrote: I feel like 10 commandments are too many. We need to reduce it to like 3 golden rules.


1. Dont be a jerk
2. Slide and move
3. Bards die first?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds