Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: 500 bags

500 bags 3 years 1 month ago #1

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 5959
So this year we had 50 and 100 treasure packs that ran out quickly (no surprise really) so I was wondering if we might be able to address the issue next con by having 500 bags. What do you guys think? I doubt we would need very many, but it would take a lot of load off from the 50s.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

500 bags 3 years 1 month ago #2

Picc wrote: So this year we had 50 and 100 treasure packs that ran out quickly (no surprise really) so I was wondering if we might be able to address the issue next con by having 500 bags. What do you guys think? I doubt we would need very many, but it would take a lot of load off from the 50s.


Just to be clear the 100 bags were a mistake. They were 100's left over from last year not this year. They removed them Thursday morning/afternoon to remove the confusion. They only had 50's for 2017 tokens.

That said according to the Treasure Pull Google Doc there were only 4 people that pulled over 500 tokens. Now I know there were more people than that because not everyone contributes to the google doc. So if we think there are 10 times as many folks pulling 500 tokens as filled out the doc you still would only need 40 bags. I think that many tokens in one bag (it would need to be a HUGE bag, is asking for trouble. People are complaining about 'bad' 50 bags. Can you imagine getting a 500 bag and it have nothing you think is good in it? Just my 2 cents. I honestly think the answer is just to have a lot more 50's (and maybe 100's). If there are too many they can always be dumped back into the box.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

500 bags 3 years 1 month ago #3

jedibcg wrote:

Picc wrote: So this year we had 50 and 100 treasure packs that ran out quickly (no surprise really) so I was wondering if we might be able to address the issue next con by having 500 bags. What do you guys think? I doubt we would need very many, but it would take a lot of load off from the 50s.


Just to be clear the 100 bags were a mistake. They were 100's left over from last year not this year. They removed them Thursday morning/afternoon to remove the confusion. They only had 50's for 2017 tokens.

That said according to the Treasure Pull Google Doc there were only 4 people that pulled over 500 tokens. Now I know there were more people than that because not everyone contributes to the google doc. So if we think there are 10 times as many folks pulling 500 tokens as filled out the doc you still would only need 40 bags. I think that many tokens in one bag (it would need to be a HUGE bag, is asking for trouble. People are complaining about 'bad' 50 bags. Can you imagine getting a 500 bag and it have nothing you think is good in it? Just my 2 cents. I honestly think the answer is just to have a lot more 50's (and maybe 100's). If there are too many they can always be dumped back into the box.


I would agree with Jedi - that being said.

My buddy in our group pulls his own tokens from the box had 114 pulls from boxes - 2 legendaries, 2 relics, 4 trade items... way better than the bags.
Team Legacy
Yes I'm an Arneson you do the math.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

500 bags 3 years 1 month ago #4

Kaledor wrote:

jedibcg wrote:

Picc wrote: So this year we had 50 and 100 treasure packs that ran out quickly (no surprise really) so I was wondering if we might be able to address the issue next con by having 500 bags. What do you guys think? I doubt we would need very many, but it would take a lot of load off from the 50s.


Just to be clear the 100 bags were a mistake. They were 100's left over from last year not this year. They removed them Thursday morning/afternoon to remove the confusion. They only had 50's for 2017 tokens.

That said according to the Treasure Pull Google Doc there were only 4 people that pulled over 500 tokens. Now I know there were more people than that because not everyone contributes to the google doc. So if we think there are 10 times as many folks pulling 500 tokens as filled out the doc you still would only need 40 bags. I think that many tokens in one bag (it would need to be a HUGE bag, is asking for trouble. People are complaining about 'bad' 50 bags. Can you imagine getting a 500 bag and it have nothing you think is good in it? Just my 2 cents. I honestly think the answer is just to have a lot more 50's (and maybe 100's). If there are too many they can always be dumped back into the box.


I would agree with Jedi - that being said.

My buddy in our group pulls his own tokens from the box had 114 pulls from boxes - 2 legendaries, 2 relics, 4 trade items... way better than the bags.


Way lucky you mean. Since it is the pool of tokens.....dunno how many times I have to say it.
You either discover a star or you don't. You arrogant punk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds