Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: I am reading the books now

I am reading the books now 1 year 8 months ago #1

  • jedibcg
  • jedibcg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Hero Member +2
  • Hero Member +2
  • What is personal text?
  • Posts: 6292
After I got so much grief at TDC, I bought both books today. If the weather is as terrible as it is supposed to be I will be reading most of the weekend. Minus time to sort out Origin tickets.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am reading the books now 1 year 8 months ago #2

yeah, I need to do this too.

thanks for the reminder
*mental note* always listen to Jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am reading the books now 1 year 8 months ago #3

I did Name of the Wind on audiobook (first time trying that) but after seeing how much longer Wise Man's Fear is I got the kindle version and just started reading that. Definitely plan to finish by GC.
Classes Played: Barbarian (14 times), Fighter (8), Cleric (7), Monk (7), Rogue (6), Dwarf Fighter (6), Ranger (5), Paladin (5), Druid (3), Elf Wizard (2).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am reading the books now 1 year 8 months ago #4

jedibcg wrote: After I got so much grief at TDC, I bought both books today. If the weather is as terrible as it is supposed to be I will be reading most of the weekend. Minus time to sort out Origin tickets.


When you are done with them, pick up The Slow Regard of Silent Things. But only after you have finished the first two.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.

I am reading the books now 1 year 8 months ago #5

I just finished the two books for my second time this past week, and am about to read The Slow Regard of Silent Things again...

Getting ready for GenCon...

I am chomping at the bit waiting for the third book... best I can see on the web, we are maybe a year and a half out for the third book... anyone have better information on that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am reading the books now 1 year 8 months ago #6

Harlax wrote:

jedibcg wrote: After I got so much grief at TDC, I bought both books today. If the weather is as terrible as it is supposed to be I will be reading most of the weekend. Minus time to sort out Origin tickets.


When you are done with them, pick up The Slow Regard of Silent Things. But only after you have finished the first two.


Actually - read some reviews of that before you do.


It's not for everyone.

I liked the main books quite a bit, and couldn't get through TSROST. I am not alone.
Pick your Purple and discounted token packs: discount-dungeon.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am reading the books now 1 year 8 months ago #7

Matthew Hayward wrote:

Harlax wrote:

jedibcg wrote: After I got so much grief at TDC, I bought both books today. If the weather is as terrible as it is supposed to be I will be reading most of the weekend. Minus time to sort out Origin tickets.


When you are done with them, pick up The Slow Regard of Silent Things. But only after you have finished the first two.


Actually - read some reviews of that before you do.


It's not for everyone.

I liked the main books quite a bit, and couldn't get through TSROST. I am not alone.


Regardless, if you want a better understanding of an interesting character in the series, this book will provide it.

On the other hand, if you find that character a distraction or annoyance, you will just be more annoyed.
D&D teaches all the important lessons in life - the low blow, the cheap shot, the back stab, the double cross. - Jerry Marsischky

Let them trap us. We have our swords. - Elric of Melnibone.

You try to get them to play the game, but all they want to do is play the rules. - Ardak Kumerian

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend - Faramir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Harlax.
  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds