Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Was there / what was the GT bonus?

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #1

Ok - put me out of my misery :)

Was there a gt run bonus?

What was it?

Thanks for sharing!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #2

Matthew Hayward wrote: Ok - put me out of my misery :)

Was there a gt run bonus?

What was it?

Thanks for sharing!


Loot bag was similar to last year.

Bonus was, get a number 1-40. One at a time enter Grind room and choose a sigil and a weapon (plastic but very cool looking - can post pic later). As with sigildry in Kingkiller, the two are combined. Sigil was a random bonus, like +hit or +damage. I got +5 Darkrift damage. Lasts through the TD season I believe (until next Gen Con)? You have to hold the weapon while you slide to get the bonus.
Classes Played: Barbarian (29 times), Monk (23), Ranger (19), Rogue (15), Cleric (12), Fighter (9), Dwarf Fighter (7), Druid (6), Paladin (5), Bard (3), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Reap.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #3

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1546
Fiddy was the last one to go through and lucked out with 2 sigils for a crazy bonus to hit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #4

James J Krot wrote: Fiddy was the last one to go through and lucked out with 2 sigils for a crazy bonus to hit.


It's not that crazy, just +5 total :)


Not yet mentioned:

Some of the weapons we're cursed. Like MasterEd's.

If you're a Ranger doing double melee weapons, you have to hold them weapon in your mouth while you slide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #5

Fiddy wrote:

James J Krot wrote: Fiddy was the last one to go through and lucked out with 2 sigils for a crazy bonus to hit.


It's not that crazy, just +5 total :)


Not yet mentioned:

Some of the weapons we're cursed. Like MasterEd's.

If you're a Ranger doing double melee weapons, you have to hold them weapon in your mouth while you slide.


I think the Monk also has to hold in mouth while they slide.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #6

  • Picc
  • Picc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 9th Level
  • Supporter
  • Remember when we were explorers?
  • Posts: 6119
lol, hope I get a chance to see that before the con is done.
Semper Gumby, Always flexible.

Sartre sits in in a coffee shop and asks for a coffee without cream. The barista apologizes “Sorry, we don't have any cream. Can I offer you a coffee without milk instead?”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #7

What were some of the curses? I didn't hear what those were.
Classes Played: Barbarian (29 times), Monk (23), Ranger (19), Rogue (15), Cleric (12), Fighter (9), Dwarf Fighter (7), Druid (6), Paladin (5), Bard (3), Elf Wizard (2), Wizard (2)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #9

Rob F wrote:

Fiddy wrote:

James J Krot wrote: Fiddy was the last one to go through and lucked out with 2 sigils for a crazy bonus to hit.


It's not that crazy, just +5 total :)


Not yet mentioned:

Some of the weapons we're cursed. Like MasterEd's.

If you're a Ranger doing double melee weapons, you have to hold them weapon in your mouth while you slide.


I think the Monk also has to hold in mouth while they slide.


Since the Monk is supposed to slide with the same hand twice, they can hold it on the offhand.

Ranger becomes an awesome pirate!!
First ever death in True Horde
"Well, with you guarding 2 players, that means you take 90. Are you dead?"
-Incognito

My token shop/trade thread: Wade's Wide World of Wonder 

My Current Paladin Build 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #10

  • James
  • James's Avatar
  • Offline
  • 7th Level
  • Supporter
  • Never let me play druid.
  • Posts: 1546

Jeff321 wrote: What were some of the curses? I didn't hear what those were.


Only one I know of is someone got turned into a ghost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #11

The curses depended on the bonus. So Ed's sigil gave something like ignore incorporeal 50%? I don't quite remember. But because it was odd like that, Jeff had to make up an odd curse because Ed took the cursed weapon - the hook. So Ed becomes a ghost when he uses it, gaining the 50% miss. Or something not quite resembling that.

I gained a +16 damage... to undead. The only undead I've seen in 5 years were flying heads in this year's grind... which we avoided.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Was there / what was the GT bonus? 3 years 6 months ago #12

Lodestone (KH) wrote: The curses depended on the bonus. So Ed's sigil gave something like ignore incorporeal 50%? I don't quite remember. But because it was odd like that, Jeff had to make up an odd curse because Ed took the cursed weapon - the hook. So Ed becomes a ghost when he uses it, gaining the 50% miss. Or something not quite resembling that.

I gained a +16 damage... to undead. The only undead I've seen in 5 years were flying heads in this year's grind... which we avoided.


One of the end bosses last year was undead.

Or maybe it was 2 years ago?

The cow avatar of death.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds